Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Ed - 1/9/02

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-02, 08:27 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
Ed - 1/9/02

Just a reminder that there is a new episode of Ed on tonight.
Old 01-09-02, 04:17 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You just made my night (and it isn't even over yet)!

Carol Vessey good! Principal Jackass BAD!
Old 01-09-02, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
woo hoo!! plus a new episode of the west wing too.
Old 01-09-02, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great episode.

for the heads-up.
Old 01-09-02, 08:30 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The whole episode rubbed the me wrong way... until Dr. Jerome took Mike out for a game of pool. For some reason, I thought it was hilarious that Dr. J was great at pool.

And what Warren said to Jessica Martel (why is she always Jessica Martel and not just Jessica?) at the end was amazing. Didn't see it coming at all. It was such a huge change for his character... like, the whole show, I thought he was such a caricature of a real awkward high schooler is like... too over-the-top to be believable.

Oh, and I also loved Ed & Carol in the bowling alley. I just like how the two characters get along, and I can't wait until [speaking up so the writers can hear] THEY FINALLY START DATING!!!!!!!!! [quieting back down] Ahem. Oh, and Carol gives me the hot so bad. And did Ed slap her on the butt?!

I dunno, though... it wasn't enough for me to say that I liked the episode.

- The $10 bet... glad to see it, but it sucked, IMHO. Get the guy to say tater tot?
- Warren: "Don't hate the player, hate the game!" UGH!
- Mark (Warren's friend, the guy in Spanish Club with Diane). I just don't like the guy.
- The celebrity lawyer guy was too over the top. I hate "over the top" characters... too evil, too crazy, too whatever.

Carol good!

Last edited by Static Cling; 01-09-02 at 10:10 PM.
Old 01-09-02, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Static Cling
Oh, and I also loved Ed & Carol in the bowling alley. I just like how the two characters get along, and I can't wait until [speaking up so the writers can her] THEY FINALLY START DATING!!!!!!!!! [quieting back down] Ahem. Oh, and Carol gives me the hot so bad. And did Ed slap her on the butt?!
static, you and i are thinking the exact same way. that was my favorite part of the episode when ed and carol were just talking in the bowling alley. hopefully by the end of the season they will start dating (ARE YOU LISTENING WRITERS??). man, she was soooooooo hot!!!

i applaud the writers for letting warren do what he did. i wish i had the b@!!s to do what he did. however, that being said, i am wondering how long that the whole thing will last between them.

as a whole the episode started off very slow. the best part was the last 20 minutes or so from the time carol came into the alley on. from then on was a prime reason why this is such a great show. i loved the final scene with ed and mike hanging out with warren on the roof. hopefully they will mellow his character out a bit. towards the beginning of the episode he was really grating on my nerves.

finally, while i thoroughly enjoy the $10 bet, i really wish they would start putting it somewhere other then the beginning. it seems to me like the vast majority of the episodes this year have had the $10 bet before the main titles and that was it. they need to stretch it out during the show.

ok, i'm done.

not quite. i just want to say again that carol is HOT!!!!

---------

i just found this elsewhere and part of it caught my attention....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2002Jan9.html

Sassa also dismissed the theory that audiences want "comfort" shows in the wake of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

"If comfort shows were important, two shows on our air – 'Providence' and 'Ed' – would be killing everybody," he said. Instead, they're doing only moderately well.

i really hope that this doesn't bod ill for our favorite bowling alley lawyer.

Last edited by kevin75; 01-09-02 at 09:34 PM.
Old 01-10-02, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
No Molly this week.

Mike was great trying to get under Dr. Jerome's skin. I hope this isn't the last we see of the old codger.
Old 01-10-02, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

anyone have any ideas why this show doesn't get better ratings? especially in front of a smash hit like the west wing. i don' want to lose this show like nbc canning freaks and geeks and threatening to kill off newsradio ever year even with bill mcneal still there.

carol is friggin' hot. julie bowen is also really cool. reviews of he awful "joe somebody" mostly noted she was the best part of the film. i like seeing people from my favorite shows doing well elsewhere. she wouldn't leave ed.

but did ANYONE EVER have a teacher like her? i sure didn't. not even close. the way the characer played along with warren when he came in wearing a blonde wig. i would have never been allowed to step back in my high school if i did a thing like that. of course, at my school i would have had to stick a pillow in my shirt to look anything like the female teachers there.
Old 01-10-02, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I can't wait for next week, Big Pu$$y is the guest star.