DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Reminder to watch the best show on T.V. Tommorow night. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/149082-reminder-watch-best-show-t-v-tommorow-night.html)

Sessa17 10-09-01 02:45 PM

Reminder to watch the best show on T.V. Tommorow night.

ED!

Filmed largely in my home town, it's by far the best show on television & a much needed light-hearted show right now. Also a large part of the first episode will be about Phillip Stubbs. There has been pretty much no advertising for the second season but tommorow night is the season premier.

Venusian 10-09-01 02:47 PM

but Wednesdays have Enterprise, Curb your Enthusiasm, and Family Guy (which i dont think is on right now)

Rascal 10-09-01 03:37 PM

This is a problem for me as well. I have satellite with one tuner, so I'm just about screwed. My sister in-law will help by taping Ed for now. I've been looking forward to this series since, well, the cliff hanger finale. :)

das Monkey 10-09-01 03:37 PM

Originally posted by Venusian
but Wednesdays have Enterprise, Curb your Enthusiasm, and Family Guy (which i dont think is on right now)
Curb Your Enthusiasm is on nearly every night, and Family Guy is on Thursdays.

das

P.S. I try not to thread crap, but the claim made in the Subject opens the door to criticism. So, I say to you ... Ed's not even the best show on Wednesday nights.

ClarkKentKY 10-09-01 03:53 PM

:yack:ED

Charlie Goose 10-09-01 04:33 PM

Originally posted by ClarkKentKY
:yack:ED
http://www.ameritech.net/users/dvdtalk/fist.gif Why I oughta...!

"Ed" rocks! It's definitely too quirky for a lot of people. That's exactly what I thought the first time I watched it, but now I am hooked.

Meatpants 10-09-01 04:35 PM

Re: Reminder to watch the best show on T.V. Tommorow night.

Originally posted by Sessa17
Reminder to watch the best show on T.V. Tomomorow night.

ED!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh man that's the funniest thing I've heard all day. Yeah, Ed was the best show on TV ten years ago when it was called Northern Exposure. :lol:

Eternia 10-09-01 04:50 PM

No thanks I plan on staring off into space instead.

ClarkKentKY 10-09-01 04:57 PM

Originally posted by Eternia
No thanks I plan on staring off into space instead.
So you ARE going to watch ed!

Venusian 10-09-01 05:06 PM

Originally posted by das Monkey

Curb Your Enthusiasm is on nearly every night, and Family Guy is on Thursdays.

oh yeah, forgot family guy was moved. HBO crapped out on Sunday so i must catch the rerun on wednesday

adamblast 10-09-01 05:09 PM

The show certainly has its charms, and I like it much better than some of the detractors here. But I did drop off during the 2nd half of last season... (Also, Phil Stubbs annoys the crap out of me, as does the high school kid...) In the end, it's too predictable, and the comparisons with Northern Exposure are more-or-less on target... Some intriguing characters, but not a lot else...

Eternia 10-09-01 05:17 PM

Originally posted by ClarkKentKY

So you ARE going to watch ed!

R O T F L rotfl R O T F L !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hehehe

Sessa17 10-10-01 09:13 AM

Re: Re: Reminder to watch the best show on T.V. Tommorow night.

Originally posted by Meatpants

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh man that's the funniest thing I've heard all day. Yeah, Ed was the best show on TV ten years ago when it was called Northern Exposure. :lol:

Oh well, to each their own. I'm not a big T.V. watcher, I hate all reality shows, star trek, sitcoms, Er, buffy-type shows & teeny bopper shows. So outside of a couple of shows on cable(Sopranos, Farscape) I do think it's the best show on T.V.

das Monkey 10-10-01 09:21 AM

Re: Re: Re: Reminder to watch the best show on T.V. Tommorow night.

Originally posted by Sessa17

Oh well, to each their own. I'm not a big T.V. watcher, I hate all reality shows, star trek, sitcoms, Er, buffy-type shows & teeny bopper shows. So outside of a couple of shows on cable(Sopranos, Farscape) I do think it's the best show on T.V.

Gee ... that list only leaves 'Ed' and commercials. When you put it that way, I guess you're right.

das

Patman 10-10-01 09:21 AM

Ed and Gilmore Girls are great shows with their own little universes.

dek 10-10-01 09:39 AM

Word, Ed is hands down one of the best shows on tv right now.