Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Felicity season finale

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-01, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Felicity season finale

Well, this finale, in my opinion, left a lot to be desired. It was soooo sappy. Though I read where studio execs made them change the ending. They were supposed to have a cliffhanger where Felicity got raped, but the execs didn't want another season 2 with a character as a rape victim, thus tonight's show. I'm glad they didn't go that route.

I think they kept some footage from the original ending though--which is why Javier told Felicity she shouldn't leave her doors unlocked at the beginning of the show.

What did you think?
Old 12-22-01, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought it was a decent episode, but nothing special. I am glad they didn't end it with a cliffhanger like they've done in the past. The previews from the week before made it look like they were going to do a whole "Will Ben and Felicity get back together?" ending, so I was shocked to see Ben running to the airport to stop her so early on in the episode.

I did find it strange though that they spent so much time with Javier and his new friend who we've only seen for like 2 minutes total in a previous episode with the video date subplot. Though if what you say is true about cutting a rape story line, the writers may have needed to fill some time.

I would've been upset though if they had done what you said with the rape. This is because I really admired the way they handled Julie's rape storyline - especially how they avoided the TV-movie cliché by having her attacker be a likeable person who she was currently dating and not someone who was already a jerk or a faceless attacker. But having a rape as a cliffhanger to a finale would've seemed to be just added for shock value, much like the 'gunshots at the party' ending of last year's "winter finale".
Old 12-22-01, 08:35 PM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, the scramble factor was evidenced ... My ears also perked at Javier's "keep your door locked" line. Overall, I thought it was a good episode. In fact, that final scene on the street could have very easily signed off the series. As is it me, or did Kerri Russell look especially stunning this week? Then again, I could be blinded by lust.