TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Boston Public 11/19

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-01, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Boston Public 11/19

hook lady is freakin nuts!

they got a tons of characters on this show. and now they introduce the daughter, maybe i'm wrong but has there ever been a mention of Harper being married or havign a daughter before?

where was the music teacher? she didnt make her cameo like lauren did?
Old 11-19-01, 09:12 PM
Mod Emeritus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Boston Public 11/19

Originally posted by Venusian
has there ever been a mention of Harper being married or havign a daughter before?
Not that I can recall. That struck me as being a little odd. Otherwise, I thought this week was pretty good.
Old 11-19-01, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I'd pay for PPV to see Marla and Hook Lady throw down in a Texas steel cage death match.

Billy Zane getting laughed out of the classroom was pretty funny, though I didn't think his singing was all that funny.
Old 11-19-01, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Patman

Billy Zane getting laughed out of the classroom was pretty funny, though I didn't think his singing was all that funny.
i didnt either. I thought it was a kinda weird story line. they usually just focus on the people at school and rarely bring outside people in as one of the main story lines for the week
Old 11-20-01, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Was Harry Senate not in the episode this week? I guess he was for a minute. I like when they do stuff with him.

I liked the part with the hook lady and I thought that there was some good stuff concerning the nipple orgasm. Pretty funny, although, I've never seen two students doing that in a public part of the school.
Old 11-20-01, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

As usual ... completely outrageous and implausible yet overwhelmingly entertaining. Billy Zane couldn't be more perfect for his character.

das
Old 11-20-01, 08:47 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I thought the actress that played Harper's daughter was fantastic. She was a real find, and I hope we see more of her on the show. Harper's ex-wife and daughter have been mentioned before (last season), but never seen.
Old 11-20-01, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Groucho
I thought the actress that played Harper's daughter was fantastic. She was a real find, and I hope we see more of her on the show. Harper's ex-wife and daughter have been mentioned before (last season), but never seen.
Took the words right outta my mouth...

I think Harper's daughter will be a good character and will add good storylines. I think we've already gotten a preview of how they will be butting heads...

I couldn't figure out why Billy Zane's Shakespeare singing was funny either...

So do you guys think that Guber and Hook Lady will hook up in next week's episode? The preview shows her asking him if he wants to stay over.....personally, I think he'll say "no". He seems old-fashioned and conservative (though obviously horny), so I think he'll hold off a little while longer before exploring anything sexual with the Hook Lady.

Old 11-20-01, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Man, as soon as Hook Lady puts on some symphonic orchestra music, Guber's going to be so hot and horny that she's going to wish she had two hooks!
Old 11-20-01, 02:09 PM
Mod Emeritus

Originally posted by Patman
Man, as soon as Hook Lady puts on some symphonic orchestra music, Guber's going to be so hot and horny that she's going to wish she had two hooks!

BBBbbbwwwwhhhaaaaaaa!!!
Old 11-20-01, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

two kids were caught in my high school having sex in the stair well so i guess the two kids making out aint that unbelievable
Old 11-20-01, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hey, wasn't Mandy Patinkin supposed to be become a teacher this season?
Old 11-20-01, 10:20 PM

The laughter at the song was maybe a commentary on the musical tastes of modern kids. Who for the most part would not know good music if it turned them upside down and smacked them on their bottoms. Not that he was very good. He wasnt laughable though.

You all probably found yourselves laughing eventually because its hard not to laugh when everyone else is cracking up. I think thats why the teacher was laughing.
Old 11-20-01, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have to agree with the kids on this one, if there is something worse than reading Shakespeare, it's being FORCED to read him. Ugh, how many goddamned times did we have to go through Romeo and Juliet. Jesus Christ I grew to despise it. I can't even watch the Zefirelli production, though Olivia Hussey makes for some nice eye candy. Of course, even that is ruined by Franco's love affair with Leonard Whitting's butt. Any way, seeing Will performed, or better still, performing him yourself makes him more palatable.
Old 11-21-01, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The hook ladys face scares the hell out of me!

I don't like the fact that they are introducing too many new characters into the show.

Are they trying to write out Harry Senate and some of the other orginal members?

I still like the show, but everything is so over the top.....

Anyone catch the hook lady admitting that the son that she was abusing locked her in the basement and she lost her hand trying to escape....why wasn't the police contacted???
Old 11-21-01, 04:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

All I know is that if Kathy Baker doesn't get some kind
of nomination for the mother/hook lady role then there
is really an injustice going on.

she's terrific and creepy as hell....and she really didn't need the hook to accomplish that feat.

I'm sorry that I was unfamiliar with Jeri Ryan before now but it is almost impossible to look at her face when she's walking around or whatever.