Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Amazing Race 10/31 (spoilers)

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-01, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amazing Race 10/31 (spoilers)

No elimination this round? Ah well, I'm really enjoying this show now that only a few teams are remaining. Guido coming out of the closet (no pun intended) to show their evil side has made it very interesting.

You notice Team Greedo called the other team "SOB's"?! Lol. Seeing them fall 6 hours behind had me rolling in my chair.

Also, what did the lawyers notice on the train's roof that made them say, "woah"?

Women refused service, honk-happy cabbies, and worshipping rats - I love this show! Do you still worship the rat if it bites you and infection sets in? I'd hate to get really sick in India, cause the doctors prolly still amputate any infectious limbs as an initial treatment.

And yes, India is looking worse and worse the longer they stay. I can't imagine how cow crap on the streets, roads and in towns would effect the smell. Every team had hankerchiefs to cover their faces, so it can't be good.
Old 10-31-01, 10:14 PM

I think the lawyers noticed fans or vents on the train.

After Afghanistan, I think India is the place I would least want to visit.

That cab driver was hillarious... just honking for the sake of honking on a deserted road!
Old 11-01-01, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How about that rat temple?

I'm glad that it wasn't an elimination round this week, I didn't want the mother and daughter team to lose.

Since the Country Music Awards are next Wed night, does this mean we will have to wait 2 weeks for the next episode?
Old 11-01-01, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ah India, preferred vacation spot of Amazing Race contestents....think they will ever go back...
Old 11-01-01, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I can't imagine India's "Chamber of Commerce" being happy with how they have been portrayed on The Amazing Race.

I'm glad the girls didn't get eliminated, but with the teaser "surprise ending" that the previews promised for the next episode is making hope that team Greedo does have a huge mis-step and gets eliminated!
Old 11-01-01, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Why bother having a show if nobody gets eliminated ?
It seems silly.

Anyway I'm glad Emily (.)(.) didn't get eliminated.

I was laughing when the Guido's were in their cab and the car wouldn't start and when they were on the bus and were being passed by the scooters.

I'm hoping for this elimination order:
next to go Frank & margerita
then Nancy & Emily
then Rob & Brennan
leaving the Frat boys and the Guido's as the final two.

Then the Frat boys win it all ! I want team Guido to come in 2nd place because it will sting the most when they came so close but LOST !
Old 11-01-01, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm convinced the fast forward pass should only be used in the late rounds becuase with the way they do the destinations, even with an 11 hour lead, Frank and Margarita had to waste it by sleeping in the cold waiting for the Taj Mahal (or any other landmark to open. This has happened to the other pairs that used the FF pass as well in the past.
Old 11-01-01, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I was really hoping that the Guido's would get eliminated this round or at least come in last place. Does anyone think that the Guido's have kinda given American tourists a bad name by some of the ways that they've acted in this race?

Cutest Exchange:
Margarita - Would you build me a Taj Mahal?
Frank - I got a nice lego set that I could use.

Curious to see what happens next week especially since they say that there's a surprise ending. Wonder what happens
Old 11-01-01, 12:13 PM

This show is just getting better and better. I can't wait until the next episode. My fiance and I were clapping and cheering when the Guidos missed the first train. Next weeks episode looks to be very tense and exciting.

BTW, how are the ratings for this show? I'd like to see a season 2. There are an unlimited amount of countries/locales that can be utilized. But please, no more India!
Old 11-01-01, 04:34 PM

Frank is a whole different person now. It's like someone injected some morphine square into him in the past couple episodes.

How much you think Amazing Race costs to produce? I can't imagine the cost of plane tickets alone for destinations thusfar, no less spending cash, food, etc.

Since the Country Music Awards are next Wed night
Ugh, I'd much rather see Amazing Race. Maybe they'll scoot it to Thursday at 8pm, not like CBS actually has any other real programming I'd watch (save Survivor).

Oh god, matching clothes again! Judging from Guido's tempers, I imagine that poor little dog of theirs has boot markings from being punted.

My fiance and I were clapping and cheering
Same here, I yell and talk to the TV during this show. Although I hope Greedo loses, I doubt Emily and ol' Ma can compete with them. They'd end up shoving Emily into a wall and darting for the finish line.

Last edited by homeslice; 11-01-01 at 04:43 PM.
Old 11-03-01, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd like for the teams to do a little bit of sight-seeing and tourism before starting a race. The program could do this for the first 15 minutes and then we'd have some time to learn about the countries and more about the players. At the present pace, one country is almost indistinguishable as the next.

Does anyone notice the heavy mascara on the girl?
Old 11-04-01, 02:57 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Sightseeing? Dont need it. Here's the Amazing Race Travel Guide.

France - Go
Italy - Go
South Africa - Dont Go
India - Dont Go...ever.

D
Old 11-05-01, 04:25 PM

I wish every American could have seen the last 2 episodes of The Amazing Race.
For it shows why we need to stop people from these regions from traveling to the US.
Worship of Rats? Cows allowed to walk around everywhere. Complete insanity in a country that the British once tried to civilize?
Could imagine what it would be like in India if the British had never been there?

And these people have Nuclear Weapons? Oh my!!

videoking
Old 11-05-01, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Although I never plan on going to India, I'm not going to put down thier customs and beliefs.

So people worship rats. Big deal. Cows walk freely in the streets. Not a problem. It's no different than Americans stuffing saline filled ballons in their chests to look more attractive. Or allowing dogs to live inside households with people. Different places, different cultures.

There's a difference between seeing a poverty stricken country and saying 'I'm never visiting there.' or saying 'Those people never deserve to step foot in my country'.

D
Old 11-07-01, 04:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Derrich.

The US has plenty of strange customs. They just don't appear strange because you're accustomed to them.

They aren't "uncivilized" merely because they don't fit the European standards of civility which the US and other European nations have long since adopted.
Old 11-07-01, 12:52 PM

Good News!

HOLLYWOOD (Variety) - CBS said Tuesday it will produce a second helping of "The Amazing Race," the low-rated reality series that pits competitors in a mad dash around the globe.

"Amazing Race 2," targeted for midseason or summer 2002, will follow 12 teams over 30 to 40 days. That's up from 11 teams this season. As in the original, which launched this fall, the winning team will snag $1 million.

Producers actually started casting the new "Race" last summer, and preproduction began a few weeks ago. CBS, however, declined to confirm the show had been picked up for a second season until Tuesday afternoon.

Since the season began Sept. 24, "Race" has averaged 8.6 million viewers an episode -- down 10% vs. what CBS had been averaging with the first hour of its Wednesday movie a season ago. But among adults 18-49, a demographic prized by advertisers, "Race" is up 28% in ratings vs. a year ago, according to Nielsen Media Research.

CBS had planned to air the first "Race" in the summer, but after viewing the show's first episode, decided to take a shot on launching it in the fall. While critics generally praised the series, viewers appear to be losing their appetite for reality shows.

Still, CBS executives apparently believe the show has proven to be effective counterprogramming opposite NBC's "The West Wing."

"Race" will wrap up its first season next month.
Old 11-07-01, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

There will be no Amazing Race tonight because of the CMA's