DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   HELP! VCR failed to record 10/11 Friends (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/151124-help-vcr-failed-record-10-11-friends.html)

WarriorPrincess 10-16-01 09:56 PM

HELP! VCR failed to record 10/11 Friends

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction to find a copy of the episode online somewhere - or if anyone can mail me a copy I'd be happy to pay for shipping, etc. I was on vacation and all the shows that recorded at my mom's house (NBC) didn't record - so I missed West Wing, Law and Order, Friends and Will & Grace.

None of the others is that big a deal (though I'd like to see West Wing too if at all possible - season opener and all) - but I REALLY want to see Friends.

So what do you say, guys? Can anyone help me please?

Venusian 10-16-01 11:32 PM

you have a fast internet connection? you can download it. try edonkey or irc. if you can't find it there i can send you a copy

WarriorPrincess 10-17-01 12:14 AM

Originally posted by Venusian
you have a fast internet connection? you can download it. try edonkey or irc. if you can't find it there i can send you a copy
Thanks Venusian! I tried the two places you mentioned - I couldn't find it at edonkey, and irc just confuses me...:( I do have a dsl, but it's been slow lately - keep meaning to call them about it, but don't have 2 hours to be on hold. I'll look again tomorrow, and if I can't find it, I'll take you up on your kind offer. :)

RandyC 10-17-01 02:47 AM

I have it on Tivo and can transfer it to VHS if you want.

email me at [email protected]

TheEdge21 10-17-01 09:23 AM

not to go off the topic, but what is edonkey?

Groucho 10-17-01 09:24 AM

That's too bad. I hope nobody has spoiled the episode and revealed that Chandler died.

GuessWho 10-17-01 10:06 AM

Check here in a few days:
http://www.thecfsi.com/

They post every script to every episode

Spicollidriver1 10-17-01 03:50 PM

Gotta get a tivo man.

Venusian 10-17-01 04:16 PM

www.edonkey2000.com

its like napster/aimster/kazaa/morpheus/imesh, etc. you can find a lot of tv shows on there though, and it downloads from multiple sources at one time so is supposedly faster

WarriorPrincess 10-18-01 12:54 AM

I just wanted to thank all of you guys for your help, especially Randy and Venusian, two outstandingly wonderful people! :D I've got a copy on the way. :) Thanks again, guys, you're the best.

caipirina 10-18-01 01:04 AM

what ?? was there a new episode ??

gotta shot my TiVo then ... it now records extrem silly stuff (like "the making of stuart little" from the latino HBO channel - yeah .. in spanish ) but it misses out on that ?? and i thought i gave a triple tumbs up to the show !!! danG !!!!

RandyC 10-18-01 01:06 AM

Originally posted by caipirina
what ?? was there a new episode ??

gotta shot my TiVo then ... it now records extrem silly stuff (like "the making of stuart little" from the latino HBO channel - yeah .. in spanish ) but it misses out on that ?? and i thought i gave a triple tumbs up to the show !!! danG !!!!

The :thumbsup: is not what you should use, that is better for the filler shows. But those shows are erased to make room as it copies something new.

You want to use the Season Pass and tell it to tape all NEW episodes and KEEP them until you delete them.

caipirina 10-18-01 01:13 AM

ok .. i just realized that i missed 3 new episodes of friend s..

my ex GF must have been messing with my TiVo big time .. it has no idea what to record now .. no kidding .. i get the funniest cooking shows now !!!

so if there is anyone in the NY area willing to send me those 3 shows ??? i bet we can work something out !!!

caipirina 10-18-01 01:19 AM

randyc (what is a melonator ?? )

well .. before there was the season pass option, best thing was to put a tripple thumbs up .,. and it still haunts me with star trek and married with children ... looks like i forgot to make a season pass for the new seasn .. (or my ex deleted it .. she really knows how to handle that thing)

anyways .. i guyess my tivo is now super confused .. i mean, what to do .. it kept recording the matrix and tons of stuff i have on DVD already ... so .. to prevent it from doing it .. i had to give it thumbs down ... now TiVo thinks i hate sci fi !!!

grrrr

SnoopDogg 10-18-01 02:05 AM

I think there is an option to restart to OG config isnt there?

caipirina 10-19-01 05:38 PM

Warrior Princess: since I was in a very similar dilemma, I fired up IRC again, and I totally understand your confusion ... but I found the right place to go and what to do there

If you are in trouble ever again, contact me and I will tell you how :)

P

WarriorPrincess 10-19-01 06:25 PM

Thanks Caipirina, ygm! :)

MyNameIsFree 10-19-01 11:13 PM

Originally posted by Spicollidriver1
Gotta get a tivo man.
Monica and Chandler have a TiVo. Anyone notice it in the background? I think it was the Sony model.

Venusian 10-20-01 03:26 PM

Originally posted by MyNameIsFree

Monica and Chandler have a TiVo. Anyone notice it in the background? I think it was the Sony model.

yes, sadly I noticed this as well

Venusian 10-20-01 03:27 PM

does anyone still need a copy that is on a fast connection?