Reload this Page >

How 'bout that FELICITY premiere?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 10-11-01, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Somehow this show that could be very old by now still seems to breathe new life into its characters. They almost lost me the second season, but it's been pretty good since they lightened things up.

JJ Abrams really has some good writing between Felicity and Alias.

I liked the premiere of Felicity this season, though there wasn't too much new. It set up for the coming season and just seems to be a good show. What do you think?
Old 10-11-01, 01:56 PM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

I've watched Felicity since episode uno ... last night was painful. Why o' why can't they let go of the Ben/Felicity/Noel triangle? Why have Felicity lie to her dad AGAIN (after spending an hour working our way to a resolution between them)? How 90210 and completely ackward was the ending? How does Ben, who can't utter a complete sentence, think he's going to be a DOCTOR? Bricklayer would be iffy. How come after showing us how much Felicity has GROWN UP since the show started, is she acting 10 years old again (calling Noel for a pep talk mid-dinner?!) Why does every line of dialogue have to be WHISPERED!?! I'm addicted to this nonsense, so I'll keep watching. Doesn't mean I won't be annoyed they're ruining what's been a smart and fun show.
Old 10-11-01, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by G. Noel Gross
I've watched Felicity since episode uno ... last night was painful. Why o' why can't they let go of the Ben/Felicity/Noel triangle? Why have Felicity lie to her dad AGAIN (after spending an hour working our way to a resolution between them)? How 90210 and completely ackward was the ending?
Funny you should mention this. John Eisendrath (from 90210) ran Felicity last year and this year his girlfriend is running the show.

Get ready for this season of Felicity to be less and less smart/funny/introspective and more and more 90210-ish...
Old 10-11-01, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by G. Noel Gross
How does Ben, who can't utter a complete sentence, think he's going to be a DOCTOR? Bricklayer would be iffy. How come after showing us how much Felicity has GROWN UP since the show started, is she acting 10 years old again (calling Noel for a pep talk mid-dinner?!) Why does every line of dialogue have to be WHISPERED!?!
I agree with you completely! I've watched it from pretty early on. And DAMN why do they always WHISPER?!?!? That has always driven me nuts! Oh and Ben's lisp too!

And Ben a doctor?? Please! Although 18 Credit hours isn't that bad, I did that for 2 years studying for pre-dental, Ben has shown 0 intelligence!! Like you said, bricklayer is very iffy. Did Keri Russell gain her weight back?? I think she looks great this way, but last year, she was getting anorexic.
I'm also addicted, and I'm just glad that it's back on.

Neitzl
Old 10-11-01, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Love the show. Best all-around cast next to West Wing for me.
Old 10-11-01, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I miss Amy Jo Johnson on this show. I was really impressed with how they handled her and the date rape storyline in the first season. Also, I miss the sort of humor from the 1st season finale "Finally" where they provided subtitles for the scenes when they were talking while studying in the library. They had the tone of collage life during finals down pat in that episode.

Now, it's all doom and gloom. Thought that Felicity had the worst parents in the world before, but her father got even worse in this last episode. I also think she if she was independent enough to ask to pay her own way through college, she should’ve been independent enough to tell her father the truth about her classes. And Ben, a doctor? Sure- that’ll happen. My guess is he drops his first class next week and winds up majoring in underwater basket weaving by the end of the season.

Oh yeah, and the show needs more Meagan!
Old 10-12-01, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Amy Jo is coming back.