Last Call w/ Carson Daly

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Last Call w/ Carson Daly

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-02, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought the show was incredibly BORING. Carson has absolutely no stage presence and his intro was awful. I actually cringed for the poor thing and wondered what his parents must have been thinking.

I agree there is some potential for the format, having one guest, etc., etc. I was looking for more thought-provoking interview questions, but then again we are talking about Carson Daley. His interview with Alicia Keyes was nothing but a major love-fest and I thought they both made themselves look like typical self-centered entertainers.

The only redeeming feature to the show was that Alicia Keyes really can play the piano beautifully. Other than that, bring back SCTV!!!!

*meow*
Old 01-09-02, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"I've been dying to talk to [White House spokesman] Ari Fleisher," he added. "It would be cool for a younger audience to appreciate him. That guy's like a rock star. He handles a room."

Yeah, those Republicans sure are connected to the youth.

Can't wait until SCTV reruns return.
Old 03-28-09, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 723 Likes on 590 Posts
Re: Last Call w/ Carson Daly

It is a surprise he has lasted this long.

Recently it seems he does not do his show anymore from one studio location and now he goes on the road to Vegas or an Amoeba record store in LA and he quit the comedy stuff.

Did the Conan and Fallon switchover affect how he runs his show now?

It seems now his show is more dedicated towards music.

One show had Chris Cornell for an interview along with 2 songs he performed and some shows just had musical guests.
Old 03-28-09, 10:15 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually like the format of his new show rather than the talk show format he was using.
Old 09-11-13, 02:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Could this be the end? I hope they get a new host or still make a talk show at 1:30am after Fallon and Seth Meyers next year.

I don't think there has been a new episode since May 2013

Is it last call for NBC's Last Call with Carson Daly? According to insiders, NBC is considering several options regarding the fate of the late night series, which has aired since 2002.

Nothing has been determined yet, as Peacock network execs take time to discuss new directions the show might take, and how much of a transition will occur. But staffers have been told not to report to work for now, even though production on a 13th season should have already started.

NBC announced a renewal for Last Call in April, but may have other ideas in mind for host Carson Daly. Beyond Last Call, Daly has a major presence on NBC as the host of the network's hit singing competition The Voice. He also hosts NBC's annual New Year's Eve special and is said to be in line for a much larger presence on NBC's Today.

Last Call could potentially continue with Daly or a new host. Also on the table is a format revamp, or perhaps the show might end its run all together. Last Call has been on the chopping block several times through the years as NBC pursued cost-cutting measures, but each time producers and the network found a way bring it back, and even now there's still a desire in many camps to keep it going.
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/exclusive-n...013100363.html

Old 02-12-19, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Canceled: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/last-call-carson-daly-ending-17-years-nbc-1185796

Seems that Daly didn't want to do it anymore. Does he even do anything on the show? I just see him do the intros. Is he actually the one doing the interviews?
Old 02-13-19, 03:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Most of the time they show repeats and maybe they have 5 weeks of new shows.

Jameela Jamil from the Good Place was doing interviews with several guests like Jodie Whittaker so maybe she could replace him?

I miss the days when Costas hosted this show and sucks I missed all those shows since dvrs were not existed back then since that was quality television.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Later_(talk_show)
Old 02-13-19, 04:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Good, if I had to hear him say "Next up, we go to the FAHN-da" one more time after I accidentally left NBC on after Seth Meyers I was going to blow my brains out!
Old 02-13-19, 06:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 214 Likes on 189 Posts

I stopped watching the late night shows entirely several years ago when they got bitter and political and nasty. The other week someone on the radio mentioned Seth Myers and I had forgotten he was still on the air, -you never hear anything about his show and I have no idea what he does there. Carson Daly has been on for 17 years! There's plenty of shows I don't watch but when I hear something like that it just amazes me that I've never watched him once in all those years.
Old 02-13-19, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts

I didn’t realize it had been on that long either but I guess I remember when Conan used to say to stay tuned to it when he was still doing Late Night which he already hasn’t been doing for like ten years. I actually don’t mind Carson Daly as much as a lot of people, but his show seemed kinda bland the times I left it on.
Old 02-13-19, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Carson is not as bad or annoying as Ryan Seacrest.

He got a bad rep from TRL.

He recently came out that he had anxiety disorder.

Old 02-14-19, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Chelsea Handler could take over that time slot.
Old 02-14-19, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by DWilson
I stopped watching the late night shows entirely several years ago when they got bitter and political and nasty. The other week someone on the radio mentioned Seth Myers and I had forgotten he was still on the air, -you never hear anything about his show and I have no idea what he does there. Carson Daly has been on for 17 years! There's plenty of shows I don't watch but when I hear something like that it just amazes me that I've never watched him once in all those years.
Daly's show always ran late into the night. I think the show hung around due to sheer inertia.

Last edited by PhantomStranger; 02-15-19 at 03:02 PM.
Old 03-15-19, 04:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Lilly Singh a Youtube star will replace him

Lilly Singh, who first amassed fame as a YouTube star, has been tapped to replace Carson Daly as the host of NBC’s 1:35 a.m. talk show.

The retitled “A Little Late with Lilly Singh” will launch in September, and as noted by NBC, will make her the only female to currently host a late-night talk show on one of the Big 4 networks.“A Little Late” will feature Singh conducting in-studio interviews, as well as feature pre-taped comedy sketches and other “signature elements.”“Lilly is truly a star and we’re thrilled to welcome her to our NBC family,” said Doug Vaughan, executive vice president, special programs and late night, NBC Entertainment. “She is a multi-talented performer who will surely have a great rapport with not only all her guests but also with our devoted late-night audience. We can’t wait to get started.”
https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/lil...te-1203164007/

Old 05-22-19, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The series finale is this Saturday at 1:40am with a look back at 200 episodes.