Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

What no Buffy thread for tonights episode?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

What no Buffy thread for tonights episode?

Old 10-25-01, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by junkie

Spoiler:
How could you say that!! I do not agree...maybe Willow should kill Tara
Spoiler:
Well, I didn't really mean it ... just throwing random ideas out there ... though, I suspected last season that Tara would die, and that would send Willow over to the Dark Side ...

das
Old 10-25-01, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Patman
I would think that Giles will be called back to England, and replaced by someone who's probably the antithesis of Giles, someone who's fun (which is needed since Buffy is in such a funk) and is in tuned with what is needed to battle the vampires (remember why we still watch the show?) in this day and age? There will be a period of adjustment between this new watcher and Buffy (and the Scoobs). But in the end, hopefully the new watcher will grow on the viewers.

BTW, why are the supporting cast called "the Scoobs" - just because they resemble the Scooby Doo gang?
There will be no one else sent out. Last season (or maybe the season before) the Council came to Sunnydale and intimidated/interviewed everybody and were not happy with what was going on. By the end, Buffy grew some brass ones and stood up to them. She basically told them it didn't matter what they thought, becuase they needed her, she doesn't need them, and that they would do things how they liked from now on.
Old 10-25-01, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by das Monkey

Spoiler:
Well, I didn't really mean it ... just throwing random ideas out there ... though, I suspected last season that Tara would die, and that would send Willow over to the Dark Side ...

das
Spoiler:
Maybe I should have hidden my random ideas in spoiler tags?
Old 10-25-01, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I liked the episode, myself. Having those 3 guys as the villains is a great idea. There has to be a villain, and since they're concentrating on Buffy's problems right now, having a heavy weight baddy that sucks up all her time and energy would be too much for the storyline. A good balance, I think.
Old 10-25-01, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by renaldow
I liked the episode, myself. Having those 3 guys as the villains is a great idea. There has to be a villain, and since they're concentrating on Buffy's problems right now, having a heavy weight baddy that sucks up all her time and energy would be too much for the storyline. A good balance, I think.
I understand why they have them, you're right, to lighten things, but I think they are a joke that has been done pretty well and too much more will be running it into the ground. I seriously hope the next time we see the Dorks of Doom is the episode where she takes care of them and the show moves on to the true Big Bad this season.

On a side note, I watched the Harmony's Minions episode from season 4, and the shy, brown haired, spellcasting Dork was one of Harmony's gang (though of course not the same character).
Old 10-25-01, 01:05 PM

Originally posted by Slumbering Fist

On a side note, I watched the Harmony's Minions episode from season 4, and the shy, brown haired, spellcasting Dork was one of Harmony's gang (though of course not the same character).
Are you sure? Because that character Jonathan has been around since the first or second season.
Old 10-25-01, 02:14 PM

Doesn't anyone else think that the way Buffy handled the Angel meeting was a lot lamer than Angel did? At least Cordy acted it out!
Old 10-25-01, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by junkie

Are you sure? Because that character Jonathan has been around since the first or second season.
Yeah, I'm sure, just the same actor, playing a vamp, covered in makeup the whole time. They've done that quite a bit, re-hired actors and just put them in different makeups.
Old 10-25-01, 04:13 PM

Yeah, I'm sure, just the same actor, playing a vamp, covered in makeup the whole time. They've done that quite a bit, re-hired actors and just put them in different makeups.
I have never noticed before...guess I should pay more attention, it's just that Willow is so distracting
Old 10-26-01, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 82 Likes on 63 Posts

No, I'm pretty sure that wasn't Jonathan. I will go back and look to be sure, but that character has become something of a fan favorite, and people almost always freak out everytime he is in an ep. But I will double-check.

(edit)
Okay, you were sort of right. Tom Lenk played Cyrus, one of Harmony's vamps in SEASON FIVE, but he didn't play Jonathan. He played Andrew, the blond kid who summoned the demons. Jonathan was the short one who casted the spells. Good call on making a connection, though.

X

Last edited by Xander; 10-26-01 at 09:50 AM.
Old 10-26-01, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by Xander

No, I'm pretty sure that wasn't Jonathan. I will go back and look to be sure, but that character has become something of a fan favorite, and people almost always freak out everytime he is in an ep. But I will double-check.

(edit)
Okay, you were sort of right. Tom Lenk played Cyrus, one of Harmony's vamps in SEASON FIVE, but he didn't play Jonathan. He played Andrew, the blond kid who summoned the demons. Jonathan was the short one who casted the spells. Good call on making a connection, though.
X
If you read my original post I never said Jonathan. I know darn well who Jonathan (the Superstar, himself) is. I just couldnt remember the name of the guy, so I said the "shy, brown haired, spellcasting Dork ." I guess I should have said, shy, brown haired, other spellcasting Dork that isnt Jonathan, to avoid any confusion. But, anyway, the ("I'm not Andrew, he was my brother") dork was easy to spot in the Harmony ep because of his nebbish voice.

But, on the Jonathan character front, on last nights FX rerun "Bad Eggs" he was featured as one of the brainwashed-taken over members of Sunnydale.

Last edited by Slumbering Fist; 10-26-01 at 01:46 PM.