Reload this Page >

Amazing Race 10/24 and India

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 10-24-01, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My god, how depressing was India?

Seeing all those people crowding around like sheep with their hands outstretched waiting for a handout, the cab drivers screwing over people and lying, getting pulled over to pay a high-priced toll, etc was an extremely well-placed "Never Goto India" commercial for me.

And what's with Frank getting all excited about going? He yells "India, yeah! woooo!". Lol.

Last edited by homeslice; 10-24-01 at 09:30 PM.
Old 10-24-01, 09:33 PM

All i know is i am glad i no longer have to here Karyn( i think ) say Lenny 400 times a friggin episode .
Old 10-24-01, 09:35 PM

No kidding. He needs to kick that bitch to the curb.
Old 10-24-01, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: Chicago, only a stone's throw from Chicago (even if you throw like a girl)
Whats Amazing Race?

India is a huge place and parts are very poor, and other parts re corrupt, and still others are very polluted. But there are some beautiful spots with very nice people. Don't let whatever this show is completely destroy your image of India.

Lots of people are as nice as Apu.

SPY
Old 10-24-01, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

India just made my 'No Chance In Hell Of Ever Dragging Me To That Place" list.

It looked like all the players were depressed by the poverty surrounding them...except for Team Guido. They looked like they were on a merry holiday. Those guys have no hearts.

When Emily snapped after her mom burst into tears I thought she was going to go ballistic on someone.

Thank God Karyn is off the show. I expected the frat brothers to be the 'ugly americans' but this woman takes the prize by a long shot. Every show had her yelling at her boyfriend, cab drivers, people on the street, etc etc. Seeing her literally screaming at the cab driver tonight made me ill. It wouldn't have surprised me at all if the show ended right there with a caption reading 'After this incident, Karyn was never seen again.'
Here's an example of how uncaring she was: Her boyfriend is throwing up beside the truck in the middle of the night. Instead of giving a single word of concern or comfort, she says 'Are you at least going to make it to the flag?'. Evil. And then she breaks up with him because they lost. And when she did that, I swear I could see relief in Lenny's face.

D
Old 10-24-01, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i think lenny can do alot better than her
Old 10-25-01, 06:37 AM

Awww, man...The one episode I miss is the one that I was looking forward to the most. My wife and I watch this show religiously and every week we were hoping that Lenny and Karyn would get the boot. Well, actually, just Karyn.

I'm glad I won't have to hear her yell "Lennnnnnny!" anymore.
Old 10-25-01, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Derrich
India just made my 'No Chance In Hell Of Ever Dragging Me To That Place" list. D
It was wierd...I spent a month in Mumbai last year for work...apparently Delhi is the exact same...everywhere we went there were masses of people most poor and begging..last nights episode completely reminded me of why I never wanted to go back..

BTW, the guys I was working with gave me one of those replicas of the Taj Majhal when I left...just like the one with the clue..
Old 10-25-01, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Note to self.

Never visit India, no matter how badly you want to see the Taj Mahal.
Old 10-25-01, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Great show !

Karen is a bitch !
Lenny you are better off without her.

I'm glad Emily and Nancy made it.
I too was tired of Karen yelling LENNNNYYYYY .

India looked horrible. I'm sure they are nicer parts of India but I would never go there.

Go frat brothers !!
Old 10-25-01, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

How far are Frank and Margarita timeiwse, infront of everybody else? That Fast Forward got them to India so fast.
Old 10-25-01, 08:28 AM

Second most irritating thing from Leeeeeeeeny is mom screaming at Emilyyyyyyyy. Mom gets all freaked out at the slightest roadblock. No clue why Emily just doesn't perform all tasks involving one-person-only.

I also don't understand why other teams don't just run down Team Guido. Hopefully at the end sprint, Fratboys and Lawyers will plow through those evil guys in a mad dash to the finale.

Don't let whatever this show is completely destroy your image of India
Too late.

screaming at the cab driver tonight made me ill
Yeah she was shoving him at one point, how dumb is that?

But there are some beautiful spots with very nice people
You'd never make it there. Cab drivers were overcharging the jesus outta contestants, mobs were surrounding the car and they couldn't move, evidently they had to pay some type of toll to drive down the roads, ten bucks says the police are corrupt as hell, cab drivers in all other countries at least had some interest in getting to a destination whereas in India they just didn't care. They've shown many countries so far which has been really cool, but India made a really bad impression on me.
Old 10-25-01, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It is sad to see the condition in which the people in India live. Other people in other countries were just as poor. But more often than not, the contestants are treated quite well by the locals they meet. After all, they are just a bunch of mad-rush crazy Americans. The girl didn't handle the bus situation very well.
Old 10-25-01, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I get plenty of mileage mimicking Karyn in the office. I will miss Lenny doing his Karyn voice. That's about all I'll miss of that "couple".

I have to think that Mom and Emily will be next on the chopping block, but I'm hoping for a big time stumble from Team Greedo. I still laughed with the lawyers called them Bert and Ernie.
Old 10-25-01, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Is it just me or does Lenny look like Micheal Jordon?

I'd totally go on this show, but unfortunatly you can't unless you are a US citizen...wheras I am merely a resident... dammit.

And seeing that one blind kid being lifted up to the truck to get a handout was so sad last night... and I thought Tijuana was bad. BUt I still would like to see the Taj Mahal , and not Trumps.
Old 10-25-01, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

dang, that show probably had everything that the producers ever wanted in the show. stress, break-ups, drama and competition. first off, i gotta say poor lenny. breaking up with him on national tv sucked. he seemeds like a nice guy and i'm sure he'll be better off in the end. and how far ahead are margarita and frank? it looked like they reached the hotel during the day while everyone else got there at night. they must have at least have 5-6 hours. that was a good move on their part to get the fast forward.

the previews for the next show looked interesting. i'm hoping team guido will get booted (was it just me or were they not wearing matching clothes for once?)
Old 10-25-01, 11:33 AM

i'm hoping team guido will get booted (was it just me or were they not wearing matching clothes for once)
Those guys have turned pure evil. All the nice behaviors and pleasantless they displayed during the first few days are long gone. Remember them sitting at their house, showing off the cute dog, fireplace in background, all smiles and friendly faces? Lol, so much for that. If they lose, I can see them kicking the dog when arriving home.

must have at least have 5-6 hours. that was a good move on their part to get the fast forward
Personally I'd save my fast forward for the final showdown race. Being rested and relaxed while the other team is sleepy and stressed would be a huge bonus for the Amazing Race last leg.

Last edited by homeslice; 10-25-01 at 11:36 AM.
Old 10-25-01, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Team Greedo needs to go down...what a bunch of pricks..

Fast Forward at the end sounds like a good plan, however, all the teams who haven't used it yet may be thinking the same thing so someone would get screwed...
Old 10-25-01, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Liver&Onions
Is it just me or does Lenny look like Micheal Jordon?

Actually I think Lenny looks more like Damon Bailey, the Canadian 100m sprint champion - he beat Michael Johnson in a 150m race (Johnson pulled up lame 50m into the race) to settle who was the fastest human at the time of the race, in 1999 I think).
Old 10-25-01, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So who's left who hasn't used up their Fast Forward pass?

I know these have used the FF pass:

Drew and Kevin (Frat boys)
The lawyers
Frank and Margarite

So does that leave Team Greedo and Mom/emily with a chance to use the FF pass?
Old 10-25-01, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Team Guido is going down baby, down to Chinatown !

Last edited by Struz; 10-25-01 at 12:58 PM.
Old 10-25-01, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Patman
So who's left who hasn't used up their Fast Forward pass?

I know these have used the FF pass:

Drew and Kevin (Frat boys)
The lawyers
Frank and Margarite

So does that leave Team Greedo and Mom/emily with a chance to use the FF pass?
Mom/Emily better use it quick if they have any chance of survival...
Old 10-25-01, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
From the morning show...

I recording the Morning Show this morning (which is rare), Lenny and Karyn have since broken up, although I assume they're still friends. Just a personality conflict.

Meanwhile, if you check the official web site, you can see the popularity rankings:

David/Margarettta (Grandparents) - 92% (X)
Kevin/Drew (Bald Frat Brothers) - 90%
Nancy/Emily (Mom/Daughter) - 88%
Rob/Brennan (Lawyers) - 74%
Pat/Brenda (Working Moms) - 74% (X)
Frank/Margarita (Seperated Parents) - 72%
Paul/Amie - 56% (X)
Lenny/Karyn - 51% (X)
Matt/Ana - 45% (X)
Kim/Leslie (Teachers) - 35% (X)
Joe/Bill (Team Guido) - 18%

(X) - Elimated Teams

Hey, I like the frat brothers, I like Emily & Nancy, and I want Team Greado to lose.
Old 10-25-01, 10:54 PM

I'd love to see Drew/Kevin win or Emily/Nancy win , but please don't let Team Buttpirate win .
Old 10-25-01, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Are you guys nuts? Lenny was a total idiot! I think its her that can do a lot better in life. What else are you supposed to do when your partner screws up every event, puts forth zero effort at anything, and constantly lags behind? Of course you are going to yell at him to get his ass in gear.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.