Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Buffy! The Musical 11/06/01 [SPOILERS]

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-01, 10:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buffy! The Musical 11/06/01 [SPOILERS]

I don't know about anyone else, but I thought this episode was AWESOME. Granted, SMG and Nicholas Brendan, among others, are not the most talented vocalists, but, of course, this wasn't a real musical, but normal people being forced, by extraordinary circumstances, to sing. I was especially moved by the fire song, and the leaving song by Giles and Tara. Also, Buffy's revalation song at the end was great. Finally, several movie references, including 2 from Magnolia (Respect the Eclair, and tame the doughnut, plus I swear "Where Do We Go?" was a straight ripoff of Aimee Mann's "Save Me"), and the Moulin Rouge-style curtain fall at the end.
I thought it would be a much longer time before Buffy revealed the true nature of her death. I'm interested now to see what happens to Tara.
Trailer for next week seemed pretty decieving, as a Giles/Anya romance is not something that Joss would just dump on us without foreshadowing at all, so I'm guessing that a side-effect of Willow giving up magic for a week is everyone around her having overactive sexual impulses or something weird like that.
Old 11-06-01, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice to see an enjoyable villian. First time since The Gentlemen.... who remembers when we had a cool villian every other week though? I hate how much I find this show has slid.

However, this was a very well made episode and it was throughly enjoyable except for one or two parts.

One being that Xander did it? talk about a "huge excuse" way of solving the whole episode. Just say that wearing the necklace summons the demon. Much easier. Let me make a guess as to if Xander is going to feel guilty about the people he caused to be killed? No, we'll never hear about it again...

Spike and Buffy, heh, well, I can perhaps see them being together for a short period of time, but after their history together there's no way in hell these two could realistically last. If they play this card, then I'm loosing more respect for the show. Plus this guy has no soul (clearly evident in the way he mixes love and death throughout the episode... plus his insults to Dawn and Buffy... etc... etc.. more reasons will be at my website for those who care)

But well this is the type of episode that makes me mad that the rest of the episodes aren't good enough to purchase. I'd love to have this one on DVD. Unfortunitly, there's only been about 6 episodes in the past two years I'd want to own. I'll always have the first three seasons though.. and Angel is good too...

Even the none singing parts had humor and quality we've not seen in many episodes since season 3. The "must be tuesday" and "real boy" lines were classic. Beats the stupid sex jokes we normally get from Anya.

A good job and congrats to eveyone.
Old 11-07-01, 02:03 AM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmmm, so many Buffy Musical threads - I guess I'll go with the one that has the spoiler tag

Hands down best episode this year. They managed to combine the humor with the music and of course every single character was affected in a major way.

Spike/Buffy - Wow! No idea where they're going to go with this. I'm not so sure I like this turn.

Buffy/Willow - I thought the 'revelation' would never come. I'm almost glad they got this out in the open. Willow's in for some rough times ahead.

Tara/Giles - Looking like both of them will be leaving the show shortly.

Dawn - whats up with this Klepto? I guess she needs some attention from Buffy. In the context of the musical, she really reminded me of Leslie Caron in 'Gigi.'

The singing was a bit uneven. Tara sounded the best to me and I noticed Spike's accent was gone in his singing (naturally). Kudos to everyone involved. Loved the little touches - widescreen, production value (esp. those fire engines going by), special effects (not bad for a TV show). The humor was very much needed but I think things are going to be much darker again next week.