Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Enterprise 11/7

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-01, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Enterprise 11/7

still 1hr 38 minutes away but I wanted to be the starter since I have been in the past.
Comet episode tonight, from the preview looks like a armegedon/deep impact episode

Last edited by mikehunt; 11-07-01 at 07:17 PM.
Old 11-07-01, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Spoiler:

drilling on a comet, original
Hoshi "that means we're the first to discover it"
wow! really?
man she's useless lately, cute, but useless
I hope they give her a decent role in upcoming episodes

Old 11-07-01, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Spoiler:

they have basic replicators!
Q&A from a letter from a school, kind of funny

a vulcan calling humans arrogant. he was the smuggest most condenscending SOB in the world

Last edited by mikehunt; 11-07-01 at 07:42 PM.
Old 11-07-01, 08:03 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
People can't seem to wait for it to end before they comment.

I loved it. The best episode this season by far. It was funny, interesting, had a bit of action (not much, but it was secondary to the story).

I must say that it's quite refreshing to have an unjaded, wide-eyed crew, who are learning as they go along. Enterprise is diametrically opposed to Voyager in every way. This is a good thing.
Old 11-07-01, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

it was good, although
Spoiler:
shuttle falling down a crevice? that's so 2 weeks ago
Old 11-08-01, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts
Does the crevice count as this week's cave?

Another great episode. The only thing I really don't like is that every time they meet up with a serious character, like the Vulcan captain, Archer and the Tripp turn into down-home folks and act like rubes.

I thought the message sent to the grade school went on a little too long, but it was cool to see they would take something like that seriously, much like our current astronauts do.
Old 11-08-01, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shuttle falling down a crevice? that's so 2 weeks ago
Better than kryptonite appearing in final villian fight, and attempted murder by car. That was one week, two weeks, and three weeks ago!
Old 11-08-01, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Jason
Why not?

JASTE

(Just Another Star Trek Episode.)

The message to the school kids was WAY too long, although I got a kick out of Trip complaining about having to do a "poop" thing.

Saw Blalock on the morning news yesterday. Wasn't impressed. For someone who's "grown up with Star Trek", you would think she would understand the Vulcan part a little better. I think at this point the director should be blamed.

I guess the doggie is out, huh?
Old 11-08-01, 11:18 AM
Cool New Member

I know that classic star trek is about exploring and diplomacy and cute little stories and problem solving and what not....

but is anyone else yearning for an episode where they fly around in the ship, get attacked and shoot stuff...

sometimes those episodes are less plausible, but I want some action, and my attention span is running out.
Old 11-08-01, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally posted by Jason

I was going to mention that there was no cave, but then I forgot about the crevice.

I really liked this episode. Not a lot of action, but I love the interaction (or lack thereof) between humans and Vulcans.
Old 11-08-01, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally posted by Wizdar

Whoa! Parthos was my favorite character!

This whole cave thing is already beyond getting old. I am really wondering if there will ever be an episode without one.
Old 11-08-01, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, at least they're evolving. First it was a cave, then it was a system of caverns and the shuttle fell into it, then it was a cave and there was spy equipment in it, now it's a crevice and the shuttle fell into it. What more variety could you people want?!?!?!

I liked this episode, I thought dinner with the Vulcan guy was pretty funny. I liked Archer's comment about how it was so reassuring that no matter where they went in the emptiness of space there would always be a Vulcan ship nearby.

The message to the school kids was cool too.
Old 11-08-01, 02:13 PM

I agree wholeheartedly regarding the lack of actions. Come on guys, not all aliens are friendly and you do need to kick some buds and shed some bloods once in a while! So who the major baddy for this season? Need someone who's as cool as the Borg.
Old 11-08-01, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by brianmclean
I know that classic star trek is about exploring and diplomacy and cute little stories and problem solving and what not....

but is anyone else yearning for an episode where they fly around in the ship, get attacked and shoot stuff...

sometimes those episodes are less plausible, but I want some action, and my attention span is running out.
This has been my biggest gripe. So far fan reaction has pretty much been 'okay' about all the episodes, but honestly has there been one interesting enough to really want to rewatch? Not for me. And, probably the most action filled episode, the Andorian one, was a little too blatant for me, a too obvious attempt to spice things up actionwise.

They need to figure out how to balance between character development and thrills. It isnt that hard, so far its just been one or the other, with more plodding, non-action stories than anything else.

I've figured out the cave fixation. I'll bet Paramount had the creative team go on a retreat together before the show, they went spelunking, and it somehow stuck in their minds and has made it into every show.
Old 11-08-01, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Slumbering Fist
I've figured out the cave fixation. I'll bet Paramount had the creative team go on a retreat together before the show, they went spelunking, and it somehow stuck in their minds and has made it into every show.
I like that.

How 'bout this: with the so-called "power crisis", Paramount removes 50% of the overhead flourescent bulbs, leaving the place in a semi-darkened state.

Or, the few moments the writers can keep their minds off Blalock's boobs, they are, ummm, thinking, ummm, of something else.
Old 11-09-01, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Or, the few moments the writers can keep their minds off Blalock's boobs, they are, ummm, thinking, ummm, of something else.
Too Funny. I'll never look at the shuttle falling into the crevice the same way again.
Old 11-09-01, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Since the Vulcan will not go through with the planned marriage I await her going into heat without a Vulcan male in sight. Maybe the ship that's tailing them will send one over when the time arrives? Will she come off like B'lana and grab the guy who most aggravates her, Tripp, though I think the Doctor would love to give her a hand, for the experiance.
Old 11-09-01, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Was anyone else bothered by the fact that an 85 kilometer comet had Earth-like gravity? I mean, struggling to get out of the crater? One push with your toe would have launched you 30 feet up at a time or more. I was a bit upset that this point was entirely disregarded, without even some technobabble to try and explain it (such as, "Elisium is known to produce an inordinate number of gravitons, Captain").

Next week's episode looks cool...Archer gettin' it on with the natives, ala Kirk. Also, was that a Suliban I caught being unmasked?
Old 11-09-01, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally posted by Numanoid
Was anyone else bothered by the fact that an 85 kilometer comet had Earth-like gravity? I mean, struggling to get out of the crater? One push with your toe would have launched you 30 feet up at a time or more. I was a bit upset that this point was entirely disregarded, without even some technobabble to try and explain it (such as, "Elisium is known to produce an inordinate number of gravitons, Captain").

That was the first thing I thought when they landed on it. I figured that it would least be like the moon - 1/6 of Earth's gravity.
Old 11-09-01, 01:44 PM
BT
DVD Talk Special Edition

Someone mentioned character development... I liked how they covered T'Pol's arranged marriage on Vulcan, and how humans thought that went out with the stone age. What I didn't understand was her whole "struggle" with whether or not to cancel the marriage. Any 'regular' Vulcan would've gone through with it b/c it was as she said, tradition, and breaking tradition is a cardinal sin for Vulcans in a sense. So I really don't understand why she did that... Unless... she's turning human!!!

oh well... Still fun to watch... kind of.

-BT
Old 11-09-01, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Numanoid
One push with your toe would have launched you 30 feet up at a time or more.
If they did something about that folks would accuse them of ripping off Armageddon.

Oh, wait. Nevermind.
Old 11-09-01, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Did anyone else bust out laughing at the human child's rendering of a Vulcan? It looked like a goblin!
Old 11-10-01, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Tesiae
Did anyone else bust out laughing at the human child's rendering of a Vulcan? It looked like a goblin!
I thought it looked like an elf-leprachaun thing.

Matt
Old 11-10-01, 02:35 AM

Why not?

Saw Blalock on the morning news yesterday. Wasn't impressed. For someone who's "grown up with Star Trek", you would think she would understand the Vulcan part a little better. I think at this point the director should be blamed.

This woman has yet to impress me. I simply consider her T'Boob. I guess they are just trying to do something different with the Vulcans at this point.

Maybe they released Porthos out on a planet that didn't have air to breathe but they cut it do to PETA protests:P
Old 11-10-01, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I hope you realize that if the "T'Boob" thing catches on, I'm taking credit for it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.