DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Who is the most annoying sports broadcaster? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/180275-who-most-annoying-sports-broadcaster.html)

Decker 02-02-02 07:19 AM

Who is the most annoying sports broadcaster?

In honor of the Superbowl, I was wondering who you thought was the most anoying person covering sports on TV today. Of course, new suggestions are always welcome :)

palebluedot 02-02-02 08:14 AM

I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate John Madden.

But for most annoying I am going to have to go with Glanville, he is so excruciatingly annoying.

explosivej 02-02-02 10:01 AM

Walton

Bcolon 02-02-02 10:38 AM

None of the above. I vote for Dan Dierdorf! I can't stand listening to him. If Chris Collingsworth were still doing play by play he'd get my vote. I'm a Steelers fan and was forced to listen to him do far too many games. Being an ex bungle, he couldn't help but show his complete disdain for his former arch rival. Plus he is really annoying.

dvd-4-life 02-02-02 10:48 AM

Tim ( Pro New York) McCarver

Deftones 02-02-02 11:08 AM

Bill Walton by far. We call him the master of the obvious around here. He'll state things that a blatantly obvious to the watching public. He must think it's a bunch of 3rd graders watching the game.

das Monkey 02-02-02 11:21 AM

For the vote, I went with Fussberger, because he's just wrong half the time.

But for just plain annoying, it's difficult to top Tim McCarver.

das

ClarkKentKY 02-02-02 11:33 AM

Chris berman

grunter 02-02-02 11:58 AM

Who's the balding blonde dufus that "stars" in all those 10-10-220 commercials? My vote goes to him.

SnoopDogg 02-02-02 12:08 PM

I voted Walton

D-Ball 02-02-02 01:53 PM

Kenny Albert. He sounds just like Marv. I hate that voice.

das Monkey 02-02-02 02:36 PM

Originally posted by grunter
Who's the balding blonde dufus that "stars" in all those 10-10-220 commercials? My vote goes to him.
The great Terry Bradshaw. :)

I want to hate the guy, because he's so annoying, but he does a good job playing the "idiot." Sure, he really is an idiot, but he doesn't try to act smart ... he accepts that he's an idiot and lets the others make fun of him. It's fun to watch Howie Long roll his eyes and tell him that he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about every Sunday morning.

das

Geofferson 02-02-02 04:14 PM

John Madden...the guy just won't shut up.

Thrush 02-02-02 05:24 PM

Joe Theisman, I cant stand him.

CaptDS9E 02-02-02 05:59 PM

I hate McCarver also. Im a met fan and was happy to see him leave there broadcasting team. Then he jumped to the yanks and now hes off to San Fran

Capt

Josh H 02-02-02 07:46 PM

Originally posted by Deftones17
Bill Walton by far. We call him the master of the obvious around here. He'll state things that a blatantly obvious to the watching public. He must think it's a bunch of 3rd graders watching the game.
Ditto, and for the same reasons.

schizopak 02-03-02 03:44 AM

Walton no question. A bigger idiot never existed.

Decker 02-03-02 05:45 AM

I thought I could add more choices to the poll; I guess I can't. I was going to put Glanville down, but I forgot. He bugs the $%^& out of me as well. Tim McCarver doesn't bother me too much, but he is a master of the obvious. Behrman is a good choice; my wife always screams at me to turn off the TV if he's on and in his yelling mode.

I'm suprised that there isn't more venom pointed at "Dickie V". That guy is so irritating and his schtick is SO old. Every time he pops up on the TV I dive for my remote, and I still end up hearing the word "Baby" about seven or eight before I can change it. I really enjoyed the Kansas-Missouri game on Monday night, but I had to watch it with the sound off!

TheMadMonk 02-03-02 08:56 AM

My vote goes to Madden.

Copenhagen 02-03-02 02:08 PM

Originally posted by Decker
Tim McCarver ........but he is a master of the obvious.
Totally agree

Burnt Alive 02-03-02 03:33 PM

Those of you who don't live in southern California are very lucky....Bill Walton does all the televised Clippers games...

thehsbr 02-03-02 07:23 PM

Michael Cole...nuff said

jason978 02-04-02 12:28 AM

where's Bob Costas?? That guy loves himself way tooo much.

dave955 02-04-02 02:02 AM

Even though I find Bill Walton extremely annoying, he doesn't make me want to commit homicide like Dick Vitale does. I HATE HATE HATE HIS SHOUTING STUPID PHRASES

JsphOfArimethia 02-05-02 01:14 AM

Well my vote goes to everything CBS. IMO the most horrible excuse for sports coverage there ever was. With Sims (the dumbest white man) and Gumbel (the whitest black man) announcing every big game they have it's a wonder I haven't broken my TV yet. These two are so stupid they could become NFL officials. After CBS I'd have to say Kenny Mayne and Stuart "Stu" Scott are the only ones that really irk me.

Note to Kenny: You're not funny.