Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville 11/20

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-01, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smallville 11/20

The weekly Smallville thread returns! After a week hiatus when "Mike" (you know who you are ) stole my thread, I've returned a little early to get this one started since I'll be out tonight.

Promos make the show sound like a main character could be killed off, but I think Clark may end up exposing himself a little to prevent it. Hmmmm....that's what I think anyway. Can't wait to see what happens! Knowing my luck I'll be completely wrong.
Old 11-20-01, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I only started it because it wasn't there already
I won't be watching it until after it airs, as I tape it due to a conflict with something else, I think NYPD blue, it's on at 9 right?
Old 11-20-01, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by mikehunt
I only started it because it wasn't there already
I won't be watching it until after it airs, as I tape it due to a conflict with something else, I think NYPD blue, it's on at 9 right?
It's on at the same time as "24"...do you watch 24? Actually, I watch Smallville and tape "24" just in case there will be some plot twist on "24" that I don't understand and need to rewatch or that I just want to rewatch (haven't needed to yet, but you never know).

Old 11-20-01, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
But there are so many times to catch re-runs of "24" on FX.

I sort of liked this episode due to the fortune-teller old lady. I liked that Clark makes her feel good about herself because of his aura of "goodness".

Yikes! Lex goes for a "reading" and the lady sees Lex as President of the US, and then I noticed that Lex has a gloved right hand (in the comics Lex lost his right hand due to the Kryptonite ring he wore to ward off Superman, but the radiation caused his hand to contract cancer and they had to cut it off). Then Lex is in a field of daisies which shrivel up and die at his touch, and the whole world withers away, and he gets showered by blood storm. This reading kills the old lady, and freaks out Lex, who runs away, not knowing what to make of things that occured.

Last edited by Patman; 11-25-01 at 04:53 PM.
Old 11-20-01, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
A pretty good episode...but they gotta do something about the villain of the week premise! It's starting to get a little repetitive. Why not concentrate on some contemporary ideas?

I liked that image where Clark sees his future and was terrified by it since he didn't know what it meant. Yet we all know what he saw won't happen for a very, very long time. Such is the life of the deity-like superhero.
Old 11-20-01, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Eplicon
I liked that image where Clark sees his future and was terrified by it since he didn't know what it meant. Yet we all know what he saw won't happen for a very, very long time. Such is the life of the deity-like superhero.
I love the thought behind this series w/r/t Clark's destiny, and telling stories that build him a foundation for his future actions.
Old 11-20-01, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
just started watching it
Spoiler:

another kryptonite villian, that's original
I thought kryptonite had no affect on humans

Old 11-20-01, 11:38 PM
Zee

Although I like the show, I'm getting sick of the episode-long-baddies as well. Unfortunately, I read in this week's Entertainment Weekly that they weren't planning on having any long term villains, like Buffy. Perhaps they're waiting for Lex to develop into that role? Lord knows. Hopefully there'll be -some- long-lasting plot lines in the future.
Old 11-21-01, 09:37 AM

Originally posted by Zee
Although I like the show, I'm getting sick of the episode-long-baddies as well. Unfortunately, I read in this week's Entertainment Weekly that they weren't planning on having any long term villains, like Buffy. Perhaps they're waiting for Lex to develop into that role? Lord knows. Hopefully there'll be -some- long-lasting plot lines in the future.
I agree. We need to either get some good story lines that aren't based upon the weekly "person turns bad due to kyrptonite" premise. Although, they left the door open for this weeks bad guy to return, but I don't see how they could make entertaining episode about it.

I was right in assuming that Clark would expose himself to save someone, but I was rather disappointed in the fact that neither the girl nor the truck driver thought something strange happened. There were some pretty clear signs on Clark's back that the truck did hit him, but everyone ignored it.

Aside from everything else, the show continues to show Clark's and Clark's parents struggles with Clark's powers and the conflicts result extremely well. Now that we saw that Lex is destined to be evil, I hope that the show doesn't rush into his transformation. I'm very happy with the pace they have taken with developing Lex and I hope it continues at such a pace.
Old 11-21-01, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Enough with the weekly human-turned bad by kryptonite-mutants already!!! AARRGGHHH.....

Old 11-21-01, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by jpalm

Aside from everything else, the show continues to show Clark's and Clark's parents struggles with Clark's powers and the conflicts result extremely well. Now that we saw that Lex is destined to be evil, I hope that the show doesn't rush into his transformation. I'm very happy with the pace they have taken with developing Lex and I hope it continues at such a pace.
We, the audience saw the evil future of Lex, but Lex doesn't know any of it, other than he might have somehow cause that old lady to expire prematurely.
Old 11-21-01, 04:38 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Spoiler:
Well, Lex was freaked. If someone was "scared to death" by reading your future you'ld be freaked too.

At any rate, is anyone catching all the Jesus references in the show? Even moreso than the comic. This episode was especially replete with them. It's pretty easy to figure out who Lex is.
Old 11-21-01, 08:36 PM
Banned

Clark had turned into a damn Lana Lang stalker! He must have some serious blue balls.

I know Lex turns into a bad mother f'er in the future... but that final future vision made it look like Lex turns into a freaking serial killer. It looked like something out of the Terminator. BTW, that was the white house oval office, right? That'll be cool seeing Lex become president.
Old 11-21-01, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Maybe Lex's middle name is "Damian".
Old 11-23-01, 03:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 449 Likes on 307 Posts
You all know, right, that in the Nov. 2000 Superman comic books, Lex was elected President, and has been president for the past year. Nice tie-in.
Old 11-25-01, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I thought it was wonderful foreshadowing of Lex and the whole him standing with the Sunflowers, burning them away and you see the skeletons, then it starts to rain blood. Then the old lady dies. That was just amazing.