TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville 10/16

Old 10-19-01, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
For those who missed the last 10 minutes of the show:

Here's a synopsis:

Clark runs back towards the high school dance, but not before the kryptonite necklace around his neck falls on the ground when Lex loosens the ropes on Clark. Lex finds the K-necklace.

Clark makes it back to the high school dance where Mr. Electricity is setting people up for a big shock on the outside of the high school gyn/auditorium, he's planning on turning the sprinklers on all of the people at the dance. Clark confronts him, they struggle. Clark throws Mr. Electricity towards an old beat-up truck, and Mr. Electricity uses his power to turn on the truck, gets in the truck, and runs over Clark, but Clark hangs on to the front of the truck and finally Clark gets run into a building, but he's not hurt. Going through the walls, water pipes are broken, and the water comes rushing out, and this short-circuits Mr. Electricity, and once the last vestige of electricity is zapped out of him while sitting in the car, he's basically like an amnesiac, not cognizant of what has happened to him in the last 12 years. But he seems to be been restored back to "normal".

Clark goes inside and sees Lana kissing the jock who led the others in getting him tied up as the scarecrow in the fields. Lana and the jock were king and queen of the dance. Clark silently fumes, goes outside and spots, in the parking lot, the trucks of the high school jocks who tied him up and put him in the corn fields with the red "S" on his chest, and smirks into the camera. The next scene has the jocks come out of the high school dance, and there's 3 trucks stacked right on top on one another.

Clark goes home, looks into his telescope, his father tells him that his grandfather gave him the telescope when he was Clark's age. His father asked Clark how he's doing, and Clark asks if he can tell him 5 years from now. Clark tells his father that he's glad they found him, and his father, who'd walked down from the attic in the barn, looks up, and tells Clark that Clark found them. Clark looks down, and smiles broadly at his father.

Clark looks into the telescope, and then abruptly Lana shows up from the dance and saves him the last dance, and they dance briefly in his "attic", but it's just a daydream which he snaps out of when the noise of teenagers in cars dropping off Lana in the front of her house. Clark whispers, "Thank you, Lana", at that point, Lana looks towards Clark's direction from afar, though not quite knowing that she sees him, but seems to sense him looking at her from afar. It was kind of a sweet moment.

The camera pan up to the stars and that's where the credits starting rolling.
Old 10-19-01, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Patman.
Old 10-19-01, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Wow, I jsut got finsihed watching the show, and i must say i'm very very impressed. I missed the first 20 minutes (stupid wb affiliate) ... But what i saw of the episode is VERY Nice.

The shot of Clark infront of the angel statue, siloueting wings behind him, was such a great shot. and the show doesn't pull a punch, it doesn't treat itself as just another teen WB show. Perfect.

I think this show has the most potential of any new series this year, Hopefully it will get the respect and support from the WB that it deserves.
Old 10-20-01, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I taped Smallville because I was watching Frasier and Scrubs and finally had time to watch it today.

Anyone notice that Clark's mother is played by the same actress that played Lana Lang in Superman III??

Very cool ! First thing I noticed in the show. Show is ok so far, I am half was thru.

I dont like the whole Luthor in Smallville thing. I don't like when they change things (hint hint Batgirl is not Alfred's niece "Batman & Robin" movie).
Old 10-20-01, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I don't think the Lana lang actress coincidence went by anyone... But am i wrong in thinking thats luke duke playing Pa kent?
Old 10-22-01, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by ClarkKentKY
I don't think the Lana lang actress coincidence went by anyone... But am i wrong in thinking thats luke duke playing Pa kent?
Bo

das
Old 10-22-01, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I watched my tape of the premiere episode once again last night before I taped over it for this week's new shows, and I was struck by Clark and Lana's short conversation in the cemetary and how awfully real it sounded. The line that struck me went something like, "Lana, do you ever think your life was meant to be something else?" and of course since Lana was orphaned due to the meteors hitting her parents, she knew what he meant. And Clark is also an orphan, albeit, a cosmic orphan, but nonetheless, understands the pain that Lana went through. It just lays the groundwork for their relationship that was built on a deeper kind of understanding. It just played right to me.
Old 05-05-08, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 128 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by das Monkey
I enjoyed it enough, but it's too WBish for me right now. Lana is too exotic for the real Superman storyline, and I don't like the idea of them planting this "cheating on her big bad high school jock boyfriend" idea so early. I'm not going to find it easy to like her if she has no integrity. Why's she dating this guy if he's such a jerkoff? And if she's so wonderful, she better not hook up with Kent before breaking it off with the jock.
How's that working out for you?