TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Angel 12/10/01 - Spoilers!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-01, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Angel 12/10/01 - Spoilers!

Angel 12/10/01

OMG! This has to be one of the funniest Angel episodes ever.

The cootchie-coo baby faces that Angel makes trying to get his son to stop crying are just hysterical when you put the whole thing into context.

BTW, Angel uses space-age plastic diapers for the child.
Old 12-10-01, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That "Evil Watcher/Slayer" vibe between Holtz and the girl seems interesting. It could be a promising device if they use it correctly.

And God, Angel abandoning his friends again? That seems like an essentially boneheaded move on his part. And I'm sure Fred will take it pretty hard - this is the first time she's seen Angel adandon her like this.

EDIT: I just had a theory: what if all this is a ruse? Angel figured out that Wolfram and Hart had bugged the place, and is taking a decoy child to lure everyone away, to keep him safe?

EDIT: And it seems I was right. I guess after last episode's shenanigans, I was just bracing for another surprise ending. All in all, a decent episode, though I suppose one couldn't be faulted if I expected a grander battle Once again, Holtz is a big question mark. I still don't know what he's planning to do...

About the name, it might be a portent of some significance. It means "Strong willed or wise. 'Hound-lover.' "...

Last edited by RolloTomasi; 12-10-01 at 09:00 PM.
Old 12-10-01, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Good guess Rollo!

And the baby's name is

Spoiler:
Connor!
. I wonder where that name comes from, perhaps Angel's dad?

I loved the way Angel turned the old guy at Wolfram & Hart into the baby's godfather. Hahahahaha!

Cordy had the line of the night: "If we get through this, sell your DVD players, and get a life!"
Old 12-11-01, 12:32 AM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Patman
Good guess Rollo!

Cordy had the line of the night: "If we get through this, sell your DVD players, and get a life!"

This along with the 'Dr.Who on DVD' reference on Buffy has convinced me that the writers of the show are DVD geeks.

Notre dame - Fighting Irish!

Overall a pretty good episode, setting the stage for not just the season but the rest of the series looks like.
Old 12-11-01, 03:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Actually I HATE babytalk and babyfaces with a passion, so I was cringing for most of the episode, but I still enjoyed it. I'm also really glad that was just a ploy at the end, or I would have punched a hole in the tv about Angel's stupidity. So Angel brought the baby and a bomb with him? I guess so or else he was talking to a doll.
Old 12-11-01, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Damn, I missed it. I was going on the assumption that they were going to be on break through December just like BVS.
Old 12-11-01, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
spainlinx0 - agreed. I HATED the baby stuff. Everything else was cool. Totally had me fooled when Angel took off. I don't think he took the baby with him, though. I think he left him hidden in the hotel and took Teddy/Bomb instead. I was so pissed when Angel took off and left his friends. Glad it all worked out. And I hope to God they don't do any more "Angel talks babytalk" or "Angel changes a diaper" stuff in the upcoming eps. Cause I don't think I can take much more.

Oh, and Geraldo Angel the pet psychologist?! ROTFLMAO!!!

X

Last edited by Xander; 12-11-01 at 09:39 AM.
Old 12-11-01, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by spainlinx0
Actually I HATE babytalk and babyfaces with a passion, so I was cringing for most of the episode, but I still enjoyed it.

I SO dreaded this episode. The temptation for them to have Angel to go into dork overdrive with the oochie woochie coochie coo must have been awesome. I was pleasantly surprised. Maybe they have finally realized that Angel was never meant to be a dork.

Holtz and Justine – I’m looking forward to more of them.

So Angel brought the baby and a bomb with him? I guess so or else he was talking to a doll.

I got the impression he didn’t take the baby with him. I can’t see him leaving Connor in the car while he goes into the mine. And Angel wasn’t around when they went to the hospital. His soliloquy in the car with the bomb could be just him thinking out loud. It’s a reasonable literary device that throws us off track for a while. The kind of writing I’d like to see return to Buffy…

Am I the only one who ran the tape back to check out the note pass?
Old 12-11-01, 10:37 AM
MrN

What was that prophecy about the baby again? I'm trying to figure what they're trying to say when Connor stops crying when Angel puts on his vamp-face.
Is it just that Connor senses that his father is vampire-Angel and not human-Angel?
Old 12-11-01, 11:16 AM

I don't know what they were trying to say by having the baby stop crying when Angle put on his vamp face, but was I the only one that was creeped out when he did that? *shiver*

Holtz and the woman could be interesting; we'll see. Anyone think she might be a potental slayer that never got called? That might be an interesting twist...
Old 12-11-01, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm saved! I'm saved!!!

The first name of Holtz is Daniel. And, they managed to mangle Holtz's name, (Hose, Hope), like they do all the time on my job.

I guess I'm a mere mortal after all.
Old 12-11-01, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I too, cringed at all the goo-goo-ga-ga baby junk, until Angel vamped- that was a great move on the writers part, made me forgive the rest.

I just figure the baby has no permanence, so I am starting to finally be curious to see how things will develop and what will become of this plotline. Hopefully it will be good and dark, which is when Angel really works best, either being goofy or dark, its when they aim for both (like the first season) that they struggle.

Heres something that irks me, though. I like the idea of Holtz forming his own crew, gives his character something to do, kill time before his big plan-showdown. But, I’m really getting tired of humans being such bad a**es. What happened to the Buffy days of normals getting the stuffing pounded out of them? He goes out to recruit and gets another normal old person, who just so happens to be an a** kicker. Geez, a vamp as experienced as Angel should be too great a match for even the greatest human fighter. It just kinda’ bugs me. Why would you need a Slayer and such, if guys like Hotlz can (with one blow) kill a demon with the strength of what, 5-10 men? Why not just train people if they can be such great fighters? You see the inconsitency?

Last edited by Slumbering Fist; 12-11-01 at 12:25 PM.
Old 12-11-01, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, as you saw, Holtz is totally against using mercenaries who could be swayed in the heat of battle to do the bidding of the highest bidder. He's after people who are also on a crusade and will die for the cause (so he gathers around him people who have been affected by vampires, and would die killing any and all of them).

Last edited by Patman; 12-11-01 at 01:04 PM.
Old 12-11-01, 09:02 PM
Banned

Originally posted by MrN

This along with the 'Dr.Who on DVD' reference on Buffy has convinced me that the writers of the show are DVD geeks.

Notre dame - Fighting Irish!

Overall a pretty good episode, setting the stage for not just the season but the rest of the series looks like.
What 'Dr.Who on DVD' reference on Buffy? I missed that episode but I'm a big fan of "Doctor Who" ! What did they say in that episode?
Old 12-11-01, 09:43 PM

Originally posted by Aaron Amos

What 'Dr.Who on DVD' reference on Buffy? I missed that episode but I'm a big fan of "Doctor Who" ! What did they say in that episode?
Two of the three geeks are hanging with Spike. The conversation is as follows:

Andrew: You're English, right?
Spike: Yeah.
Andrew: I've seen every episode of Dr. Who. Not Red Dwarf, though, 'cause, um...
Jonathan: 'Cause it's not out yet on DVD.
Old 12-11-01, 11:07 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Jlbkwrm

Two of the three geeks are hanging with Spike. The conversation is as follows:

Andrew: You're English, right?
Spike: Yeah.
Andrew: I've seen every episode of Dr. Who. Not Red Dwarf, though, 'cause, um...
Jonathan: 'Cause it's not out yet on DVD.
That's funny! I wish I saw when it was on. But the sad truth is that they're right.Only 3 offical BBC DVD's come out in the USA, while England has had more than us
Old 12-11-01, 11:11 PM
Banned

Good guess Rollo!

And the baby's name is

Spoiler:
Connor!
. I wonder where that name comes from, perhaps Angel's dad?

I loved the way Angel turned the old guy at Wolfram & Hart into the baby's godfather. Hahahahaha!

I loved Cory's line about DVD's and DVD players! I wonder if she(the actress) actually has a DVD player & DVD's. Maybe she somehow threw it in when they made the episode? I was doing this when when she said it!
Old 12-11-01, 11:14 PM
Banned

Originally posted by RolloTomasi
That "Evil Watcher/Slayer" vibe between Holtz and the girl seems interesting. It could be a promising device if they use it correctly.

And God, Angel abandoning his friends again? That seems like an essentially boneheaded move on his part. And I'm sure Fred will take it pretty hard - this is the first time she's seen Angel adandon her like this.

EDIT: I just had a theory: what if all this is a ruse? Angel figured out that Wolfram and Hart had bugged the place, and is taking a decoy child to lure everyone away, to keep him safe?

EDIT: And it seems I was right. I guess after last episode's shenanigans, I was just bracing for another surprise ending. All in all, a decent episode, though I suppose one couldn't be faulted if I expected a grander battle Once again, Holtz is a big question mark. I still don't know what he's planning to do...

About the name, it might be a portent of some significance. It means "Strong willed or wise. 'Hound-lover.' "...
How/When did Wolfram and Hart come back? I thought Darla(or some female vampire did them in?). Anybody care to fill me as how/when they came back? Also is the person in Wolfram and Hart 's records dept a robot?
Old 12-12-01, 12:48 AM
MrN

Originally posted by Aaron Amos

How/When did Wolfram and Hart come back? I thought Darla(or some female vampire did them in?). Anybody care to fill me as how/when they came back? Also is the person in Wolfram and Hart 's records dept a robot?

Darla killed a bunch of them, but I guess the 'head office' sent more people. Yeah, I'd say that was at least a cyborg in the records dept.
Old 12-12-01, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

What's the name of old man (at Wolfram&Hart) who became Connor's godfather by default? I only hear him addressed as "sir" by Lilah and Gavin.
Old 12-12-01, 12:20 PM

Originally posted by Tscott
I don't know what they were trying to say by having the baby stop crying when Angle put on his vamp face, but was I the only one that was creeped out when he did that? *shiver*
Made sense to me. The baby was conceived and carried by vampires, so why shouldn't it calm down when it senses a vamp (esp. his daddy-vamp)? Plus using his vamp face might have relaxed the anxious Angel (put him in cool-killer mode) and the baby sensed his calmness.

But, sure, it was creepy.
Old 12-12-01, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

From the opposite point of view, I was playing with a baby at a friend's house and it grabbed my glasses and took them off. Kid took one look at my "new" face and started crying his a** off.

I've hated the little b*stards ever since.
Old 12-12-01, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
What's the name of old man (at Wolfram&Hart) who became Connor's godfather by default? I only hear him addressed as "sir" by Lilah and Gavin.
In the IMBD, his character's name shows as Linwood...

I was really glad when he showed up as W&R's new authority figure... I like John Rubinstein a lot... He's also a famous composer, and his father is Artur Rubinstein...

But old? I still think of him as the twenty-something love interest to Meredith Baxter in Family...

Last edited by adamblast; 12-12-01 at 03:13 PM.
Old 12-12-01, 10:29 PM
Banned

If what Angel took in the car was a decoy then why the hell did he bother to talk even look at the stuffed animal while driving at like 100 miles per hour. Unless he thought the car was rigged too.

Wouldve been cool if Angel drove all the way to Sunnydale.
Old 12-13-01, 02:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've only been watching the show for the last six episodes or so but I think the baby is probably a vampire too. That would explain why he stopped crying when Angel put on his vampire face. Would also explain why the baby was crying, as if hungry, but would not take any of the formula (or whatever) from the bottle. Right?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.