TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor 10/18

Old 10-18-01, 08:41 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Survivor 10/18

Why'd they have to pull that
Spoiler:
cow blood crap? Now we're gonna have to hear from PETA again. And they thought Skupin putting blood on his FACE was bad. At least he didn't drink it down.

Spoiler:
Cow's blood good!

Frankie, you're one messed up monster.

Fire bad!

Last edited by Static Cling; 10-18-01 at 09:04 PM.
Old 10-18-01, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

You might wanna put this in spoilers...

I thought it was hilarious (in how odd it was) how
Spoiler:
the girl who lost the tie breaker continued to drink the blood eventhough she KNEW that they had lost
Old 10-18-01, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm just glad I didn't have to drink all that blood (wonder if anyone is a wannabe cow vampire...). Yuck.
Old 10-18-01, 08:50 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally posted by Wazootyman
You might wanna put this in spoilers...

I thought it was hilarious (in how odd it was) how
Spoiler:
the girl who lost the tie breaker continued to drink the blood eventhough she KNEW that they had lost
Maybe she just wanted to show that she had it in her. It's like finishing a footrace, even though you know you're not going to be first. Since the camera kept looking at
Spoiler:
Kelly
right before they went to tribal council, I'm thinking she stays (classic Survivor misdirection). I'm guessing
Spoiler:
Jessie
goes.

Edit: Man, I'm good.

Last edited by Static Cling; 10-18-01 at 08:55 PM.
Old 10-18-01, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

My guess who gets the boot is
Spoiler:
Kim Johnson
Old 10-18-01, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

WTF did they vote
Spoiler:
Jessie
off for? Did she do something in the first 30 minutes that I missed?
Old 10-18-01, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, the luxury challenge was a heartbreaker for
Spoiler:
Boran
, and the immunity was another close call.

Oh, darn!
Spoiler:
Jessie
just got the boot! Ugh!
Old 10-18-01, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by cartman
WTF did they vote
Spoiler:
Jessie
off for? Did she do something in the first 30 minutes that I missed?
She was just weak and throwing up and all that. Well, there goes some eye candy.
Old 10-18-01, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Patman

She was just weak and throwing up and all that.
Ew. I guess I missed that bit...
Old 10-18-01, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I haven't watch 10/18 yet. But last night I saw what looked like a Survivor episode. My TIVO didn't record it on the season pass because it wasn't scheduled and it wasn't on the TV Guide listing. Did anyone catch it? Was it an entire show? It showed Africa and some of the locals and a shack with the name Survivor painted on it. That was all that I saw.
Old 10-18-01, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

jessie was the best girl on there anyone else see that frank=mike from survivor 2, they've typecasted these roles pretty close to the other seasons, so far this cast of people don't seem as interesting as season 2 though, plus the location is pretty boring, they should have put them in a jungle or something
Old 10-19-01, 12:52 AM

Originally posted by Blaster1
jessie was the best girl on there anyone else see that frank=mike from survivor 2, they've typecasted these roles pretty close to the other seasons, so far this cast of people don't seem as interesting as season 2 though, plus the location is pretty boring, they should have put them in a jungle or something
I was thinking the same thing. When I saw Frank put blood on his face, I was thinking...man, what a poser.
Old 10-19-01, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Damn! Jessie was the hottest girl on there
Old 10-19-01, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

And the preview showed Boran people almost naked for next episode only now, that Jessie's gone!

Actually, from the previews and the admission video, I expected her to be much hotter than she actually turned out to be. She was definitely a nice girl, but much less tougher and "latin spirited" than she claimed (or was hoping) to be...
Old 10-19-01, 04:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Goat Farmer all the way!
Old 10-19-01, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Frankly, I don't care how PETA will handle themselves in light of last night's episode of Survivor.

You have to admit, drinking all that blood had to be pretty gross. I can't believe Kelly went ahead and drank the rest of the glass of blood after Linda had beaten her in the chug-a-blood contest.

I think Jessie got the boot because she was puking and stinking up the joint.

It does not bode well for female contestants of this Survivor or futre Survivor shows, especially in the early go-round. Most are focused in keeping the physically strong so they can get to the combined tribe with a larger majority within the combined tribe.

I'm still surprised there is no (vote) penalty for Kim Johnson for slipping at the end of the luxury challenge. I don't fault Kelly for not winning the chug-a-blood contest, you can't control your gag reflex in the heat of battle.

It seems Tom wants to make Clarence his whipping boy (he's oh so subtle with his "C.B." votes). If I were Clarence, I've stick Tom with a vote just for kicks.

I've started calling team Boran "Team Moron" (it makes it easier to separate the 2 teams in my head). I don't think Team Moron got weaker with their ejection of Jessie, but the viewers did lose some eye candy, and humor factor with her constant puking, of which Mark Burnett had no restraint in showing the viewers. Now we're saddled with Tom the hillbilly for most of the humor on Team Moron.

Team Sanburo is totally in the driver seat. It's possible that they may not lose more than 2 people going into the combined tribes because Team Moron is so inept so far, and getting weaker every challenge.

I do think Carl and Frank overplayed their hand with Silas way too early because Silas is a snake, he appears to be a Colby (but with a libido).
Old 10-19-01, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Why didn't they get rid of the older woman who tripped ?
They could always get rid of Jessie later.

The Moron, I mean Boran tribe really sucks. They can't win anything. They are going to get picked off after they merge.

I'm sick of Tom and his messages to Clarence.

This group definatley has it much harder than the previous 2 groups.
They are in the middle of nowhere, with just about no water and no shelter.
The challenges they are doing are much much harder too.

Both of the first 2 groups were camped right near large bodies of water.
I also think they pick these characters to match previous shows:

Frank=Mike
Brandon=Rich
Teresa=Tina
Tom=Rudy
Silas=Colby

This is from the Survivor website for next week's show:

While one tribe member is caught between loyalties to two factions within the tribe, another tribe member takes the opportunity to cook more food for his "friends" while his "enemies" are at the water hole.

Clarence isn't that stupid is he ?
Old 10-19-01, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Patman
I've started calling team Boran "Team Moron" (it makes it easier to separate the 2 teams in my head).
Patman,

Great minds think alike.
(see my post below yours)

Old 10-19-01, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

does anybody else think that tom writes "C.B." simply because he can't spell "Clarence" ???
Old 10-19-01, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by RoyalTea
does anybody else think that tom writes "C.B." simply because he can't spell "Clarence" ???
Definitely.
Old 10-19-01, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Boran=toast....they're gonners..

As far as the blood thing goes...I think that drinking it was the best thing for the Boran tribe....it is probably the most nutrient rich meal they have had in the first 6 days...I say drink up!!
Old 10-19-01, 09:59 AM

Well, the spoiler sites were WAY off on this one. That'll teach me to use them when playing pick-em/deadpool (see link below).

The game has a serious flaw though, and it's starting to become apparent. Each time, more or less the same thing happens: one team gets weaker and weaker as they lose members and challenges, while the other gets stronger. If they don't change the formula a bit I may not be watching Survivor 4.
Old 10-19-01, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would have voted off Jessie as well. Definitely a weak link and they can't afford a 3rd loss in a row. She wasn't that attractive either.

The cow thing was awesome. I hope PETA gets all bent out of shape about it. I'd like to see their members go face to face with the members of a tribe which have been doing this for thousands of years. Of course, PETA will lame out and probably just comdemn CBS for it.
Old 10-19-01, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Groucho
The game has a serious flaw though, and it's starting to become apparent. Each time, more or less the same thing happens: one team gets weaker and weaker as they lose members and challenges, while the other gets stronger. If they don't change the formula a bit I may not be watching Survivor 4.
The problem is having a "diverse" sample of cast-aways. The older/weaker players don't really have a chance anymore. They'll need to either choose a more homogeneous group of physically fit contestants, or make the challenges less dependent on athleticism.
Old 10-19-01, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Why did they have to ruin a perfectly good drink by adding milk?

EWW MILK!!!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.