DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Raw 10/22 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/152716-raw-10-22-a.html)

darkside 10-22-01 09:10 PM

Raw 10/22

Well I guess they should just start calling the alliance the Jobsquad. It's hardly worth watching when its obvious the WCW is going to have to give up all their titles tonight. At least they are finally going to kill this alliance crap at Survivor series. Without a doubt the worst angle in the history of the WWF. Tonights matches are okay, but the outcomes are way to obvious. RVD may be the only guy that gets to hold on to his belt tonight since he really isn't siding with anyone.

darkside 10-22-01 09:53 PM

I guessed RVD right. Now I'm wondering if Jericho is going to turn on the Rock tonight or wait a few weeks. I'm betting he turns at the end of the match tonight.

Soup Nazi 10-22-01 10:14 PM

Kudos to TNN for chopping off the ending, then replaying it a few seconds after they started Star Trek: The Next Generation ...

:thmbsdwn:

Blaster1 10-22-01 10:59 PM

wcw will lose at survivor series and then the next night on raw or a few weeks later, NWO will show up with Hall, Nash, Scott Steiner and the WCW guys will all be in NWO too and start taking over, this is what i think will happen:)

Soup Nazi 10-22-01 11:13 PM

Originally posted by Blaster1
wcw will lose at survivor series and then the next night on raw or a few weeks later, NWO will show up with Hall, Nash, Scott Steiner and the WCW guys will all be in NWO too and start taking over, this is what i think will happen:)
Um, no. Hall is available, but will not appear without Nash who isn't free until mid-Jan 2002. Scott Steiner is in rehab for a physical ailment ...

Blaster1 10-22-01 11:26 PM

nash is available beginning january 1st 2002, you do know they can buy out their contracts any time they want though dont you? they could have them appear tomorrow night if they wanted to spend the money to buy their contracts

Soup Nazi 10-22-01 11:28 PM

nash is available beginning january 1st 2002, you do know they can buy out their contracts any time they want though dont you? they could have them appear tomorrow night if they wanted to spend the money to buy their contracts
Of course I know that. But then again, is tight-walleted Vince McMahon with his ratings and buy-rates in the toilet going to front the dough?

How about Scott Steiner, which is at least 3-4 months away from availability ...

darkside 10-22-01 11:45 PM

Hall and Nash teaming back up with Xpac might be what the WCW needs to finally get some momentum, but I feel it might be too late for that. The fans have lost so much respect for the WCW that it will be difficult to salvage. At least Jericho is a WCW guy so he makes sense as the champ if he turns. The NWO as the heels of the WCW with Jericho as the face might help, but I think they need to get Stone Cold, Shane and Stephanie out of it entirely. Hall and Nash taking it over or hell even Bishoff taking it over might save the WCW. I just doubt Vince will spend the money. Hell, the best thing he could do would be to buy out Goldberg's contract. Like him or not the fans would definitely show up to watch Goldberg. Again I'm doubtful Vince will spend the money. I think the WCW guys are doomed.

Blaster1 10-22-01 11:49 PM

steiner isn't 3-4 months away from availability, his foot is almost healed now:) usually vince wouldn't spend the money to bring all these guys in, but ratings are dropping fast and vince is going to do what is right for the company and his stockholders and do whatever he can to try and bring up ratings, he wouldn't just kill the angle this quick after putting all the money into buying wcw and all the guys he had now, plus by the looks of raw tonight with wwf beating basically every alliance guy and them playing it up, its all going to lead up to something big happening, vince would only have to pay for the remaining month on nash's contract and i think steiner's contract is up in november i think, hall is available now

Soup Nazi 10-22-01 11:57 PM

Has anybody noticed that when Stephanie Big-Fake-Tit McMahon took over the lead position on the creative/writing/booking team(s) the WWF's product went straight to hell!?

Da Thrilla 10-23-01 02:05 AM

That would be the best thing the WWF could do, to recover from the alliance crap.

darkside 10-23-01 03:28 PM

Originally posted by Soup Nazi
Has anybody noticed that when Stephanie Big-Fake-Tit McMahon took over the lead position on the creative/writing/booking team(s) the WWF's product went straight to hell!?
I also noticed this. It's reminds me of when Nash took over the booking for WCW and sent an already weaking product right down the drain. Some people just don't have a clue when it comes to booking matches. I just wish should would book herself and those jugs off my TV.

The only thing I have enjoyed the last few weeks are the RVD matches. Well, the match between Edge and Christian on the ladders was awesome, but overall most of the angles have been pretty flat. They need to do something and the NWO couldn't hurt.

Soup Nazi 10-23-01 04:44 PM

Originally posted by darkside
I also noticed this. It's reminds me of when Nash took over the booking for WCW and sent an already weaking product right down the drain. Some people just don't have a clue when it comes to booking matches. I just wish should would book herself and those jugs off my TV.

The only thing I have enjoyed the last few weeks are the RVD matches. Well, the match between Edge and Christian on the ladders was awesome, but overall most of the angles have been pretty flat. They need to do something and the NWO couldn't hurt.

All that is wrong with the WWF was made clearly evident at WWF No Mercy and WWF RAW. Having the McMahon's close out the final two matches at the PPV by interference and starting off RAW with them is just plain wrong.

I can understand them wanting to write themselves into the storylines, but the storylines should involve them, not revolve around them ...

Of course, no one in the WWF or the WCW/ECW locker rooms are going to say dick-sh!t about this, as these are their bosses that they would be talking about ...

They need to get a clue quick, or the Titanic (WWF) will just keep on taking on water ...