Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Survivor Thread aka "where is Patman"?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-01, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Since Patman must be out of town, I will do the thread.

Any thoughts? Unfortunately, I missed the first 20 minutes. What kind of challenge was it? Did Lex win and then invite Big Tom on the safari?

Thoughts on Big Tom as a party buddy?

I thought we saw a better side of Lex during the safari myself. But the previews of next week hunt at his dark side where he threatens to cut someone's throat. Yeah...it's hyperbole, but the dude is a little intense.

I have mixed feelings about losing Kim. She was part of the old lame alliance, but she was also the only hot eye candy left.

It looks like the women tried to align, but Lex only had two votes. So that means the older Kim didn't go along with the female alliance?
Old 12-28-01, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If this is a tribute to Patman, you need to say "spoilers!" in the thread title. (I'm kidding, Patman ... we love you)

Lex won. It was the questions from home thing. Ask the relative questions and try to match answers.

I miss Kim. She was the only hottie left.

The look on T's face was priceless when she realized that Grandma Kim lied to her. You could see "NEXT" tatooed across her forehead.

Gotta love Tom's video from home with all the goats hopping over the jeep. Tom rules.

das
Old 12-28-01, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

We've got a pooper!

Old 12-28-01, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 615 Likes on 494 Posts
I wouldn't call Little Kim hot eye candy. Once Kelly was gone, the babe factor no longer applied IMO.

Big Tom is hilarious. I sure hope he wins. The whole safari trip was great, especially when he grabs the bottle of Jack to take to dinner.

I couldn't get over the whole look of Lex's family. What a bunch of freaks.
Old 12-28-01, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Red Dog
I wouldn't call Little Kim hot eye candy. Once Kelly was gone, the babe factor no longer applied IMO.
It's relative. No debate that Kelly was much hotter.

But alas, even Theresa is looking good to me.

Sounds like I missed some cool stuff in the videos from home. Oh well.
Old 12-28-01, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Red Dog

I couldn't get over the whole look of Lex's family. What a bunch of freaks.
We were laughing at what a couple of dorks his "beautiful" sons were. I guess that answers my long-standing question about the parents of dorky kids: do they know their kids are dorky? The odd thing is Lex and his wife both look like aging hipsters and their kids seem so geeky.

I could not believe they didn't vote out Lex when they had the chance. He is in the middle of a Colby-like sprint towards the end, winning all the chalenges and he's a sneaky snake.

Why was Kim P deemed a threat? She doesn't win any challenges, etc.

None of the votes on this Survivor have made much sense to me. They voted off Clarence because he was deemed too much of a physical threat but they are keeping Lex and Ethan around?
Old 12-28-01, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Hey RandyC, I was out of town, visiting folks, and since I went to a super buffet last night, I missed watching Survivor in real time, and won't be able to watch the tape until tomorrow night when I return from hell.

But thanks for starting the thread, I'll post my thoughts on the episode when I get to watch it.
Old 12-28-01, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice skirt Brandon!!! Man, what a freak!!
Old 12-28-01, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by MR ROBOTO 9000
Nice skirt Brandon!!! Man, what a freak!!
I had forgotten about that. I always thought it was strange seeing the contestants with make-up on after they get voted out, but that's ridiculous.

das
Old 12-29-01, 01:02 AM
AJW
DVD Talk Special Edition

I miss Colleen

Anyone care to guess what kind of endorsement deals either Lex or Big Tom might get if they win?

Oh yeah N.B.C. is running hard liquor ads now
Old 12-29-01, 02:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

nothing other people others haven't probably already said before, but S2 was inferior to S1 and S:Africa is even worse than the last one.

no one really hit it big from the Australian one and I'd be willing to bet it will be the same or worse for this sorry bunch.

i can understand why people watching like tom, but that's because you don't really have to know him or be around him. the man's son reminded me of the offspring kids in the XF episode "home". things seem to be very much in the family (including pets and animals) and i can't see sponsors or companies going after someone that's like that...even if he wins.

brandon is just plain sickening.

the women weren't great to begin with, but now the cupboard is completely empty. oh, if they could just airlift in colleen for the last few weeks! thank god she made the animal so that when i want to see her, i can just pop in the dvd.

anyway, no more ranting. pretty boring show and, really, no one to root for. theresa seems nice but she's meat now, the remaining kim i don't like, ethan is kind of like colby so not very interesting, lex would have been someone to root for i thought early on but he's just too bizarre and not nice at all (at least rich was mean and funny), tom would be the most fun to see win and he needs the money so that would be good but the show just couldn't be very pleased to have him as a the champ and representing the show ("Fix me another sheep!")

Finally, I wish someone would check out what percentage of all challenges after the merges from Australia and Africa that were won by women. The Colby run skews things, but the challenges are much more suited for men and the few that aren't, well, the luck has seemed to be with the men on those too. I know a lot of people hated Kelly Wigglesworth but she was the most impressive woman they've had. She competed harder than anyone and didn't ever quit. no rock, paper, scissors for her. when the tribe decided to boot her for getting to close to the other people on the island she should have been toast and went on the best run of wins in the show's short history. colby might have won more times, but almost every one of kelly's wins were in situations to save her butt from being sent off. colby was in a strong position anyway with his alliance and after a while his wins didn't help him stay as much as it just made sure he'd be in complete control of who stayed with him.

i'm going to watch the animal now. COLLEEN RULES!!!
Old 12-29-01, 09:27 AM

Did anyone else laugh out loud at the product-placement for VISA?
Old 12-29-01, 10:00 AM
Zee

Will anybody else be extremely pissed if Mama Kim tags along all the way to the F2? I know that the Under the Radar approach worked for Tina, but MKim just doesn't seem to possess the same strategic skills that Tina did. I'm praying that Theresa wins immunity next week, and that L/E/T stay strong through whatever "doubt" they're thrown into (according to the CBS preview). They've gotta realize that Kim's just been along for the ride, and she's not the Keith-type that you can keep around because you know they'll lose in any F2 situation. Eh, maybe just wishful thinking? Side note: although it's completely impossible, an Ethan/Theresa F2 would be pretty cool to watch.
Old 12-30-01, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Kim J is the most undeserving Survivor yet, but also the luckiest.

Brandon is the one to blame for this ho-hum march to the final 4 Morons. If he'd stuck to the original tribemates, they'd be in the driver seat picking off the Morons one by one.

Now, of the remaining 5 left, as far as the jury goes, it's a toss-up between Ethan and Tom. Lex has absolutely no shot with the jury, and Kim J has lied to too many of the women/Samboro to get the votes I think. Teresa's only hope is to win immunity by some fluke, but I don't see it happening 2 challenges in a row for her.