Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Gilmore Girls -- Series Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-06, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I liked this episode especially the start with the dream sequence. Altho, it was really weird to see Jess in a sports coat.
Old 04-14-06, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 119 Likes on 71 Posts
Best Opening Scene this season.
I haven't seen the real Paul Anka in years.
Lorelai should keep him instead of that dopey dog.

Good scenes with Luke and April.
I like April. Hope she is around next season.
Old 04-15-06, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by kenbuzz
Tom Lehrer Rules!

Doing the same problem in Base 8 is even more fun and confusing. That's the next verse.
Well, Base 8 is the same as Base 10......if you're missing two fingers.
Old 04-16-06, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Next episode includes the return of
Spoiler:
..... Christopher ......
Old 04-16-06, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I used to look forward to watching new episodes of GG, but nowadays, they have become a chore to watch, but I'm sticking it out for this season, and hope they can rebound next season.
Old 04-16-06, 05:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If anyone is still reading this thread, Alexis is scheduled to appear on Letterman next Wednesday.

She's only been on once before, for her Pants movie, and while the interview was fairly long, there was NO mention of GG.

My understanding is that this appearance is a GG promotion appearance, so it will be nice to hear Dave and Alexis chat about the show a little bit. Maybe Dave will ask her, "what the hell ASP is doing and if they could please get rid of Logan before next season."

I'll put a brief reminder in Tuesday's thread.

It would have been really funny if Paul Anka (the real one) was the musical guest that night, but he's not.
Old 04-18-06, 10:41 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Gilmore Girls - "I Get a Sidekick Out of You" - 4/18

"I Get a Sidekick Out of You"
Spoiler:
On the eve of Lane and Zach's wedding, party plans for both sides of the wedding party go awry.
Old 04-18-06, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i freakin hate baseball! for the past 2 nights, no wb programing in my area, o's baseball instead.
Old 04-18-06, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Alexis is scheduled to be on Letterman tomorrow night.
Old 04-18-06, 08:03 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
I thought it was good up until the trainwreck that was Lorelai's speech stopped it in its tracks. I think I enjoyed it because this was the first episode in a while with no Luke or Logan.

"Frakin Celine Dion" Nice BSG reference by Lorelai
Old 04-18-06, 08:09 PM

Location: Sacremende (by way of the worst place on Earth: cincinnati, ky)
Fun episode overall. My dreams of a "tragic" end to Logan can last one more week. Even though it's not going to happen, I did get a momentary bit of hope when Rory got the call. Lorelai's speech at the end was bad, but at least they didn't have her do something stupid with Christopher like I was half expecting. Loved the Lane/Zack White Stripes pic.

Last edited by wetsprockets; 04-18-06 at 08:11 PM.
Old 04-18-06, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I didn't understand the "characters serving the plot" criticisms until I saw Lorelai's speech tonight. Truly, utterly, appalling.
Old 04-18-06, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

1. You CAN dance to Joy Division. Well, okay, maybe you can't but I can. Especially after eight shots of tequila.

2. Paris wasn't invited?
Old 04-18-06, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I really enjoyed this episode. Lots of great stuff happening.

It was really cool seeing Mrs. Kim's mother arrive and the effect it had on Mrs. Kim. Reminded me of seeing Emily when the first Lorelei Gilmore showed up. When they were speaking Korean with no subtitles, it felt like I was watching Lost.

I thought the White Stripes album cover take-off picture of Lane and her husband was funny. I was surprised they got maried so soon, but I guess that's what happens you when you wait to have sex until you get married-- you get married right away!

I liked seeing Lorelei break down in her toast. I could tell everything came to a head: her angst at Luke post-poning the wedding and keeping her out of his life with April. Seeing the pic of Rory with April just made her feel worse, along with the wedding to remind of what she woould not have.

Given the lack of chemistry Lorelei and Luke have together, I think I would like to see her end up with Christopher at the end of the series.
Old 04-18-06, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Jadzia
Given the lack of chemistry Lorelei and Luke have together, I think I would like to see her end up with Christopher at the end of the series.
I would rather see her with Logan than Christopher. I would rather her end up with Ace Young from American Idol than Christopher. Christopher is my most hated TV character EVER. Speaking of people she lets walk all over her without ever calling him on it. Ugh. Is it too late to get Max back?

Originally Posted by TracerBullet
I didn't understand the "characters serving the plot" criticisms until I saw Lorelai's speech tonight. Truly, utterly, appalling.
It really, really was.

I used to love this show more than anything, but the last half of this season is doing a lot to end all that.

Last edited by onebyone; 04-18-06 at 11:25 PM.
Old 04-19-06, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Where the heck is MR. Kim!?

It's hard to judge this one because it felt like such a chick episode - maybe the most ever: Michel's silly dancing, giant penis cookies, the public breakdown, Christopher being a dopey simp all episode, etc. I don't normally draw a line, but so many things in the episode were clearly created by a woman. & the American Gigolo references sort of made it a trying to be hip, but embarrassingly showing her age chick episode. Taking your kid to a Bangles concert is one thing, but taking the youngsters to the theater (that has 2 showings!) of AG is something else.

& how could they put the double commercial break at the 2nd break? The double commercial break should be in the middle of the episode with station identification as God intended! It made a somewhat disjointed episode seem even stranger to me. Shouldn't there have been a break between the band playing & Kirk giving his announcement?

The highlight was the White Stripes. Mrs. Kim's mom was sort of funny, but I don't know if I buy it. Brian & the Korean girl dancing & making out was somewhat amusing, if not a little icky as well. (I'm not clear on their ages.) Zach is ok I guess, but even after all this time, he still feels like a replacement for the guy who left for his own show. Bonus points for no Logan.
Old 04-19-06, 12:30 AM

I believe Mr. Kim is dead.

Not a big fan of the drunken speech - again, it seemed an uncharacteristic thing. But then I realize people do crazy stuff from sadness all the time.

I liked Brian and the Korean girl making out and the double weddings. I didn't think the wedding dress was so great, but anything is an improvement from what was before.

I too hope for Logan to...go away. I would feel too guilty to say "die."
Old 04-19-06, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by guoxiong
I thought we saw his arm hanging out of a car in a long shot once, but I'm not sure.
Old 04-19-06, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by onebyone
I would rather see her with Logan than Christopher. I would rather her end up with Ace Young from American Idol than Christopher. Christopher is my most hated TV character EVER. Speaking of people she lets walk all over her without ever calling him on it. Ugh. Is it too late to get Max back?
Yeah, I never liked him before, either, but he seems to have finally grown up lately. I have liked him in his recent interactions with Rory and Lorelei.

I think the whole thing with his wife leaving him with the baby really forced him to finally mature, and I think really appreciate what Lorelei went through raising Rory on her own.
Old 04-19-06, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Lokimok
Where the heck is MR. Kim!?
He must have left from the lack of sex. That was funny when Mrs Kim said "I was lucky, I only had to do it one time."

I noticed that Rory pronounced Mrs. Kim's religion Seventh Day "Ad-VENTIST". I have always heard it as "AD-VEN-tist". Which is correct?
Old 04-19-06, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Mr. Kim was mentioned as being alive in the early seasons. If he's dead now, then they changed midstream.
Old 04-19-06, 03:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think Mr. Kim might be under one of Lane's floorboards.

He was mentioned, but he never appeared and I guess ASP just dropped him. The show was so good back then, she could get away with that.

Now, not so much.

I don't like Alexis/Rory's hair. It really hides her face.

Not a bad episode, but this show has NEVER had something tragic happen; it's a feel good show. No one has been murdered or died in some terrible accident, right? I can't remember anything like that happening. With Lorelai melting down, I can't see how they'd give us a Rory devestated by the death of the man she just said she loves.

So, all the that strongly suggests that Logan lives and, if you go along with that and what the history of this show has been, that would give me every indication that Rory would only be brought closer to Logan because of his brush with death. Therefore, much to my disappointment, I would have to believe he and Rory will be together right up until the end of this show unless ASP leaves and someone decides to completely change courses. I also don't think that's likely.

If next season is the last, I doubt ASP or someone new will marry off Rory, but it may be our cruel fate that Logan will be the guy we are left to believe will be her likely future husband.

If his first word to her when he awakes from the accident is starts with ACE, I'll shoot myself in the face.

Avril Lavigne does rock.
Old 04-19-06, 04:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Logan will live. If he was clinging to death, they would've played it up much more at the episode's closing.

If they end up bringing Jess back on a more regular basis (which wouldn't surprise me at all), I'm going to guess he'll end up with Rory.

Avril Lavigne does not rock.
Old 04-19-06, 05:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,100 Likes on 796 Posts
Originally Posted by wergo
2. Paris wasn't invited?
Why would Paris be invited to Lane's wedding?
Old 04-19-06, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I too hope for Logan to...go away. I would feel too guilty to say "die."
I wouldn't. Die, Logan, Die. (That's German for "The, Logan, The")

Originally Posted by Count Dooku
Why would Paris be invited to Lane's wedding?
For my amusement. More snark were required. I can totally see Paris bullying an invitation.

I thought the other Korean girl was hot. Nice face, shame about the Avril Lavigne t-shirt.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.