Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Official Survivordeadpool Thread!!!!!

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 10-16-01, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the official survivordead pool thread:

We should all be on the same page if we are going to win this sucker.

www.survivordeadpool.com

Current Standing:

Alliance Scores
Overall Score 110.54
Alliance Standing 27 of 216 alliances

Scoring:
Scoring System
Correct Voted Off Pick 50 points + bonus
Correct Immunity Pick 15 points + bonus
Correct Stay On Pick 10 points + bonus
Correct Extra Pick 10 points + bonus

Bonus Points
Voted Off Bonus 100 points minus the percentage of Deadpool players who made the same pick
Immunity Bonus (100 points minus the percentage of players who made the same pick) divided by 5
Stay On Bonus (100 points minus the percentage of players who made the same pick) divided by 10
Extra Bonus (100 points minus the percentage of players who made the same pick) divided by 10

Negative Points
Stay On pick is voted off -50 points
Immunity pick voted off -25 points (only applicable after tribes merge)
Voted Off pick wins immunity -15 points (only applicable after tribes merge)

Scaling
Scaled scores are calculated by taking the total overall weekly score and dividing it by the episode number, counting backwards from 13. (We counted backwards from 14 for Survivor 2, which featured an extra episode.)

Thus, scores from episode 1 (airing Oct. 11, 2001) are divided by 13; scores from episode 2 are divided by 12, and so on. This weighting gives greater value to scores from later in the game.

Final Episode
For the final episode, the final four Survivors presumably will be winnowed down to the winning Sole Survivor. Scoring for this episode will be conducted differently from previous weeks. Scoring rules for the final episode will be announced by the Deadpool no later than the previous week's episode.

Invite all your friends. Let us know who you are voting for. Let us make this strong.

Last edited by thejammy; 11-01-01 at 04:19 PM.
Old 10-17-01, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Actually they did update the scores. They had a bad algorithm which did not correlate properly the spoiled/unspoiled players. For example we had two unspoiled players in our team who didn't get the bootee correctly but had more points overall than the "spoiled"/regular people who did get it right.

Right now we have 108.46 points and we are 42 of 215 alliances.

I was going to use this thread for strategy discussions, but I guess any thread will be fine. I will post tomorrow info gathered from various spoiling groups.
Old 10-18-01, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Tough one

This week is pretty hard to predict...
The spoiler sites seem to predict Linda being booted off following Samburu's loss in IC (which is a blood drinking contest). The RC will probably be won by Samburu.

While it makes sense from the previews that Boran wins IC (all the previews showed strategizing between the Samburu guys which will be totally irrelevant if they win IC), it's not clear who goes. Linda, although a potentially formidable contestant, doesn't seem to have bonded with almost anyone. Brandon, the more obvious target, may get lucky this week. Frank which many people seem to hate (on the boards) is actually one of my favourites to stay in the game, at least for several more weeks.

Personally I would vote Brandon off, if I were Samburu. But if Linda's complaining about alliances is known to the others, they may all decide to get rid of her, to avoid further tensions...

Any other thoughts?
Old 10-18-01, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

so what spoiler sites are you talking about.

I have to change my vote to see which way it is going to go. I will change my vote to yours and see if those spoiler sites are true.
Old 10-18-01, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by thejammy

so what spoiler sites are you talking about.

I have to change my vote to see which way it is going to go. I will change my vote to yours and see if those spoiler sites are true.

I would not advise you either way because the votes are uniformly split between Brandon and Linda going.

You can check:

www.survivorfever.net - Brandon

www.survivornews.net - Brandon

EBT (ellipsiiis brain trust) - the best (although very controversial) spoiler group has just died, or has split... The prediction posted at their site www.ellipsiiis.com is more like a joke to be taken seriously. Anyway they predict Linda to go.

ACME Brain Trust - the emerging new group from the EBT split, posted their picks here: http://votedoff.tv/board/showflat.ph...s&Number=14448

You need to register to read the post. But the board is worth checking out. They pick Linda.

MESS Hall at survivorsucks: Linda

The survivorsucks boards are at: http://pub53.ezboard.com/bsurvivorsucks

You can check the organized Mess threads or the disorganized but with various info, Spoiler threads.

I don't know if I missed anyone...

Oh I forgot the www.surviiivor.com site which seems to be down now. They were the public frontend for ellipsiiis so I guess they were affected by the split. They were inclining towards Linda before site went down

Last edited by Gandalf; 10-18-01 at 04:59 PM.
Old 10-19-01, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well... tonights episode goes to prove how much you can trust the spoiling "art" and the corresponding sites at this stage of the game. After the merge, it's pretty much a science, you can almost entirely sure of the result. But at this stage... everybody knew (or it was widely believed, anyway) that Kelly and Linda will be the tiebreaker drinkers, with bigger glasses and pure blood, all this from the previews. Nobody could imagine Linda beating Kell, the girl just coming out of frat/sorrority parties at a drinking contest...
Old 10-19-01, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Gandalf
Well... tonights episode goes to prove how much you can trust the spoiling "art" and the corresponding sites at this stage of the game. After the merge, it's pretty much a science, you can almost entirely sure of the result. But at this stage... everybody knew (or it was widely believed, anyway) that Kelly and Linda will be the tiebreaker drinkers, with bigger glasses and pure blood, all this from the previews. Nobody could imagine Linda beating Kell, the girl just coming out of frat/sorrority parties at a drinking contest...
That is too funny. I think linda is going to slip under the radar. She seems like the only one who has been to africa before. So, as long as she doens't make too many waves we will see. But as far as that whole alliance thing on Samburu OMG! I would hate to be that girl who is making pacts with silas.

Silas is the first one out during the merge.
Old 10-23-01, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Although it looks like it's only me and thejammy reading this thread, I'll try to get some thoughts here from people interested in playing the deadpool/yahoo game.
I try to stay away from posting on the spoiler boards, because people there have way too much time to analyze things, and if I start doing that myself...

I do, however, try to keep an eye on the rumours or general opinion about what's going to happen.

So, here's a quick summary:

One of the challenge involves pushing a dung ball around. This is what presumably gives the title's episode ("The gods are angry") as the challenge resembles Sisyphus' legend who was condemned to push a heavy ball up a mountain for all eternity. Also Sisyphus is the name of a dung beetle in Africa... Other speculation about the title involves Boran losing for a third time, but also Samburu losing someone (Lindsey through injury) as a result of the disrespect towards "Mother Africa". Believe what you like

While it was widely believed that this challenge is IC, now people seem to start considering this as being RC. The preview also seems to indicate Boran in the lead which, together with some post-challenge shots, seem to lead people to believe that Boran wins this one. I don't necessarily disagree, but there are inconsistencies in the photos that are analyzed so this conclusion is not as straightforward as some try to make it.

Another idea was that the "Boran strips it all" snippet is a result of them winning RC which gave them soap and shampoo....

Right now I am leaning towards a third Samburu IC win. RC may go to Boran.
Old 10-23-01, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Separately, there is a growing rumour that instead of a merge after episode 6, there will be a 3-way split at some point in the game.
This rumour seems more likely in the event of Boran losing first 4 IC's and the split would occur in ep.5.

Interestingly enough, episode 5 is called "The Twist" and here is its description from CBS:

You've seen the show
And think you know the game
But this being Survivor
Things aren't always the same
So tune in to see
Who's the one they dismiss
This is definitely the episode
You don't want to miss

Personally I am convinced there will be some "twist" added to the rules, but I don't think yet that it will be as drastic as a 3-way split.

Episode 4 is called "The Young and the Untrusted":
a member of the
Samburu tribe cracks under pressure as the generation gap continues
to split loyalties among the young and old. Meanwhile 2 members of Boran tribe who are especially nervous about being the
next to be voted out of the tribe make separate attempts to stay in
the game. A trip to the watering hole becomes a dangerous
stand-off with an animal known to be one of the deadliest in the
area.
Old 10-24-01, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just signed up...good luck to all!!
Old 10-24-01, 09:56 PM
Zee

The preview for Ep 4 talks about two members of the Boran tribe fearing being voted off... the most obvious assumption is that the two would Kelly and Kim. Assuming that that is true, is it safe to say that Samburu goes to TC Episode 3? I just don't think that Clarence will get the boot Ep 3, and I can't see under -any- circumstances Lex, Ethan, or Tom going (although I've seen a great strategy posted somewhere in which Ethan rallies with the girls and C to boot Tom).

Also, vidcap analysis suggests Boran wins the boulder rolling challenge, which I guess we can assume is the IC. I'm thinking all signs point (so far) towards a Samburu TC... most likely with a Brandon boot. Since Lindsey's featured in the preview, we can honestly say that it's not likely she'll go just -yet- (in typical MB editing fashion). If Silas decides to vote with the "Mall Alliance", you can look for a Frank or a Linda boot... but I'm not so sure what he's thinking right now. If in the circumstance that Boran DOES go to TC, I'd say that Kelly gets the majority vote. She doesn't cook for the men like Kim J, and she always seems a little distant socially. Plus, you -know- those boys want to see more of Mama Kim in a thong.

So it looks like so far, unfortunately, I'm gonna have to say that Brandon ends up packing his bags. It's too bad, cus he's so darn cute.

(Edited because for some reason, the font increased in the second paragraph.)
Old 10-24-01, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Zee

Also, vidcap analysis suggests Boran wins the boulder rolling challenge, which I guess we can assume is the IC. I'm thinking all signs point (so far) towards a Samburu TC... most likely with a Brandon boot. Since Lindsey's featured in the preview, we can honestly say that it's not likely she'll go just -yet- (in typical MB editing fashion). If Silas decides to vote with the "Mall Alliance", you can look for a Frank or a Linda boot... but I'm not so sure what he's thinking right now. If in the circumstance that Boran DOES go to TC, I'd say that Kelly gets the majority vote. She doesn't cook for the men like Kim J, and she always seems a little distant socially. Plus, you -know- those boys want to see more of Mama Kim in a thong.

What you said made sense. But, unfortunately so does almost any other interpretation at this point, without clear proof of who wins IC.
I would say that the ep.4 description may be misleading the same way the one for episode 2 was. The fact that two members from Boran are afraid that episode, it doesn't mean that they necessarily go to the TC that night.

Brandon looks like the obvious voted out in case of Samburu going to TC. However, if Silas votes with the Mall people, there will more than likely be 4-4 tie. I am sure no-one of the Mall people will change their vote (maybe Silas, but that would not be smart at that point). Maybe Teresa can be swayed towards the younger people however. Or we may have a standoff in which case... I have no idea what the rules will be? Some special IC between the two nominees? Anything may happen then.

Maybe some more hints will come from the new preview from tomorrow morning...
Old 10-25-01, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, I already placed my votes, since yesterday or early morning, but here's the latest "news" that may swing some opinions:

From ET Online:

October 25, 2001 | Tonight's "Survivor:
Africa" reward challenge is for 100 gallons of clean drinking water. This essential win must be earned in a race with a boulder. Last week,
dehydration left deputy sheriff JESSIE weak, causing her to be
the second Boran tribemate to be booted out of Africa.
Old 10-26-01, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Boy do I suck....way to go...
Old 10-26-01, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Okay people here it is:

We should pick a date that we reveal who we voted for. If you feel that you wanna stick with one person's vote then by all means.

I got my co-worker involved and when I get my cable modem going I will get my gf to vote and join our alliance.

I pick Wednesday:VOTES REVEALED DAY.

I think it would be good.

Thoughts anyone.
Old 10-26-01, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Okay people here it is:

We should pick a date that we reveal who we voted for. If you feel that you wanna stick with one person's vote then by all means.

I got my co-worker involved and when I get my cable modem going I will get my gf to vote and join our alliance.

I pick Wednesday:VOTES REVEALED DAY.

I think it would be good.

Thoughts anyone.
Sounds great to me....you obviously don't want me picking on my own anymore...
Old 10-26-01, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I would like everyone to post, yes even you cheddarmuff

I don't care how bad someone does. Cmon now. As long as you watch the show you have the best guess as anyone the alliance.
Old 10-26-01, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wednesday is fine with me. I may still change my votes on thursday afternoon if more info comes by . I wish I did this this week. As I found out that the challenges were reversed, I should've figured Boran may get them both. I was probably sucked into the "Samburu sweep" idea...

Anyway, I think the show (and the predictions games) become more and more interesting.
Old 10-27-01, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My early pick for next week is: Linda with Boran to gain immunity.

I think it's going to be fairly obvious that if Boran wins immunity that one of the 3 old people in Samburu (Teresa, Linda, Frank) will be booted out.

As for Boran, I have no idea other than Kelly (which I hope she stays around a while...gotta have some eye candy )
Old 10-31-01, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Have we reached a concensis yet?? (jammy...you seem to have the knack lately)
Old 10-31-01, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

okay
Here are my picks

It sounds like both challenges are physical.

So here is my vote:

Off-Frank
Not Off-Lex
Immunity-Boran
Old 10-31-01, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

okay
Here are my picks

It sounds like both challenges are physical.

So here is my vote:

Off-Frank
Not Off-Lex
Immunity-Boran
Not to question the wisdom of a Greek God...but do you think they would vote of Frank before Linda or someone who can't help them on future challenges (woman)??
Old 10-31-01, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

you know i am glad you mentioned that. My co-worker was thinking the same. but the reason i said frank, is because he is such a mongrel on their ass. I think they would have voted his ass off before, but Dr. Dentist man was talking about his riches and driving a porsche. hehe

So, I am torn this week. Linda, made fun of that girl when her stomach was cramping. Broke her leg or whatever. I have no idea.

So it is a toss up. Good with your instincts. It is just a game. I think frank is off becuase they are too stupid. Unless Silas interjects. The smart thing for Frank's alliance is to vote on Silas. There reason being is he will never win the million with 3 votes against him. Tie breakers are a bitch.
Old 10-31-01, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The smart thing for Frank's alliance is to vote on Silas. There reason being is he will never win the million with 3 votes against him. Tie breakers are a bitch.
I agree, they should do their best to get "votes" against the others so they lose by default in future ties...that's one way to leave a dying legacy..
Old 11-01-01, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So cheddarmuff who are you voting for, cmon tally it up.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.