DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   GI Joe coming to Cartoon Network? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/180064-gi-joe-coming-cartoon-network.html)

UWSarge 02-01-02 03:03 PM

GI Joe coming to Cartoon Network?

From Quick Kick Theatre:

Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., an AOL Time Warner company that owns the Cartoon Network, has purchased the G.I.Joe television broadcast rights according to TV-Loonland.com, a German media company that bought Sunbow from Sony in October 2000

http://qktheatre.com/news/

*Update* New post by me on the show returning. Check bottom of the thread

AgtFox 02-01-02 03:51 PM

Could go to Boomerang too, but CN is likely.

JohnPhoenix 02-01-02 05:01 PM

IIRC, Gi Joe was on Cartoon Network a long time ago.. of course, this was when I did NOT have CN. :( I hope this happens, because I miss this show! They need to get Transformers on too!

kevin75 02-01-02 05:25 PM

HELL YEAH!!! if they got a transformers/gi joe hour that would kick so much arse.

immortal_zeus 02-01-02 05:29 PM

Geez, how old are you guys? :confused::p

Just kidding...I wouldn't mind seeing GI Joe again, either...though I'm definitely not as excited as you losers. :D:p

http://www.ameritech.net/users/dvdtalk/rome.gif

G. Noel Gross 02-01-02 08:12 PM

Oh sweet Lord let this be true! I'd hate to have pee'd my pants for no good reason.

AgtFox 02-04-02 09:44 AM

Originally posted by immortal_zeus
[B]Geez, how old are you guys? :confused::p
We're children of the 80s obviously :).

Eternia 02-04-02 09:59 AM

Not a fan of GI Joe. I remember awaking up in the morning, it was the only thing on and I would cringe. Oh well, it is a good move though. They already had Thundercats, now GI Joe. Maybe He-Man and She-Ra will show up soon after that - if Hallmark would let them leave their damn clutches.

kevin75 02-04-02 07:20 PM

Originally posted by AgtFox

:thumbsup:

Aaron Amos 02-04-02 08:55 PM

Originally posted by AgtFox

:thumbsup: Now just bring em out on DVD too! I want my G.I Joe and Transformers !

CaptainMarvel 02-04-02 09:34 PM

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let this be true.

Now if they could also get Visionaries (there weren't that many episodes), all would be well with the world.

JohnPhoenix 02-04-02 10:25 PM

Transformers Season 1 DVD is in the works at Rhino, but has been delayed -- alot. R2 Transformer discs are out and are really nice.

There's no plans for G.I. Joe on DVD yet (other than the movie).

Originally posted by Aaron Amos

:thumbsup: Now just bring em out on DVD too! I want my G.I Joe and Transformers !

Aaron Amos 02-04-02 11:12 PM

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Transformers Season 1 DVD is in the works at Rhino, but has been delayed -- alot. R2 Transformer discs are out and are really nice.

There's no plans for G.I. Joe on DVD yet (other than the movie).

I know about Transformers Season 1 DVD .I'm just sick and tired of all these delays by Rhino! :( I guess you could say I'm getting a little impatient with them and waiting. I have not seen these series since the 1980's when I was pre-teen-teenager.I think I was 11 or 12 when they came out on TV.

AgtFox 02-05-02 11:57 AM

Here's something I find amazing about cartoons I watched in the 80s (My pre-teen years were the 80s...born in 1976), none of the shows lasted very long. I think back and think a lot of them had tons of episodes, but most of them do not. It's kind of like reading a classic book when you were young and again when you are older, the perception changes.

Just a little thing I found funny...

Thrush 02-06-02 02:25 AM

I'm waiting on them to re-air He Man

Eternia 02-06-02 08:59 AM

Originally posted by Thrush
I'm waiting on them to re-air He Man
I sense it will be happening soon. Mattel is releasing a brand new line of He-Man action figures this summer, and there is suppose to be a one hour cartoon special to go along with it.

Maybe that will wake Hallmark up (who owns all of the Filmation cartoons) and release stuff on video, DVD, or at least on TV somewhere.

UWSarge 05-22-02 07:13 PM

Looks like this is really happening. Read on YoJoe.com that the cartoon series will be returning in July. The only bad thing is that it'll be airing at 1am. Time to start up the VCR!

Pac-Rat 05-22-02 07:22 PM

Originally posted by UWSarge
Looks like this is really happening. Read on YoJoe.com that the cartoon series will be returning in July. The only bad thing is that it'll be airing at 1am. Time to start up the VCR!
Thanks for the update.
I like the 1am timeslot. At least I won't have to worry about it going against something else I want to watch.

BigDave 05-22-02 10:08 PM

Originally posted by UWSarge
The only bad thing is that it'll be airing at 1am.
That's what Tivos are for. :)

Can't wait to see how they are after all these years.

einTier 05-23-02 11:05 AM

And now I know!

...and knowing is half the battle....

SWEET! Now, if they'd just bring back G-Force (or even Battle of the Planets) I could actually start loving CN again.

G. Noel Gross 05-24-02 11:55 AM

Originally posted by BigDave
That's what Tivos are for.
Amen!

BenCJedi 05-24-02 01:09 PM

I hope they show the little lessons at the end of the episodes.

Then I can learn to stop fainting in the garage from poor ventilation during painting. :) j/k

Aghama 05-24-02 01:47 PM

Knowing cartoon network, they'll probably edit all of the scenes of people getting shot....wait, never mind.

dfrazier 05-24-02 05:57 PM

Originally posted by Aghama
Knowing cartoon network, they'll probably edit all of the scenes of people getting shot....wait, never mind.
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!

CN shows some of the most violent cartoons out there. Ever heard of Dragonall Z? Batman the animated series? Batman Beyond? Cowboy Bebop? Hell, Adult Swim?

JohnPhoenix 05-24-02 06:31 PM

uh..sarcasam I bet. GI Joe never showed anyone getting shot to begin with.

Originally posted by dfrazier

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!

CN shows some of the most violent cartoons out there. Ever heard of Dragonall Z? Batman the animated series? Batman Beyond? Cowboy Bebop? Hell, Adult Swim?