DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   24 -- "7:00-8:00 AM" Did anyone watch? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/174787-24-7-00-8-00-am-did-anyone-watch.html)

Decker 01-15-02 09:58 PM

24 -- "7:00-8:00 AM" Did anyone watch?

All I can say is wowee! This show is getting better and better. I can't believe that we're only 1/3 done with the season. I have no idea which direction the show is going to next, which is great. I guess Jack was right about this being a long day. :)

I have one question about tonight's episode :
Spoiler:
What was the bogus telephone message that Jamie told Gains that made him stop the killing of Teri and Kimberly?
I missed that line and it's been bugging me ever since!

Venusian 01-15-02 10:19 PM

she said that Secret Service had marked Jack the whole time because he kept breaking protocol and they were looking for him the whole time. so the bad dude figured jack didnt screw him, although he'd be stupid to think this since jack easily go thru security and all. Also, the secret service dude was about to go investigate where jack was but never got there...whats up with that?

Axl Rose 01-15-02 10:21 PM

I don't remember her exact words, but she said something like Jack has just been detained by the secret service by orders of the CTU for breaking protocol earlier in the day, not for being a threat on Palmer.

Deftones 01-15-02 10:27 PM

sweet episode. this show is by far, the best new show this year. I can't wait until next week. I still don't like the idea of knowing that Jamie was the spy so early on in the season. Other than that, I've been liking the progress of the show more and more.

JuryDuty 01-15-02 10:40 PM

This show just gets better every episode. Thank God, in a world of deteriorating good shows, this one keeps its head high!

huzefa 01-15-02 10:56 PM

Dammit! I missed the last half of the show. When is it gonna be reaired?

JuryDuty 01-15-02 11:13 PM

Originally posted by huzefa
Dammit! I missed the last half of the show. When is it gonna be reaired?
Friday night.

immortal_zeus 01-16-02 12:08 AM

Great episode! I was holding my breath when that dude (what the hell is his name again?) went into the bathroom to catch Jamey.

I was :lol: when he handcuffed her to that piece of furniture...she looked like a little girl who had been caught doing something really bad. :lol:

Jack's old highschool friend lady gives me the hot. -other-

http://www.ameritech.net/users/dvdtalk/rome.gif

Gdrlv 01-16-02 12:42 AM

Originally posted by Deftones17
sweet episode. this show is by far, the best new show this year. I can't wait until next week. I still don't like the idea of knowing that Jamie was the spy so early on in the season. Other than that, I've been liking the progress of the show more and more.
I have a feeling that Jamie may not be alone as the spy...I still don't completely trust the guy that broke into the bathroom to interrogate her (I don't remember his name either). This show keeps on getting better and better...

hahn 01-16-02 12:44 AM

Originally posted by Deftones17

Who said anything about there being only ONE spy? :D

AndyCapps 01-16-02 07:19 AM

I had to miss the last half of the show. I went and got a pizza right before it started. The pregnant wife didn't want anything cause nothing sounded good. So I get back, she sees my pizza, and decides she wants one(I had bought a small pepperoni, she's not a meat eater). So I had to go back to Papa to get her a pizza. It's one time I should've had it delivered. But I'll catch the replay. Are they still doing Friday night replays? I thought they were stopping that. But I do have FX, so I should be able to catch it somewhere.

mmconhea 01-16-02 08:32 AM

how did Jack
Spoiler:
get that gun that he pulled out on the Photographer/shooter
if he
Spoiler:
was checked by security and went through the metal detector and they didn't find anything
?

rfduncan 01-16-02 08:35 AM

WARNING! WARNING! POTENTIAL SPOILERS AHEAD!

If you have not seen the 7-8am episode from 1/15, you should probably not have gotten THIS far into this thread! If you have and don't want to know what happens in this episode, don't read any futher. I don't think it is reasonable for everyone to post spoiler tags on every long message... especially when the rebroadcast information for this episode has been posted.

Originally posted by hahn
Who said anything about there being only ONE spy? :D
Exactly! Although I defended Jamie last week, I have to say that one of my point makes the whole endeavor MUCH seedier than it seems. Walsh told Jack that Jamie was the only person he could trust before he handed over the keycard and died... didn't Jack call Jaime to have Walsh's body picked up (HELLLLLOOOOOO!?!?!). Does that also mean that the "real" keycard is a red herring? If so, why are the bad guys so anxious to have it swapped out/destroyed? Could Walsh himself be/have been acting as a double-agent?

If Walsh is somehow involved as one of the bad guys, it would explain why Jamie is so tight-lipped (was she ORDERED or blackmailed like Jack to do what she's done so far?). And poor Jack is still in the dark about Jamie, her potential Walsh connection and the bugging of the entire CTU surveillance system.

It is between 7 and 8 am and Jack's daughter Kim has had all of a 20 minute nap and she looks fresh as a daisy! :lol:

rfduncan 01-16-02 08:40 AM

Originally posted by mmconhea
how did Jack
Spoiler:
if he
Spoiler:
was checked by security and went through the metal detector and they didn't find anything
?

I was wondering that too! :lol:

Dr. Rosenrosen 01-16-02 09:05 AM

Re: WARNING! WARNING! POTENTIAL SPOILERS AHEAD!

Originally posted by rfduncan
Does that also mean that the "real" keycard is a red herring? If so, why are the bad guys so anxious to have it swapped out/destroyed? Could Walsh himself be/have been acting as a double-agent?
This one is vexing me, too. Let's say the whole plan is to kill Palmer, implicate Bauer thereby bringing down CTU's top watchdog, and do some kind of huge funds transfer. Milo found information about plastic surgery on the key card; presumably about the work the fake photographer had done.

Spoiler:
What if the fake photographer is a former CTU agent, one busted by Bauer? So his unmasking further brings down CTU somehow?

One thing to remember is that Jamey was in control of the keycard. I still believe that its contents were meant to be unlocked, but Milo was getting too close too quickly, so they had to swap it out.

das Monkey 01-16-02 09:17 AM

I enjoyed the episode, but I was pissed that they didn't cap the mom in the back of the head. It would have been so perfect. Cap the mom to let Jack know you mean business, and hang on to the daughter, who is actually worth saving, to keep Jack doing your dirty work. Letting them both live was just cheesy, unless there's some reason he needs TWO hostages. Killing the wife works much better for them, since if Jack is like me, he couldn't care less if she died, but it would scare the crap out of him when it came to his daughter.

Oh well ... best episode so far, though the story is either VERY complicated, or it's filled with holes. Guess we'll see.

das

Michael T Hudson 01-16-02 09:18 AM

This show is great, I just hope that it stays good. I wonder if this is a one season deal or if more or in the works.

AndyCapps 01-16-02 09:50 AM

Originally posted by mmconhea
how did Jack
Spoiler:
if he
Spoiler:
?

They just had a metal detector(I thought). They had him open the case, open up the laptop, and turn it on. He's a federal agent, they were satisfied, so they handed him the case after he walked through the detector.

AndyCapps 01-16-02 09:53 AM

Originally posted by BigDaddy
This show is great, I just hope that it stays good. I wonder if this is a one season deal or if more or in the works.
I think it's an excellent concept. Instead of having to write 22(or in this case 24) different storylines where you always have to come up with something new and interesting, you are able to center a whole season around an event.

saoirse 01-16-02 10:03 AM

When is Dennis Hopper going to appear in the show? I am loving the show and Dennis is sure to add to the evil.

Patman 01-16-02 10:03 AM

I think Jack was cleared to have a fire arm when he went through the check point.

This was a good episode. I am looking forward to Palmer's punk-@$$ son to go to jail.

Ganz looked like he was about to blow some blood vessels when Jack hosed up the assassination attempt (which is why this show is called "24" and not "12") :)

Looks like Ganz will try to tag Palmer later in the day as Palmer moves through LA stumping for votes in the primary.

Jack will break out, and in an effort to save his family, he'll have to continue to do most of Ganz's bidding, but Nina will find a way to contact him, and they'll be wrking in tandem to finally finish off the case. I also think Walsh has a lot to do with the setup on Jack.

Jamie did look pathetic, but probably is having her family being used as hostages by Ganz as well. You'd think CTU would have protocol for this sort of situation.

Liver&Onions 01-16-02 10:13 AM

How can he do Ganz's bidding when the earpiece fell out of his ear? THey are going to have to get back intouch with Jack somehow to get another bug on him though...

Patman 01-16-02 10:21 AM

Originally posted by Liver&Onions
How can he do Ganz's bidding when the earpiece fell out of his ear? THey are going to have to get back intouch with Jack somehow to get another bug on him though...
With Ganz's resources, plus, remember, Jack wants to find Ganz as well to get his family back. They will be in contact, I assure you.

(Is the bad guy's name "Ganz" or "Gaines"? I apologize if it's "Gaines")

mmconhea 01-16-02 10:46 AM

Originally posted by Patman
I think Jack was cleared to have a fire arm when he went through the check point.

Yeah, but he went through the metal detector and nothing happened. No one removed the gun beforehand. Also if he's cleard for firearms and such, why did they check his case?

Geofferson 01-16-02 11:13 AM

Great episode. I agree with das on the point of killing his wife. It would have made for much better drama.