Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

B5 Fans ... Sci-Fi To Show All 5 Telefilms Starting 1/14 and 3 Airings of LOTR 1/19

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

B5 Fans ... Sci-Fi To Show All 5 Telefilms Starting 1/14 and 3 Airings of LOTR 1/19

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-01, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, as we expected, they're going to show all the telefilms again in preparation for "Legend of the Rangers."

Here's the schedule as I have it now (all times are Eastern):

"Legend of the Rangers" will air at these times:

Saturday, January 19 at 9:00PM
Saturday, January 19 at 11:00PM
Sunday, January 20 at 5:00PM

Leading up to that, they will run the following schedule:

"In the Beginning" - Monday, January 14 at 9:00PM
"Thirdspace" - Tuesday, January 15 at 9:00PM
"River of Souls" - Wednesday, January 16 at 9:00PM
"A Call to Arms" - Thursday, January 17 at 9:00PM
"The Gathering" - Sunday, January 20 at 3:00PM

Since so much depends on the ratings of this telefilm, I'd urge people to watch all three airings and then send a letter to Sci-Fi telling them it was better than sex ... check that ... they may figure the Sci-Fi audience doesn't get much play ... tell them it's better than realizing your second unopened original Fett is a heretofore unknown production error. That should do it.

das
Old 11-25-01, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will probably watch all three airings, but I haven’t a clue what good it will do.

My guess puts the current run at maybe midway thru 4th season, with all the good stuff yet to happen. Talk about spoilers for Kapoor ratguy! Although I suspect he’s been Lurking in The Guide…

After the big buildup, and bigger letdown, of Epoch, I’m wondering if they (SciFi) have a clue any more. Will the production costs of Rangers drive up the price to them of B5 to a point where they might ax it? Or is this an already-planned-upon swan song? Neither of these things would make sense to me, because they certainly have at least two sets of airings signed, yes?

Also, certainly the production costs can’t be recouped on SciFi, and WB would HAVE to put it on disk. [How well did Dune do?] Then one thing might lead to another and they’ll get around to releasing the series, and, and, and

Where do I sign?
Old 11-25-01, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I so can't wait for this. Thanks for the update Das!
Old 11-25-01, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Cool, but why they showing Gathering last should be 2nd.
Old 11-26-01, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Finally! I finally get to see "A River of Souls!" Yes!

Sorry, I've been waiting forever and a day to see that one.

Can't wait for LotR, too, although they really haven't been doing it much justice on the sci-fi commercials.
Old 11-26-01, 02:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by strife
Cool, but why they showing Gathering last should be 2nd.
Or first, depending on your perspective, but in the timeline of original production, this makes perfect sense (except you'd like the daily episodes to be a little further along, but they are constrained by the LotR date). If you've been watching the daily series, there's little point to seeing 'The Gathering' at this time other than the fact that's it's a big B5 telefilm party during that week. But all the other telefilms belong at the end of the series. One can argue when to watch "In the Beginning" (I say late, others say early), but the natural progression as I see it is

The Gathering
Seasons 1-4
In the Beginning
Season 5/Thirdspace/River of Souls (watch the telefilms whenever, so long as the new characters have been introduced)
A Call to Arms
Crusade

Their airing of these seems pretty consistent, except, like I said, it would be nice if the series were further along for some important character introductions.

das
Old 11-26-01, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great news! Thirdspace, A Call to Arms, and River of Souls are the only things B5 that I have yet to see. Fantastic!
Old 11-26-01, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I really enjoyed A Call to Arms. Can't wait to see it again.