DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Angel 10/15/01 spoilers of course (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/150828-angel-10-15-01-spoilers-course.html)

spainlinx0 10-16-01 01:08 AM

Angel 10/15/01 spoilers of course

So what did everyone think of this episode?

spainlinx0 10-16-01 01:09 AM

Personally I thought it was pretty damn funny, and entertaining throughout. The one qualm I DID have with this show is when Angel wakes up from being knocked out. Why does he automatically go to the mirror? He's a vampire and we know he NEVER looks in mirrors, so why would he go straight there FIRST?

HN 10-16-01 02:36 AM

for me, it's no longer "Angel" but rather "The Fred Show" :D

--HN

MrN 10-16-01 02:58 AM

Similarities to 'Tale of the Body Thief' aside, great episode. Good balance of humor and suspense. Random late night thoughts here....

I was one of the people who didn't like the last episode with Gunn and it looks my prediction that it affected nothing came true. It didn't even get a mention in the introduction.

I loved how they advanced all the storylines with this episode. Most shocking moment had to be when Angel bit whatshername.

About the only thing I missed is Darla - can't wait for her to get to LA.

Hopefully Fred is over Angel now. The unrequited Spike/Buffy thing is enough for me. Speaking of which, whatever happened to Wesley's girl?

So, is Angel going to Sunnydale next week?

Patman 10-16-01 07:38 AM

Re: Angel 10/15/01

So, are we going to be treated to "phone calls" between Angel and Buffy (and being shown one-sided phone conversations) now that he knows she's alive? Or is there a possibility of character crossovers between the 2 shows, now on different networks?

Damn, Fred's a sweetheart. I felt really bad for her when she saw "Angel" and Lilah getting busy on Wesley's desk.

I thought it was fun to see Boreanaz get to play out of his "Angel" skin for an episode, we never do get to see that side of him.

Xander 10-16-01 09:27 AM

Originally posted by spainlinx0
Personally I thought it was pretty damn funny, and entertaining throughout. The one qualm I DID have with this show is when Angel wakes up from being knocked out. Why does he automatically go to the mirror? He's a vampire and we know he NEVER looks in mirrors, so why would he go straight there FIRST?
Maybe he suspected that something funny was going on since the guy was doing all the chanting? Then his body felt funny (heart beating, limbs feel weak) so he goes to the mirror to see if he can see what's wrong? Didn't really bother me.

I liked this ep. Felt bad for Fred, liked Lilah getting chomped. Wesley's girlfriend Virginia broke up with him towards the end of last season. Just before all of the Pylea stuff started, I think.

Really bummed, but especially with the recent falling out between Fox and WB, I don't think Angel will be in Sunnydale next week. It will probably all be done through phone calls, if it is addressed much at all.

X

tofu 10-16-01 10:24 AM

Originally posted by HN
for me, it's no longer "Angel" but rather "The Fred Show" :D

--HN

for me, it's always been the cordelia chase show :D

funny episode. kinda felt bad for fred near the end of the show.

speaking of wesley's girl, did you guys know that in real life he's dating alyson hannigon (willow)? i just found out.

Patman 10-16-01 10:33 AM

Found out about Alyson and Alexis on the E! Celebrity Adventure show. It was wierd to hear Alexis (Wesley) with a normal non-Brit accent.

The other thing that was funny on last night's Angel was when "possessed" Angel concluded that Angel was gay and mistook Wesley for "Fred", his gay lover wannabe. nabe.

Slumbering Fist 10-16-01 03:40 PM

I was very entertained. Best episode so far this season. I've always liked how Boreanez can be brooding and then do a 180 to goofy, which last night episode used to great effect.

I think after 250 odd years of being dead, Angel automatically knew he was stuck in a human body, so thats why he went to the mirror. His reaction was "Okay, I'm alive. Who am I?" so he checked the mirror, unsurprised to see a reflection.

Hooray for Fred and the baseball bat.

Oh yeah, and, even though Angel has enough regular characters, I still wish they would bring back Doyle, just for a few episodes. I know it wont happen, but I still miss the guy.