Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Is Buffy tonight a new episode?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-01, 01:45 PM
Arse Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is Buffy tonight a new episode?

Subject sayd it all... last week was a repeat right?

thanks,
Peter
Old 12-11-01, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
www.tvguide.com
www.buffyupn.com
tv.zap2it.com
www.gist.com
tv.yahoo.com

das

No
Old 12-11-01, 02:09 PM
Arse Member

danke
Old 12-11-01, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by dulli
danke
bitte
Old 12-11-01, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

"Hush" is on tonight.

As a new Buffy-phile (thanks to FX) that means tonight is "new to me".
Old 12-11-01, 03:35 PM
Banned

I believe this only the second time HUSH has been played on tv. So, its pretty much new.
Old 12-11-01, 03:49 PM
Arse Member

Hush... cool, that is a great episode...

Peter
Old 12-11-01, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I haven't seen it, so it's new to me!
Old 12-11-01, 03:57 PM

Third time..it was shown in syndication on Space network in Canada last night.

Wes
Old 12-11-01, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Jadzia - you're in a for a real treat. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it.
Old 12-11-01, 09:17 PM

I have to say, this is one of my favorite episodes of Buffy, although I only started watching it near the time this episode originally ran.

The scene where Giles is writing on the overhead, and they are trying to communicate with hand gestures was funny

IMO, this was much better than the singing episode everybody many seem to be excited about this season.
Old 12-11-01, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Snake Plissken
I believe this only the second time HUSH has been played on tv. So, its pretty much new.
I'm sure this is the third time it's played on U.S. television. I'm sure because I screwed up taping it the first time it was on and was very upset at myself. I later did see it when it was rerun on the WB. It became my favorite episode and still is. I taped it tonight (I checked - no screwups) and I'm going to watch it before I go to bed.

Last edited by movielib; 12-11-01 at 10:08 PM.
Old 12-12-01, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by movielib

I'm sure this is the third time it's played on U.S. television. I'm sure because I screwed up taping it the first time it was on and was very upset at myself. I later did see it when it was rerun on the WB. It became my favorite episode and still is. I taped it tonight (I checked - no screwups) and I'm going to watch it before I go to bed.
At least the fourth. I've seen it on TV three times. As far as repeats go, they show this more than anything else (except the seasonal episodes).

das
Old 12-12-01, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Finally, I get to see "Hush". I can't believe this wasn't shown in the FX run because you get so many nuggets in this episode:

Tara is introduced, and the almost immediate bond between Willow and her begins.

Riley finally kisses Buffy because they aren't able to fill in the void with babbling during that town-wide bout with "laryngitis".

Also, Buffy and Riley nocturnal activities are revealed to each other.

Loved it when Spike gave Xander the US equivalent of "the finger" since he could speak either.

When Xander thinks Spike killed Anya and sucking up her blood, it was funny that that Xander starts wailing on Spike, and Anya wakes up, and Xander quits beating Spike to a pulp and hugs Anya, and declares his unspoken feelings of her to her, and so their romance blossoms from that point.

Loved Maggie Walsh's "Steven Hawkins" talking device (she's such a nerd).

The writing boards were a good touch, only Willow would write "Hi Giles!" and not just mouth the words.

And yes, Buffy screams like a girl. Damn near burst my good eardrum...

The whole miming bit from the Scoobs was very well done. (Ever notice that no one ever uses tooth paste when they are shown brushing their teeth?)

The hovering Gentlemen were very creepy, and out and out malicious as hell!

All in all, a really interesting episode. So this is the episode that won Buffy an Emmy? Whoa! It was well deserved.
Old 12-12-01, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Patman
All in all, a really interesting episode. So this is the episode that won Buffy an Emmy? Whoa! It was well deserved.
I'm not aware of 'Hush' winning any Emmys. I know Joss was nominated for writing but lost to 'The West Wing', and if I'm not mistaken it also lost Cinematography to 'The West Wing' that year.

I don't think they've won any writing/performance Emmys of any kind yet. I know Beck won once for score and the make-up team snagged one, but I think that's it.

das
Old 12-12-01, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Oops! Just checked the Emmy site and I stand corrected.
Old 12-12-01, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

das - which just proves our point about the Emmy's eh?
Old 12-12-01, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by elektra
das - which just proves our point about the Emmy's eh?
While the Emmys are a load of crappola, 'The West Wing' was justified in those awards. Tough competition for the Buff. Those winning the awards are usually strong candidates, but their lack of Buffy nominations is simply appalling. To continually ignore some of the best writing and acting on television is just pathetic. It shouldn't take a gimic like 'Hush' to get Emmy to remove his head from his a$$.

das
Old 12-12-01, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I would say both Hush and The Body.
Old 12-12-01, 11:23 AM
Arse Member

tangent question...

Xander's mystical STD is mentioned in two episodes (Dracula and the musical), but I don't remember what they are talking about... was this shown in an episode? what happened?

thanks,
Peter
Old 12-12-01, 11:25 AM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Only the second time I'm seeing this (too bad this time wasn't entirely in chronological order either) and I was really impressed with how much they put into a 'gimmick' episode. Just like the musical, they advanced the story on all fronts and there was a definite story-theme from the opening line to the closing silence.

And, they kept the humor 'tone' of the show - esp. in the scene where Giles explains things. "What are they after? - Breasts?"

To me, this is the second best episode of Season 4 (after the second half of the Faith story).
Old 12-12-01, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by dulli
tangent question...

Xander's mystical STD is mentioned in two episodes (Dracula and the musical), but I don't remember what they are talking about... was this shown in an episode? what happened?

thanks,
Peter
They mention it all the time. It comes from 'Pangs' where Xander gets infected from some Chumash Indian. There are lots of syphilis jokes.

das
Old 12-12-01, 12:30 PM

Okay, I'm a Buffy novice, so I haven't been following these threads for very long. Also, I wasn't able to tune in to this episode until very near the end.

Buuuuut, is it just me, or did the ending seem like an hommage to the movie Dark City?
I dunno, maybe that's stretching a bit, but those hovering guys looked more than a bit like the Strangers of Dark City, and the showdown occured in that room with the giant clock face.

Or am I just crazy?
Old 12-13-01, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Great episode! I've never seen that one before, and I'm glad I finally did. The Gentleman and their wiggy friends have got to have been the creepiest bad guys I've seen on Buffy.

Giles said the Gentlemen were from a fairy tale, is that true? Anyone know which one?
Old 12-13-01, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Geoff H
Okay, I'm a Buffy novice, so I haven't been following these threads for very long. Also, I wasn't able to tune in to this episode until very near the end.

Buuuuut, is it just me, or did the ending seem like an hommage to the movie Dark City?
I dunno, maybe that's stretching a bit, but those hovering guys looked more than a bit like the Strangers of Dark City, and the showdown occured in that room with the giant clock face.

Or am I just crazy?
You're not imagining the allusions, but both Dark City and Hush paid homage to an even older source: silent German expressionist cinema. I'm not sure exactly which films, but any serious cineaste should be able to tell you.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.