Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Gilmore Girls -- Series Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-06, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,494 Posts
That would bring us up to Rory's graduation, i think, so perfect timing. I had thought, however, that the rumors were that Luke wanted to leave the show.
Old 02-14-06, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,650 Likes on 1,031 Posts
Originally Posted by fujishig
That would bring us up to Rory's graduation, i think, so perfect timing. I had thought, however, that the rumors were that Luke wanted to leave the show.
I've heard Scott Patterson and Lauren Graham can barely tolerate each other for a number of years now. Not sure how much truth there is to it (both seem like nice people outside of the show and they have good chemistry) but there it is.
Old 02-14-06, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,494 Posts
Originally Posted by Draven
I've heard Scott Patterson and Lauren Graham can barely tolerate each other for a number of years now. Not sure how much truth there is to it (both seem like nice people outside of the show and they have good chemistry) but there it is.
I heard that too, in another thread on this forum. Anyone have a source article for this?
Old 02-14-06, 04:22 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts
Gilmore Girls - "A Vineyard Valentine" - 2/14

"A Vineyard Valentine"
Spoiler:
Rory and Logan invite Luke and Lorelai to spend a weekend with them at Logan's family house on Martha's Vineyard.
Old 02-14-06, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kristin from E! and Michael Ausiello from TVGuide both have commented on it in the past I believe (Kristin has mentioned it multiple times).
Old 02-14-06, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think I have ever heard that they hate each other -- what I have heard is that Patterson wants to know his motivation and all that other actor crap, dragging out the scenes. This apparently drives Graham crazy.
Old 02-14-06, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This was a weird episode. Something felt off about it, but not sure what it was.

We finally see Logan's alluded to path that he's been put on by his father since he was a child, and his forays with Rory is his lifeline to another life. I still can't summon up too much sympathy for the guy, though. Poor little rich boy.

Lorelai really isn't handling Luke's interaction with April all that well, she is passively shrinking away from the whole situation, but then gets the bad news about her not quite cancelling all the wedding plans (i.e. newspaper announcement), and faces more anxiety on whether to try and inform everyone that the wedding's off, or trying to convince Luke to go through with it, or just elope after all.

Last edited by Patman; 02-14-06 at 11:12 PM.
Old 02-14-06, 11:10 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts
How many more times are we going to have to see Lorelai pout with Luke being oblivious to it when April is discussed?

The Luke/Logan scenes felt awkward
Old 02-15-06, 03:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by MrX
How many more times are we going to have to see Lorelai pout with Luke being oblivious to it when April is discussed?
The same thing could be asked about EVERY story line.

I mean, I love Paris and she cracks me up, but she has NEVER changed or grown even a little. The way she acted at the paper was the way that she was at Chilton's paper but worse.

Wouldn't you think she would grow just a little bit, especially with Rory as her closest friend?

And the idea that Luke and Lorelai would have such trouble communicating after all their years of knowing one another is unbelievable. He was pining for her before the show began and now they want us to believe that he wouldn't know how crushed Lorelai would feel excluded from the new daughter and having to postpone the wedding?

They have made great leaps towards making Logan a much more likeable character, so I wonder if they will be together when the show ends. I doubt they'll end it with her engaged or married, but they could leave things with him looking like the guy she'll end up with. I'd still rather that they didn't.

Also, shouldn't Luke have at least offered to pay Logan for the necklace? It was a nice gesture by Logan (I didn't buy the fact that Lorelai would have thought that was something Luke would have done and that the two just went out shopping and happened to buy matching jewelry, but no big deal), but it didn't seem like a "Luke" thing to do to just take something and not at least offer to pay for it. Especially since it's a meaningless gift if he doesn't at least pay for it himself.

Maybe I missed the part when he offered, because I got a couple of calls.

Not a BAD episode, just seems to be going nowhere that we haven't been already, also kind of just meandering and sloppy, and kind of disappointing.
Old 02-15-06, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Well since starting to watch the DVDs this year (having never watched the show before), I am all caught up and this was the first episode I was able to watch "live".

I agree that it seemed a little out of character for Luke to so quickly accept the necklace given the way he was acting towards Logan before. You know that necklace would have to cost a small fortune given what Logan has spent in the past.
Old 02-15-06, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ummm. my DVR thought it was a rerun. Guess I'll be finding it elsewhere.
Old 02-15-06, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I agree with those saying this was a weird episode. Had a very strange and uncomfortable feel to it.

I think that this is the beginning of the end for Luke/Lorelai. And the sooner it happens, the better IMO. Not sure that they ever had any, but whatever chemistry these two had is long gone. (And I'm talking about the actors as well as the characters.)

Liking Logan more and more. Still don't understand all the hate for the guy.
Old 02-15-06, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Logan and Rory definitely aren't going to be together since Rory put the kiss of death on it w/ the "he might be the one" line.

I was fully expecting a scene where Luke was shocked to find out how much he owed Logan for the necklace.

The problem w/ Logan is even when he's suppposed to be nice, he comes off like a patronizing, condescending prick. Must be hard to turn down your dad when you want to use his money to buy lobsters, tennis bracelets, and trips to Asia.
Old 02-15-06, 10:53 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Meatpants
I was fully expecting a scene where Luke was shocked to find out how much he owed Logan for the necklace.
I have a feeling we'll see a scene in the future where Lorelai finds out how much the necklace is worth by seeing it in a store or something. She then freaks out on Luke asking him why he spent so much and he's forced to admit the truth.
Old 02-15-06, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I thought the necklace thing was strange too... maybe some connecting scenes were cut for time?

1. It was unrealistic that Lorelai wouldn't figure out what was up. I was expecting her to discuss it with Logan when they were alone for a minute before everyone left.

2. There was no discussion about cost. I'm sure that Luke has plenty of money saved, and he could afford pretty much anything... but to not even have it discussed between Luke/Logan seemed strange.

Yeah, the whole episode felt strange. I don't know if it was because we were going away from Stars Hollow for so long or what...
Old 02-15-06, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Concur with the weird assessments.
Old 02-15-06, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's amazing how the beach at Martha's Vineyard looked absolutely
nothing like Southern California.

And it's mid-February in Connecticut and when Luke & Lorelai were loading the truck it was bright and sunny out and they weren't even wearing coats!

I kinda liked the episode, though. I liked seeing the two couples interact. Weird how Rory was acting like she owned the house or something. She seemed very much at home already.
Old 02-15-06, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Too much forehead showing on Lorelai is what got me off-kilter from the start of this episode.
Old 02-16-06, 04:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 119 Likes on 71 Posts
I notice Lorelai had a slightly different hair style. More Curls.
Otherwise this was a bland episode.
Old 02-16-06, 06:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I just don't buy the relationship between Luke and Lorelai. They come off to me like they don't even like each other. Could be the rumoured ill feelings between them offset, but I don't see any warmth or chemistry between them. They are supposed to be in love, and I think that this episode was the first time Luke said it ("You know I love you, right").

At this point, I am rooting for Christoper to end up with Lorelai and Luke to go back with April's mom.
Old 02-16-06, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
I thought the best part of this episode was Rory and Lorelai's scene in the kitchen. Love their interaction.
Old 02-16-06, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I'm annoyed at the fact that Luke completely segregates Lorelai and his daughter. I realize that the guy is trying to get to know his kid, but if he was really serious about marrying Lorelai - she kind of needs to be a part of the bonding process, too, imo.

Logan needs to hire Lucy Liu for the evening so she can put his father in his place.
Old 02-16-06, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

For the longest time, I really wanted Luke and Lorelei to get togeher. Now I just want them to split so they can end this uncomfortableness.

But Rory and Logan are a borderline annoying couple.
Old 02-16-06, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'll be over Luke and Lorelai when hell freezes over, but I don't like how they have been written lately. First there was Lorelai and Rory fighting, which got old way before they ended the story, and now Lorelai and Luke are just acting odd. After all these years, the effort to turn Luke into a jerk is really lame. Beyond lame. Yuck.

Oh, and while I am complaining, I don't like Logan because he reminds me a lot of Christopher and god, I hate Christopher.

This season has been my least favorite so far. Way too much faux tension, shark jumping (missing child for god's sake), and not enough of the good stuff I watch for. Did I mention the long lost child? I hate that. So much. LAME.
Old 02-16-06, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm really loving that we're 15 episodes into the season and all that's really happened so far is that Lorelei and Luke delayed the wedding and Rory went back to Yale and got back with her old boyfriend. That's really about it.

And Seinfeld had the nerve to claim that IT was a show about nothing! HA! It is to laugh.

I really liked this episode, mainly because it had so much screen time with the main characters and none with the town's annoying denizens.

Not very happy about how little Paris and Lane we're getting this year, though.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.