DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   What happened to THAT'S MY BUSH!? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/165803-what-happened-thats-my-bush.html)

Marvdog 12-11-01 08:18 PM

What happened to THAT'S MY BUSH!?

I wonder if they pulled the show so that people didnt look down on George Bush, but the show was great and actually made me like him more. :)

kevin75 12-11-01 09:10 PM

actually if i recall correctly they cancelled it due to low ratings.

the narrator 12-11-01 09:23 PM

I was wondering that the other day, and I'm sure it got canned due to ratings

I know it wasn't the success they were hoping it would be

das Monkey 12-12-01 01:18 AM

While ratings weren't huge, it was cancelled because production costs were not proportional to the ratings. It was a Glick vs. Bush thing. Glick had lower ratings but was significantly cheaper to produce, so they went with it and dropped Bush.

das

elektra 12-12-01 08:19 AM

I wouldn't be surprised to find out there were preasures from higher up the food chain to cancel it do to the content. I loved the show and thought it was hysterical. I couldn't even be bothered with Glick.

Marvdog 12-12-01 01:42 PM

They should release the few episodes on DVD :)

junkie 12-12-01 05:51 PM

It was cancelled, however they were talking about doing a feature film in the near future.

Breakfast with Girls 12-12-01 11:46 PM

Apparently I'm not the only person that found this show amazingly unfunny!

Marvdog 12-13-01 08:11 PM

Originally posted by Breakfast with Girls
Apparently I'm not the only person that found this show amazingly unfunny!
What? :(

tygloalex 12-13-01 10:14 PM

That's my Bush was hilarious. I loved it when Dick Cheney took over and it became That's my Dick!

elektra 12-14-01 05:44 AM

This show was brilliant and very funny on many levels. I'm sorry they let it go. I feel it was a huge mistake on their part.

Jerry 12-14-01 08:12 AM

I don't miss it that much. What I'm interested is what happened to Welcome to New York?

Breakfast with Girls 12-14-01 10:28 AM

Originally posted by Marvdog
What? :(
Ratings.

das Monkey 12-14-01 10:43 AM

Originally posted by elektra
This show was brilliant and very funny on many levels. I'm sorry they let it go. I feel it was a huge mistake on their part.
Good description. What some people thought was not funny I found to be brilliant. The <I>That's My Dick</I> episode was one of the most unique things I'd ever seen.

das

larryw 12-14-01 01:03 PM

Originally posted by das Monkey

Good description. What some people thought was not funny I found to be brilliant. The <I>That's My Dick</I> episode was one of the most unique things I'd ever seen.

das

At first I didn't watch it because usually shows that try to parody a certain genre (i.e. sitcoms) get old rather quick. It ends up being too much like the genre that's being parodied. But I heard good things about it, caught an episode and I was hooked. While they did parody sitcoms, that wasn't the main focus for the comedy which kept it fresh to me.

(and That's My Dick had me rotfl)