Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The 24 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-01, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just finished watching hour 2 and it was way more intense than the first hour. This episode definitely had more action to probably keep it going and it got noticeably bloodier. I'm definitely loving this show and from the looks of the preview for next week, it'll probably be a similarly intense episode.
Old 11-14-01, 01:30 AM

I taped the first show but didn't watch it, then watched the 2nd and got sucked right in. Now I'll go back and watch the opener and catch the rerun of #2 on Friday night. They make good use of split-screen and Kiefer is a pleasant surprise - I sure squirmed when he took that fingerprint. Exotica is one of my favorite movies so I'll watch anything with Mia Kirshner (even Wolf Lake, R.I.P.) - Mia was quite the tease tonight too!

Last edited by JamesBrian; 11-14-01 at 08:37 PM.
Old 11-14-01, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Static Cling

Every single character isn't constantly on camera. Say we go to commercial... (that takes two minutes)... and then Jack Bauer (Kiefer's character) doesn't come back on screen for another two more. That's four minutes right there. Plenty of time for each character to take care of bodily functions. People can also eat on the run... and they can also go without food or sleep for 24 hours and survive. I don't think any of the main Counter-Terrorist Unit characters will be getting any sleep, and possibly not any of the Bauer family, either.

I thought that the first episode was very tense. We still don't know who are the good guys and bad guys. Good TV, IMHO. I know a lot of you disagree, but please don't use this thread as your crapping ground. I look forward to discussing this show on here as the season progresses, and I'd really appreciate it if I didn't have to wade through a bunch of "This show sucks!" posts do to it. Thank you in advance.
Well - as for sleep, the show started out at midnight and I imagine these people have been awake all day as it is - so we're not just talking about 24 hours without sleep - more like 36 or so. I can't barely function when I haven't slept in that long. 24 hours and I'm fine, but any more than that and I'm fried. As for the show - I had already seen episode 2 when I posted, guess it's on an hour earlier where I am. Good thing I didn't give away any plot spoilers... I almost did.
Old 11-14-01, 08:50 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Trigger

Well - as for sleep, the show started out at midnight and I imagine these people have been awake all day as it is - so we're not just talking about 24 hours without sleep - more like 36 or so. I can't barely function when I haven't slept in that long. 24 hours and I'm fine, but any more than that and I'm fried. As for the show - I had already seen episode 2 when I posted, guess it's on an hour earlier where I am. Good thing I didn't give away any plot spoilers... I almost did.
Hmm, good point. They're gonna be sucking it up 20 shows from now.
Old 11-15-01, 11:33 AM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

I'm glad I'm not the only one to get sucked into this cheese fest. Love it so far. I've been disappointed when each episode ended, as I still want more ... that's rare for TV these days.
Old 11-15-01, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This show rocks so far! If not for the hype before the show started, I probably wouldn't even have bothered to tune in, but since there was so much hype I had to see what all the fuss was about! Boy am I glad I did...I'm already thinking about the DVD release. (As long as the show continues to be good and not somehow go down the poop chute).

Old 11-15-01, 09:08 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally posted by immortal_zeus
Boy am I glad I did...I'm already thinking about the DVD release. (As long as the show continues to be good and not somehow go down the poop chute).

Heh, me too! I usually don't tune into any Fox shows... this is the first one I've kept up with regularly in a long time.

Frankie like Mia!
Old 11-16-01, 10:18 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
I had only heard a little of the hype and didn't know what to expect from this show. After two episodes, I love it. It's pretty fast paced, engaging, the writers did a good job getting me intersted in the characters, and you don't get the whole damn_puzzle solved in one hour like most shows!

As for Kiefer's spoiler, I kind of had an inkling
Spoiler:
something was going on with the other girl's dad, and he was going to turn out to be a bad guy

Way cool.
Old 11-17-01, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm tempted to read Kiefer's spoiler from the Tonight Show... but I won't. Can someone tell those of us in the dark when the plot points he revealed have been played out? So I can finally read what he said.
Old 11-17-01, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Bandoman
I had only heard a little of the hype and didn't know what to expect from this show. After two episodes, I love it. It's pretty fast paced, engaging, the writers did a good job getting me intersted in the characters, and you don't get the whole damn_puzzle solved in one hour like most shows!

As for Kiefer's spoiler, I kind of had an inkling
Spoiler:
something was going on with the other girl's dad, and he was going to turn out to be a bad guy

Way cool.
I agree; I like the show. I expected the pilot to possibly be a little slow, introducing characters, etc., so it didn't bother me. It leaves me intrigued to see what happens next.

Spoiler:
But regarding the kidnapped daughter/wife, I also had a suspicion in the first episode. I figured the only reason to spend so much time on the daughter's night out was if it had something to do with the assasination attempt. And, if so, then the other girl's father may also be involved somehow.

Now, who thinks that the traitor is really Nina (or whatever the female character's name was on the ID card? Is it a set-up?
Old 11-18-01, 03:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

the first hour was a bit underwhelming but good ol' hour # 2
put the show in full gear. loving it.

I highly advise people to watch this show.
Old 11-20-01, 06:02 PM

I taped hour 2 and it took me until Sunday night to watch it(I almost didn't). I thoroughly enjoyed it and I'm really looking forward to the next episode now.
Old 11-20-01, 07:03 PM

I really enjoyed the first two episodes of this show, but will have to miss this week's episode. Unfortunately, it seems that Fox is not replaying tonight's episode on Friday. I don't have access to a VCR or cable, so does anyone no where I could download this episode? I checked Morpheus and they don't have any of the past episodes so I doubt they will have tonight's. Any ideas?
Old 11-20-01, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by vasb
I really enjoyed the first two episodes of this show, but will have to miss this week's episode. Unfortunately, it seems that Fox is not replaying tonight's episode on Friday. I don't have access to a VCR or cable, so does anyone no where I could download this episode? I checked Morpheus and they don't have any of the past episodes so I doubt they will have tonight's. Any ideas?
I *know* I heard them go into the usual rap tonight after the show ended- "AND if you liked tonight's show, be sure to tell a friend about our ENCORE presentation blah blah blah..." I guess I tuned out mentally and didn't pay close attention. I just checked the listings and it is NOT being shown again on Fox, BUT since they said there would be an encore presentation I am certain that they will rebroadcast on the FX network. Do you get FX? If not, think about asking a friend to tape it for you, if you have a friend who gets the channel.

As for tonight's show, you REALLY shouldn't miss it. Try to watch it no matter what- it was GREAT. If I wasn't totally hooked already, I can say for sure that after tonight's show I am an official 24 addict.
Old 11-20-01, 11:31 PM

Originally posted by vasb
Fox is replaying it Saturday this week (9:00). FX might show it Monday at 10 (they did last week's episode).

Last edited by Johnny Salami; 11-20-01 at 11:38 PM.
Old 11-21-01, 09:57 AM

Johnny Salami, hundredeightyproof thank you for your suggestions.

I just checked and Johnny Salami you are correct, it is playing again at 9:00pm Saturday on Fox. I'm not sure why, but yesterday when I searched for 24 on broadcast television this airing did not appear.

I'm glad I'll have a chance to see it, I too am hooked. It is probably the only show I will watch regularly now that The Simpsons is really lagging. It is very well directed and the acting (especially Sutherland) is quite good. Actually, though it is a nice extra, being in real time really hasn't added that much to the show, it works well because of many other reasons. I just hope it doesn't have a bunch of twists that are there just for the sake of having twists. It should stay true to the characters and not turn them into mere pawns that can be interchanged in novel ways in order to elicit shocks from the audience. So far that would be my only real worry.

Last edited by vasb; 11-21-01 at 09:59 AM.
Old 05-22-10, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: The 24 Thread

Funny that there were already Real Time complaints and what not even in the pilot
Old 05-22-10, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Will miss this show. Much more than that other one ending tomorrow.
Old 05-23-10, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by p1forest

Now, who thinks that the traitor is really Nina (or whatever the female character's name was on the ID card? Is it a set-up?[/spoiler]
Can't even remeber the context, but pretty impressive you called that after the first episode.

Weird reading posts about video taping (pre DVR and TiVo) and the original run of Band of Brothers. Amazing this show has been on for almost 10 years.
Old 05-23-10, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by whoopdido
Weird reading posts about video taping (pre DVR and TiVo) and the original run of Band of Brothers. Amazing this show has been on for almost 10 years.
Yeah, this was a pretty fun thread bump
Old 05-23-10, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wonder whatever happened to Johnny Salami and CarlosTheDwarf?
Old 05-23-10, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

So the third poster felt the need to separately respond to every positive remark in a TVG ad. In terribly unfunny ways, to boot. Wonder if he's still around.
Old 05-23-10, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by HE Pennypacker
So the third poster felt the need to separately respond to every positive remark in a TVG ad. In terribly unfunny ways, to boot. Wonder if he's still around.
Ha ha. Yeah, I guess sometimes you get it right and sometimes...well after 9 years and it ending up being a very popular show, sometimes you're just flat out wrong.

It's just kind of hitting me now that 24 is ending in a little more than two and a half days. Definitely the only show currently airing that I will actually miss. There are a few other shows I watch regularly but when they end I won't really care. This will be an end of an era.
Old 05-23-10, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Wow. Venusian was sure making some lame thread titles back in '01.
Old 05-23-10, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by whoopdido
Ha ha. Yeah, I guess sometimes you get it right and sometimes...well after 9 years and it ending up being a very popular show, sometimes you're just flat out wrong.

It's just kind of hitting me now that 24 is ending in a little more than two and a half days. Definitely the only show currently airing that I will actually miss. There are a few other shows I watch regularly but when they end I won't really care. This will be an end of an era.
Yep, this is/was the first dramatic episodic show i followed from begining to end, so i'm a little bummed to see it go.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.