Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Gilmore Girls -- Series Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-06, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not a very good episode, IMO. Not sure when it airs elsewhere, so I'll spoiler.

Spoiler:

So it looks like Lorelai and Christopher shagged. Ausiello on TVGuide said that just because they end up in bed doesn't mean they had sex, but it sure looked like it. Lorelai looked topless at the least under the blankets, and when Christopher got back in bed when he and put his arm around her, there was no doubt in my mind that they had sex.
Old 05-09-06, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spoiler:
Plus the little girl's comment about when I'm sick I also don't wear a nightgown pretty much implies she wasn't wearing anything.
Old 05-09-06, 08:15 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Yeah, I don't know what Ausiello was talking about. I thought it was pretty obvious they had sex.

Hopefully the new guy taking it over can salvage this mess the Palladinos are leaving behind
Old 05-09-06, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by MrX
It's not the series finale
It may just be for some of us. That, like the last half of the season, sucked so bad I just don't know if I want to watch this show anymore. You got to appreciate ASP just letting the show go totally Titanic on their way out.

Oh well. At least it was aptly named.
Old 05-09-06, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally Posted by MrX

Hopefully the new guy taking it over can salvage this mess the Palladinos are leaving behind

One can only hope.

Not a bad deal for Rory - he paid for a year's rent for that fat pad.
Old 05-09-06, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, I will have to admit... I don't know if I want to see Luke and Lorelei together.

The two had more chemistry in the bathroom scene alone than Luke/Lorelei have almost all season...
Old 05-09-06, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I hate Christopher. Hopefully the new guy ditches that storyline fast.
Old 05-09-06, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
It feels like the Palladinos flipping fans of GG the big fat bird since they aren't coming back to the show next season (because the network wasn't willing to commit to the 2 seasons that the Palladinos wanted to return to running the show). Ugh.
Old 05-09-06, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I liked the episode, especially the way it was bookended with Lorelei pretending to be asleep, but wide awake while adults talk to a child in the background.

I am glad she finally laid it all out to Luke to either shit or get off the pot.

And I agree, she has much better chemistry with Christopher lately than Luke. Luke and Lorelei seemed so perfect for each other before they got together but once they did there was absolutely no romance there.
Old 05-09-06, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Patman
It feels like the Palladinos flipping fans of GG the big fat bird since they aren't coming back to the show next season (because the network wasn't willing to commit to the 2 seasons that the Palladinos wanted to return to running the show). Ugh.
If that was their goal...mission accomplished.

They've almost ruined the show completely and some really deft work will be required by the new guy to get, what will likely be the last season, back on track.

If it takes them too long, I actually might not be around to watch.
Old 05-09-06, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I predict Lorelai and Lynnie go for a lesbian liaison next season.
Old 05-09-06, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Also, it seems like the Palladinos didn't feel like writing some scenes, so they just brought in the troubadours, and let the cameras roll. Damn, this episode gave me a bad taste in my mouth.
Old 05-09-06, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Was that the daughter of Thurston Moore and Kim Gordon playing with them?
Old 05-09-06, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It was Coco!

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/12679452/

Indeed, Moore and Gordon were watching the show with their then-11-year-old daughter, Coco, when, Moore says, “one of the characters name-checked me and Kim and we almost fell off the couch.”

The two, with Coco, play “What a Waste,” a song from Sonic Youth’s upcoming album “Rather Ripped” (due June 13 from Geffen Records).
Old 05-09-06, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Patman
That is exactly what it feels like. After all this time, they leave by flipping me the bird. Boy, that sure makes me feel good about supporting the show for all these years.

Last edited by onebyone; 05-09-06 at 11:42 PM.
Old 05-10-06, 12:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am so done with this show. I came to the realization throughout this season that Lorelai is one spoiled, self-absorbed one woman freak show. I mean, when her and Rory were having their spat, she made Luke wait. And now, Luke has a daughter and all of a sudden she want's him to just chose them (her) and work his daughter into it? I mean, come on!! Blood is blood, which is what she proved by postponing because of her fight with Rory. The other complaint is that this could have all been settled with a talk between Lorelai and Luke. But no, instead it meanders the entire season. Wow. What a let down. Not to mention that my respect for Mitchum went up 100% after he berated Rory about his decision to send Logan to London. Can she be even more self absorbed than her mother? How this show has fallen. Where was Micheal? He's basically been cut from the show.
Old 05-10-06, 01:02 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Forgot to mention how cool it was to see Chloe(Mary Lynn Rajskub) in Stars Hollow. Jack Bauer should have shown up and shot Luke.
Old 05-10-06, 02:46 AM

I really didn't get this episode. I mean I understood what was going on and such, but it just didn't feel as powerful as I guess it should have. And I knew that was going to be the cliffhanger for weeks now (a gut feeling)...

But I must say I am actually kinda excited to see how the christopher thing plays out (actually really excited), because its something I had always wished they explored in the show.

Now with the Palladino's leaving, I don't really know what to make of everything. I mean there vision just completely went out the window, and I don't know if I'll actually continue with this show eventhough i've watched it since the first episode. It just doesn't seem right, its like having somebody write a novel and right when they get to the climax they switch writers... I honestly don't know what to think... All I know is that while many of you don't really like the Palldino's (based mostly on this year, which isn't really that fair, cause i remember similar complants durring the first half of season 4), I think that they are two of teh best writters working in television today and their adscence will definately be felt on the show.
Old 05-10-06, 02:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by pelenor
Not to mention that my respect for Mitchum went up 100% after he berated Rory about his decision to send Logan to London. Can she be even more self absorbed than her mother?
I loved seeing him put her in her place like that. I was thinking she was loony the way she accused him of making plans for Logan solely to "get" her. I am sure he could care less about his son's latest conquest.

And if she was so eager to see Logan off on his last day, why did she throw the big bash? I would have thought she would have liked to spend their last night together alone, not hosting all of his bozo friends.
Old 05-10-06, 06:52 AM

Who is the actress that played the Therapist/Chris' Date?

She looked so familiar...don't remember what else I saw her in.
Old 05-10-06, 07:07 AM

She's Michael's boss on The Office.
Old 05-10-06, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Meatpants
She's Michael's boss on The Office.
Thank you so much!

The hair threw me off.......
Old 05-10-06, 07:53 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
That ending really pissed me off.

First off, I really do not want her to end up with Christopher. the guy knows she is engaged, he knows she has had a bad night and he takes advantage of her, really pissed at that.

Now I am pissed at lorelai as well, its tought to like here after she cheated on Luke. But will he forgive her like Rory did with Logan? She only forgave him after a near fatal crash, will Luke need the same incentive?

The only way I can see this coming full circle is if the writers keep her and Christopher together for the season, get them engaged and on the altar and have Luke come in at the last moment and break up that wedding (ala Ed w/ Carol Vescey).

I think the troubador thing was a chance for Sam Phillips to come in and do her thing as her music stylings voice and sound has been the music backdrop for this show since its inception, I thought that was a nice touch.

We know this show will wrap after next season, I hope they can pull it off and finish it on a high note.
Old 05-10-06, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Chloe was there!

So was Michael's boss!

Those were the highlights for me.
I forgot to pad my dvr. Last thing I was was Chris about to get back into bed. Anything else happen?
Old 05-10-06, 08:32 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by boogieman03
Chloe was there!

So was Michael's boss!

Those were the highlights for me.
I forgot to pad my dvr. Last thing I was was Chris about to get back into bed. Anything else happen?
They just zoomed in on Lorelais face and she had that "oh crap, what have I done" look.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.