TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

C.S.I. (02.07.02) [spoilers]

Old 02-07-02, 09:16 PM

C.S.I. (02.07.02) [spoilers]

Warning: Jason Beghe sighting...

Since we first saw him introduced, I thought he was a little suspicious. Still, this episode provided some nifty twists and turns...not to mention a cool innovation (meat bullet) and something I had never heard of (body farm). We'll see what happens to Sara's character, if she decides to leave or stay? It's interesting to see what goes on in the character's personal lives...especially Grissom's (who has a nice butterfly wall at his place BTW ).
Old 02-07-02, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: C.S.I. (02.07.02) [spoilers]

Originally posted by Geofferson
We'll see what happens to Sara's character, if she decides to leave or stay?
Will they add her to the spin-off series?! We'll see...

I missed the last 8 minutes? What happened?
Old 02-07-02, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Those body farms actually exist. I've seen a Discovery Channel (or TLC, I can't remember) special on those places. Pretty cool.

Anyways, a good episode all around.
Old 02-07-02, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
the meat bullet was cool
hope that's true about life with no parole for child bangers
Old 02-07-02, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Re: C.S.I. (02.07.02) [spoilers]

Originally posted by Goldberg74
Please?!
Old 02-07-02, 10:37 PM

Jason Beghe looked really thin.
Old 02-07-02, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by mikehunt
the meat bullet was cool
hope that's true about life with no parole for child bangers
Usually not mandatory, but most states do allow life/no parole sentences for child molesters. Can't speak for Nevada though.

Some states (like Florida) still have provisions allowing the death penalty if the girl is under 12, but such a sentence would never hold up....

BTW, was it just me, or did the girl look a whole lot older than the 13 she was supposed to be in the show?
Old 02-08-02, 12:29 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

Originally posted by WildcatLH
BTW, was it just me, or did the girl look a whole lot older than the 13 she was supposed to be in the show?
Totally agree. I thought she was 16 at least.
Old 02-08-02, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Re: C.S.I. (02.07.02) [spoilers]

Originally posted by Goldberg74

- Warrick finsihes his work on the picture and makes out what looks like an image of a porthole in the girl's eye. He then finds out that the father of the girl has a boat and on the boat finds a blanket with both the father's and daughter's dna.

- The Father was the killer. He killed Mike because Mike found out about what he was doing with his daughter.

- He gets life without parole because of a mandatory state punishment for the crime.

- Grissom decides to send Sara a plant at the very end.

I have one question - when the parents of the girl are shown for the first time the father asks if his son is in trouble after he walks in. They then cut to a shot of the mother smiling for a second and then quickly trying to hide her smile. This didn't make any sense if she is not part of the crime,
Old 02-08-02, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I agree, that girl looked a lot older than she was supposed to be. I thought I heard Catherine say she was 12, she looked 16 or 17 to me.

Is it possible to zoom in to a reflection in someone's eye and make out a clear picture?

I don't think Sara will leave. She was upset that Grissom didn't respect her but he sent her that plant at the end as an 'I'm sorry, you're respected' gift.

I was eating dinner when they pulled that rotten blood out of the community fridge that stunk up everyone's food. I almost puked.

Remind me never to donate my body to a "body farm" after I die. I don't want to be hung in a tree out in the woods, like that poor guy
Old 02-08-02, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

As far as seeing a reflection in that picture, I don't think it's possible.

I know NOTHING about algorithms, but I do know a little something about photography, and I know that that picture wouldn't nearly have had the resolution necessary to pick up the reflection. A high-res, telephoto lens camera might have been able to pick it up, but certainly not an amateur photographer and camera. If you zoomed in that closely, it would just be a dark blur.

We were watching the ep and before they even said it my wife goes "cool, a body farm." She's seen that Discovery channel thing too, but it disturbed me that she knew what it was
Old 02-08-02, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk God

Wow, I hope Sara sticks around. She's a cool character on the show. If she does leave this CSI, let's hope she pops up on the spinoff show.
Old 02-08-02, 11:50 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

The Sara thing came out of leftfield for me, there was no real arc to it, so I think the writers just tossed it in there to add some spice.

Grissom needs to be a bit less of a crusader, and more of a team player. Whatever about the beef thing, she was interested in his experiment, and wanted to discuss.

She would be a loss to the show, and I think she would have to be replaced by a female to make it viable.

although she has left ER in its prime, left the west wing in its prime. So she has a history of this. she obviously has good reps, who get her good roles.
Old 02-08-02, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I missed the beginning of the show because I am partly watching Will & Grace at the same time, so please forgive me if I ask...

What is a body farm?
Old 02-08-02, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
people who donate their bodies to science get their bodies put in many different scenarios to see decomposition in a controlled setting. There were bodies in cars, partially burried, and one was hanging by a rope from a tree
it's one of the ways Grisom knows what bugs come at what times, they've used body farm bodies to record such things

Originally posted by IamFlip
I missed the beginning of the show because I am partly watching Will & Grace at the same time, so please forgive me if I ask...

What is a body farm?