DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   You'll NEVER Guess the Ending!!! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/149235-youll-never-guess-ending.html)

das Monkey 10-09-01 11:08 PM

You'll NEVER Guess the Ending!!!

Is it possible for NBC to advertise a show without this catch phrase?

Are they trying to drive me away from their shows? An ending so shocking, I'll never see it coming? Gee ... can't wait -rolleyes-

das

Goldberg74 10-09-01 11:14 PM

"All your base are"... you'll never guess the ending!

dave955 10-10-01 12:00 AM

The worst part is it almost makes the ending easier to guess, when they tell you that you can't guess it.

Jackskeleton 10-10-01 01:07 AM

How about "RIPPED FROM THE HEADLINES!!"

every other show has that tag line..

Damfino 10-10-01 02:17 AM

... on a very special _____________ (fill in show name)

JsphOfArimethia 10-10-01 07:18 AM

Re: You'll NEVER Guess the Ending!!!

Originally posted by das Monkey
Are they trying to drive me away from their shows

das

If it's a show you really like, then why are you letting the marketing buffoons get in your way. They have nothing to do with the show itself, and as long as the writers, actors, and producers are still doing their jobs, there should be no reason for you to tune out of a show you like. And if it's a show you don't like so much, then what's the downside of be driven away from it? :)

Of course I believe we've touched on this subject in a previous disscussion. I'l say now what I may or may not have said then, sift through it.

:)

be at peace, be one with the ball.
nanananana...

Wizdar 10-10-01 08:06 AM

Yah! What he said.

:D

BE the ball...

das Monkey 10-10-01 08:31 AM

Re: Re: You'll NEVER Guess the Ending!!!

Originally posted by JsphOfArimethia
If it's a show you really like, then why are you letting the marketing buffoons get in your way. They have nothing to do with the show itself, and as long as the writers, actors, and producers are still doing their jobs, there should be no reason for you to tune out of a show you like. And if it's a show you don't like so much, then what's the downside of be driven away from it? :)

Of course I believe we've touched on this subject in a previous disscussion. I'l say now what I may or may not have said then, sift through it.

:)

be at peace, be one with the ball.
nanananana...

Oh, don't worry about me be driven away from my shows. I don't believe anything I hear from marketing (see Biggest RAW Ever thread). It's just annoying more than anything else. If there's a 'surprise' of sorts, I don't want to know about it. In any case, I'm am most certainly <I>one with the TV.</I>

das

Wizdar 10-10-01 09:47 AM

BE the TV.

Nanananana...

:D

JsphOfArimethia 10-12-01 06:31 AM

Hey, you ran with my joke.:)

Thank you very little. :D

Derrich 10-12-01 07:33 AM

This weeks L&O would've been pretty good, but because of the goofy 'You'll never guess the ending' teaser, I wasn't even close to being surprised when the twist happened. Spoiled what could've bee a nice show.

D

huzefa 10-12-01 08:18 AM

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
How about "RIPPED FROM THE HEADLINES!!"

every other show has that tag line..

They only say that on Law&Order teasers. Haven't seen it anywhere else at all.

rabbit77 10-12-01 11:46 AM

Originally posted by huzefa

They only say that on Law&Order teasers. Haven't seen it anywhere else at all.

Yeah, but every other show is some form of L&O on NBC...