Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

the west wing 10/31 (possible west coast spoilers)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 10-31-01, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man did cj kick some serious #$$ tonight or what? first she was looking very nice in that red dress but what she did to that dallas reporter chick at the end was hilarious. it was good to see an episode away from the new supporting characters with just the originals. i hope that they keep those up this year and not focus too much on the new people. the donna dating a republican thing is gaining some legs and by the looks of next week it looks like it's gonna get even worse. man, they better not make donna sad.

on a final note, i have to say it was good of AS to get an old sportsnight alum as a guest star, good to see 'dave' again.
Old 10-31-01, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Two of the reporters are Sports Night alums, no?

I had been a little let down with all the episodes this year. I didn't think they were bad, but just that they weren't quite as good as previous years. But tonight's episode ranks right up with the best of them.

Definately my favorite part was the exchange between Josh and Donna when she finally tells him about the oversight guy. You could see the anger just building in him. A wrinkle in the Josh/Donna relationship, I am quite intrigued.
Old 10-31-01, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by clemente
who was the other one??

as for josh/donna, it will be interesting to see what direction they take it and how long any anger will stick around considering that they are really nuts for each other.
Old 10-31-01, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by clemente

Which reporters are these? Were these two in the control room on Sportsnight?
Old 11-01-01, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I miss Sports Night.
Old 11-01-01, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

one was the black guy who played dave from the control room, who asked the first question at the beginning. as for the other i will have to go back and watch cause i didn't catch two.

oh yeah, i miss sportsnight too.
Old 11-01-01, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Heh ... go back and watch seasons one and two, and you'll see just about every single SportsNight cast member. You can also tell that he copied major character developments from SportsNight, and gave them to West Wing characters. They redid 'Letter to Elise', and they did a Sam Seborn episode where he finds out that his parents are getting a divorce, except for Sam the affair was 28 years (for Jeremy it was 27). Those are just off the top of my head, but I can remember at least one or two SportsNight nods in every episode for those first 2 years.

das
Old 11-01-01, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by das Monkey
Heh ... go back and watch seasons one and two, and you'll see just about every single SportsNight cast member. You can also tell that he copied major character developments from SportsNight, and gave them to West Wing characters. They redid 'Letter to Elise', and they did a Sam Seborn episode where he finds out that his parents are getting a divorce, except for Sam the affair was 28 years (for Jeremy it was 27). Those are just off the top of my head, but I can remember at least one or two SportsNight nods in every episode for those first 2 years.

das
yeah like the Leadership Breakfast one. Ann Stark was played by Dana Whitaker. I wasn't used to Dana playing the bad guy.
A Josh Charles cameo would've been nice. Esp. if they made him Donna's bf. Too bad he and AS had a falling out.
Old 11-01-01, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Kal Jedi

yeah like the Leadership Breakfast one. Ann Stark was played by Dana Whitaker. I wasn't used to Dana playing the bad guy.
A Josh Charles cameo would've been nice. Esp. if they made him Donna's bf. Too bad he and AS had a falling out.
Which brings to mind that Donna was on SportsNight in 'The Six Southern Gentlemen of Tennessee' as one of the wardrobe staff. And Ted McGinley's talk show ... it's all there ...

das
Old 11-01-01, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Which brings to mind that Donna was on SportsNight in 'The Six Southern Gentlemen of Tennessee' as one of the wardrobe staff. And Ted McGinley's talk show ... it's all there ...

das
Donna was in Sports Night? Damn. I gotta look for my old SN tapes now. I just remembered another one - the host of Capitol Beat, Mark Gottfried, is Gordon!
Old 11-01-01, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I just remembered another one - the host of Capitol Beat, Mark Gottfried, is Gordon!

Do people actually read my posts? Oh ... I just thought of ANOTHER one no one else said ... Dana's boyfriend! He's on 'The West Wing' too!

das

Sorry to be such a raging smartass
Old 11-01-01, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

what happend between AS and josh charles?

i never knew that this thread would've gone this direction. maybe i should start the official sportsnight/west wing similarities and such thread.
Old 11-01-01, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by kevin75

what happend between AS and josh charles?

i never knew that this thread would've gone this direction. maybe i should start the official sportsnight/west wing similarities and such thread.
Hey I wanna know what happened too?

But weren't the two male reporters, the white guy and the black guy both control room guys on Sports Night?

You know, I never considered the links between the two, but now that you mention it....damn. Maybe if the material is that good you just don't mind.

Another SN alum on WW:
Bobbie Bernstein of SN played Sam's hooker/girlfriend.
Old 11-01-01, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just remembered another one - the host of Capitol Beat, Mark Gottfried, is Gordon!

Do people actually read my posts? Oh ... I just thought of ANOTHER one no one else said ... Dana's boyfriend! He's on 'The West Wing' too!

das

Sorry to be such a raging smartass
Were you trying to make fun of me just then?

Oh, and to those who are asking about AS and JC, I read in another West Wing MB about how JC wasn't liking what AS was writing for his character (remember the not-making-it-to-the-100-most-infuential-people-in-sports episode?) and how the character was made too sullen. I guess Dan's plight on SN was also reflected on the set of the show itself. How Peter Krause was becoming more the star of the show instead of the both of them.
Old 11-02-01, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

ok, i was not thinking clearly. when i read it i was thinking about joshua molina instead of josh charles and i was wondering about things considereing AS and molina have been freinds for quite awhile. i just got confused.
Old 11-02-01, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Were you trying to make fun of me just then?
I was ... and I'm sorry. But you quoted me, said "I just remembered another one," and said the exact same thing I said. It required reply. Sorry if it came across as mean ... I was just joking around.

das