DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Amazing Race 11-28 Who is NOT going to make it to the final three? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/162158-amazing-race-11-28-who-not-going-make-final-three.html)

Iron Chef 11-28-01 01:09 PM

Amazing Race 11-28 Who is NOT going to make it to the final three?

I have a bad feeling about the frat boys tonight, and unfortunately, I see team Guido sliming their way into the top three.

ChrisHicks 11-28-01 02:32 PM

Does anyone else think CBS wants Team Guido to win? Look at the way the show goes: first they cheat and try to screw over the other contestants when they screwed themselves up but didn't get any penalties.(or atleast it wasn't stated if they did) then they are the last team to arrive but it wasn't an elimination round. Then they come in last place again but the mom/daughter team gets a time penalty and saves team Guido again. I see a trend happening here.

BDB 11-29-01 12:50 AM

Spoiler:
having watched the show, most peoples fears were correct and Guido are in the frat boys are out. too bad, the frat boys are fun. were fun, and the one dude was pretty upset.

Gallant Pig 11-29-01 04:36 AM

You know I've only watched this show a few times, but when I do, Team Guido seems to know what the hell they're doing. The other teams (mom and daughter) end up getting lost and calling all the local folks idiotic retards just because they don't understand English. Now that is annoying! Team Guido already knew the city where the Taj Mahal and no other team did.

Why does everyone hate them so much?

Iron Chef 11-29-01 07:27 AM

friggin team Guido

big whoppa 11-29-01 12:51 PM

Because Team Guido are total jerks. They deliberately tried to keep the other teams from boarding a plane by causing a disturbance only because they didn't have tickets. They were rude and treated the girl's mother like garbage.

Blaster1 11-29-01 03:35 PM

team guido sucks:( the frat guys were the best part of the show:(

Cardiac161 11-29-01 04:59 PM

What has Team Guido done?

I was wondering if someone could fill me in as to what Team Guido has done in the past episodes that have earned them such hate?

I just started watching the show around 3 weeks ago since my wife has been an avid watcher of the show since the beginning. She also freakin' can't wait for Team Guido to get eliminated. She hasn't really clarified why she hates them, aside fm the fact that she said they cheated. Now all this assumptions about them have also made start hating these two arrogant femmes.

But I guess I do have to know what exactly did they do in the past episodes that justifies all this disgust.

Tks!!!

PS: What I guess attracted me to the show is realizing my wife & I have gone on vacation on some of the places shown in the show. The usual thought that comes to my mind watching the Amazing Race is that the places these contestants go to are some of the most engrossing and beautiful places in the world and yet they don't have the luxury of absorbing all of it since they always have to be totally focused on the race.

big whoppa 11-30-01 04:54 AM

Re: What has Team Guido done?

Originally posted by Cardiac161

PS: What I guess attracted me to the show is realizing my wife & I have gone on vacation on some of the places shown in the show. The usual thought that comes to my mind watching the Amazing Race is that the places these contestants go to are some of the most engrossing and beautiful places in the world and yet they don't have the luxury of absorbing all of it since they always have to be totally focused on the race.

Exactly what I was saying before. If the show allowed a few minutes of sightseeing, we can absorb the country and culture. The way it is now, the contestants are in a constant state of frenzy. Every country becomes a blur if the show doesn't slow down a little.