Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Friends 10/18

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-01, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Friends 10/18

okay i know this storyline is what they are banking on but come on atleast get a better sideline...monica and chandler suck.

it also seems like not much is happening on the show, the last few weeks could have all been one episode.

and again, Joey is hilarious
Old 10-18-01, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do not agree with you at all. I am still loving Friends! And, I think Monica and Chandler are funny !

I wanna see the Joey and Phoebe hookup soon.
Old 10-18-01, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i was late on this one...locking
Old 10-18-01, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I think self locking has been disabled

Originally posted by Venusian
i was late on this one...locking
Old 10-18-01, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
I thought tonight's episode was a home run. Definitely the best and funniest "Friends" in a long long time (IMO). Well written, acted and some *great* expressions. I genuinely laughed out loud several times. I even left it on the channel while I did laundry and came back and actually watched "Will and Grace" too. Something I don't do often. Even THAT show had some laugh out loud moments tonight. Didn't watch any other shows on NBC, but if they were anything like "Friends" and "Will and Grace", bravo!
Old 10-18-01, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Man, Joey is hilarious! It's like this season he just went through the roof. Him and Phoebe have a good thing going. The whole tape thing was kind of funny too. Monica & Chandler should just move to the country already.

"Just give us our souvenirs and get the hell out."

Old 10-19-01, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I agree that this was one of the better shows
Chandler and Monica didn't get on my nerves as much as usual and I really enjoyed watching Ross and Rachel bicker and then make up well enough to watch their video. Joey and Pheobe were quite good, as usual.
Old 10-19-01, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Joey is the funniest character this season. And he's doing it all on faces. I like Ross and Rachel's new dynamics though. Especially when they were watching the video.
Old 10-19-01, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

this was the funniest new episode that i've seen in a long time.
"i was backpacking in western europe . . ." i hate how they didn't tell us the whole story though.
Old 10-19-01, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Ken Adams!
Old 10-19-01, 09:06 AM
Suspended

I meant to see it and missed it!

Can someone fill me in please???
Old 10-19-01, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Patman
Ken Adams!
Joey is a riot...the history of his story....he is the best character this season..
Old 10-19-01, 10:08 AM

Here's a review copied from a Friend's message board:

Review: At first I thought “Please let this be an interesting Mondler storyline”, and although it wasn’t the most exciting Mondler storyline, I still found it was quite funny. I only found it to really be amusing because of Phoebe and Joey’s constant teasing that maybe the couple Mondler met on the honeymoon, don’t really want to be friends with them. I thought it was kind of funny that Joey and Phoebe were laughing at them especially since they were upset that Monica and Chandler wanted to mainly be friends with a “couple.” and that they didn’t get them any souvenirs. We learn later on that Monica thinks they might have not wanted to be with them because she thinks Chandler told too many jokes and Chandler thinks that Monica talked too much. It really didn’t create Laugh-Out-Loud laughs but it was still amusing to see that even though they are a married couple, they still find some nuisances about each other. But I understand again that it wasn’t a huge storyline because the episode was to actually give the RnR storyline a lot more attention. I'll say one more thing: the tag at the end was the least funniest part of the storyline.

Well here it is, we finally see the whole gang hanging out together for the first time since the day they were all sitting in Central Perk a few days before Mondler’s wedding. I have to say I had a lot of high expectations about this storyline especially since I wanted to know whom the “third party” was that helped them out. Ironically, it was Joey, without him actually knowing he played a part on the night. Funnily enough it was one of Joey’s many lines to get girls to have sex with him. We know that he used it on Rachel’s friend, Irene, who told Rachel about the line too which easily enough we see her using on Ross, after he learned about the line a few hours earlier. The videotape turns out to be pretty funny after we see that Rachel leaves Monica’s wedding invitations to the last minute, which Monica gets upset about by squeezing Rachel’s hand tightly. And another funny moment from the video shows that Rachel was joking around by pretending she was going to spill wine on their invitations. We then learn that Ross and Rachel did it on some of the wedding invitations: even the one that is framed in Mondler’s apartment. (Chandler’s face cracks me up during that part). But it was also interesting to know that Rachel and Ross wanted to do it on Mondler’s proposal night although at the time they were actually trying to figure out who should be their backup. Honestly the best quote is from Phoebe once again who came up with the Pervert motto, “Yeah you raise your left hand and stick your right hand down your pants and say that [I’m not a pervert]." The ending to the storyline was somewhat also amusing with RnR’s face expressions (too bad we didn’t get to see any of the video...DAMN TV Censors!) Sadly enough we didn’t get any new information if RnR are going to hook up. I guess we will have to wait in the next few coming weeks to find out if that videotape will ever change Rachel’s mind about wanting to be with Ross again.

Also there are too many funny moments from all the characters in this storyline (Joey’s excitement to see the video, Ross telling Joey if he ever has girl problems that he could come to him, etc.) that I’ll just leave it up the rest of you guys to mention.
Old 10-19-01, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: Chicago, only a stone's throw from Chicago (even if you throw like a girl)
Mondler??!! WTF! I really enjoy Friends (seen all the episodes) but those people on that Friends board are a little over the top. "The last time we saw the whole gang together was three days before the wedding." Nuts and a little disturbing.

Anyway, did anyone notice in StarWars that the Alien in the Senate scene was reminscient of the Rodian from Episode IV, could possibly have been Greedo's brother?

SPY
Old 10-19-01, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by bothanspy

Anyway, did anyone notice in StarWars that the Alien in the Senate scene was reminscient of the Rodian from Episode IV, could possibly have been Greedo's brother?

SPY
Hmm... I guess those people on the Friends boards aren't the only ones that are a little disturbing.
Old 10-19-01, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
It took seven years, but Joey is finally my favorite character.

Ross: "It doesn't matter who came on to who."
Joey: "Whom."
(everyone looks at Joey, stunned)
Joey (nodding triumphantly): "That's right!"

Old 10-19-01, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Joey: "I'M SO HAPPY!"

For some reason that had me laughing really hard.
Old 10-19-01, 11:09 PM

Originally posted by bothanspy
Mondler??!! WTF! I really enjoy Friends (seen all the episodes) but those people on that Friends board are a little over the top. "The last time we saw the whole gang together was three days before the wedding." Nuts and a little disturbing.

SPY
Their site is a fanatic site just like this one is...what do you expect? Some of them may consider some of us "over the top" with our in-depth dvd discussions...to each his own

Last edited by noleman; 10-19-01 at 11:11 PM.
Old 10-20-01, 01:27 AM

Originally posted by tofubomb
this was the funniest new episode that i've seen in a long time.
"i was backpacking in western europe . . ." i hate how they didn't tell us the whole story though.
Yeah, they never told us why that girl was crying.

J
Old 10-20-01, 01:37 AM

"The sky is blue, Ross, and I had sex yesterday."
Old 10-20-01, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Is it just me or has Joey had sex in every episode since forever?