TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Sex and the City (2.4.02) [spoilers]

Old 02-05-02, 09:09 AM

Sex and the City (2.4.02) [spoilers]

Just got around to watching this episode last night. Overall, I was a little disappointed. It was rather predictable, with a more serious tone than recent episodes. It will be interesting to see what happens with Samantha and Richard though, since they are gonna stick to monogomy.
Old 02-05-02, 10:48 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

I enjoyed the episode, the pacing does appear to be slowing down this last couple of episodes.

My favorite thing, was the floral dress Charlotte was wearing I love that dress.

I liked the julian character, but I thought he was going to end up being her father, quite the opposite in fact. There appeared to be a lot of parenting themes running through the episode.

Miranda being a sucky mom, charlotte a perfect one, Carrie's missing dad, and Samantha's tossing out the girl for calling Richard Daddy...

Speaking of how high off the ground was that bed??

I think Richard and Samantha are good for each other, but I don't really see them sticking together.

I like how Samantha refered to steve as one-ball.

I think Carrie's writers are using some of aidan's lines on her, because for some reason her inflection made what she was saying sound like it was coming from Aidan.
Old 02-05-02, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Badly Drawn Boy, I couldn't agree more with everything you said, down to Charlotte's flower dress being my favorite part of the show. While the pacing of this show was slow, a LOT happened, so I was pleased overall. Love to see Samantha get some personal growth time.

And can I just say that I DON'T like Carrie's new haircut. I will never understand why short hair is considered cute, when long hair is so fabulous. Depending on the woman, of course, but imho it holds true for many, myself included. I loved her long hair - it was beautiful.
Old 02-06-02, 09:04 PM

I have to say this was the best episode since season 3 resumed. And it was jam packed with information and insight from Carrie's past. I thought that was done extremely well. I'm very curious how the season finale is going to go! Does anyone know when season 3 is due on DVD?
Old 02-07-02, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by mots2
I have to say this was the best episode since season 3 resumed. And it was jam packed with information and insight from Carrie's past. I thought that was done extremely well. I'm very curious how the season finale is going to go! Does anyone know when season 3 is due on DVD?
This is season FOUR. Season Three is Charlotte's meeting and wedding to Trey, Carrie's affair with Big and breakup with Aidan and Big's divorce. Season Three should show up on DVD (judging by the release of 1 and 2) around May of this year.

I enjoyed this episode. Cool backstories from Carrie and some from Miranda. I just realized that we have NEVER met any parents of these four - you'd have thought we'd have met at least Miranda's father at her mother's funeral or Charlotte's parents at her wedding.

I thought it might have been a nice touch to drop Lainey (sp?) into this episode since she was the reason they trucked out to the burbs in season 2 for a baby shower. Good to see Charlotte and Miranda patch things up. It is interesting that Charlotte is systematically finding herself rejoining the group as a single woman on a one-by-one basis. I guess next week is Samantha's turn.

BadlyDrawnBoy - I think the height of the bed was for effect - it WAS pretty funny, especially the second time. We've seen the bed several times and it sits at a rather normal height (the personal shopper just sat down on it in a previous episode).

How WILL this season end? There is usually some sort of jawdropper. Is Miranda going to have her baby or complications that require emergency hospitalization? I didn't watch the preview for it - any theories (please don't spill it if you know)?