Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

the west wing 1/9/02

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-02, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the west wing 1/9/02

well i thought this was a pretty good episode. not quite as good as the last one but good nonetheless. i know that it is hollywood but i am glad that jed bartlet decided to take responsibility for his actions. seems to me that more of our leaders should but that is another thread and forum entirely.

i liked how josh and what's her name got together at the end. it will be interesting to see how that plays out and to see donna's reaction to it. oh yeah, i kinda wish that they could figure out some way to keep joanna gleason's character around if for no other reason then to provide a possible love interest for leo.

one more thing, next week we finally get to see lisa and the whole story of her and sam. should be really really good.
Old 01-09-02, 09:27 PM

I thought it was excellent. I was with Leo the whole time, but Jed's speech at the end was really convincing. Did you find the voice over at the end to be really quiet? Did they go through with the censure? And hey, if Josh keeps up the "Aren't-I-cute-I-don't-know-what-I'm-doing-act" he may finally get some, and with a feminist no less!
Old 01-09-02, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Nice nick name CastleGrayskull.
Old 01-09-02, 10:28 PM

Hey - Eternia - Back at 'cha. Where's Cringer?
Old 01-09-02, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Question that confused me and 2 friends

What was all that cloak and dagger stuff in the law library? Donna learned that her wanna be boyfriend halted a vote in congress. Based on that she gets Josh to talk to the guy. So, what did that guy possibly say to get Josh to go to Leo?

What was Congress going to vote if the guy didn't intervene?

I feel like info was held and never given to us. Will it be given later or was it all jst part of the episode.
Old 01-10-02, 12:06 AM
Banned

I haven't been watching the West Wing recently, what's the background story between Josh and the feminist? This story line sounds interesting.

I caught the last half of tonight's show and i agree with kevin75, I would love to see more of Joanna Gleason, she's a great actress.
Old 01-10-02, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Question that confused me and 2 friends

Originally posted by Kube
What was all that cloak and dagger stuff in the law library? Donna learned that her wanna be boyfriend halted a vote in congress. Based on that she gets Josh to talk to the guy. So, what did that guy possibly say to get Josh to go to Leo?

What was Congress going to vote if the guy didn't intervene?

I feel like info was held and never given to us. Will it be given later or was it all jst part of the episode.
This is basically a continuation from the last new episode in December. Cliff didn't stop a vote in Congress. One of the representatives had a story about how Leo relapsed into alcohol abuse the day of a presidential debate where Bartlett collapse from his MS. This guy was going to reveal it and pretty much destroy Leo's career and life. And at the last second when the guy was speaking at the hearing, the chairman decided to call a two week recess because Cliff convinced him that it was wrong for them to do this.

So, basically, by the president taking censure from Congress, he is saying he did something wrong. This is bad in that it's like their admitting that the president shouldn't have lied to the American people. But, it's good in that they can now focus on the campaign instead of trying to deal with a long Congressional hearing.

Matt
Old 01-10-02, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Variable697
I haven't been watching the West Wing recently, what's the background story between Josh and the feminist? This story line sounds interesting.

I caught the last half of tonight's show and i agree with kevin75, I would love to see more of Joanna Gleason, she's a great actress.
Supposedly, she dated Josh's college roommate and Josh has always had something of a crush on her, but didn't know how to proceed.

Matt
Old 01-10-02, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My goodness, this show is good. I hope next week's episode is as good as they promoted it to be. NBC has a habit of making a rerun of Dateline seem like God descending from Heaven, but it certainly looks to be yet another winner.

das
Old 01-10-02, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Map doesn't have Israel on it.

I'd say get over it.
Old 01-10-02, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Lovin' Amy.
Old 01-10-02, 11:19 AM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally posted by Kal Jedi
Lovin' Amy.
Is that the feminist? Because she's quite hot in a "damn, she's kinda hot" kinda way

--HN
Old 01-10-02, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So, what did Donna's wanna be boyfriend tell Josh offscreen that made him try to convince Leo?
Old 01-10-02, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Kube
So, what did Donna's wanna be boyfriend tell Josh offscreen that made him try to convince Leo?
I think he told Josh the offer they made to Leo, because at that point only the president and Leo knew and the staff knew something was happening, but not what. So when Josh heard the offer, he probably thought it was the best way, as he told Leo, it wouldn't drag through the primaries.

Matt
Old 01-10-02, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Red Dog
Map doesn't have Israel on it.

I'd say get over it.
'There was no Israel back then'. I loved it when he said that and what a good suck-up gift the map was.
Old 01-10-02, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 233 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally posted by HN
Is that the feminist? Because she's quite hot in a "damn, she's kinda hot" kinda way
Mary Louise Parker
Old 01-10-02, 04:09 PM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally posted by dstrauss

Mary Louise Parker
whoa!

--HN