Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Emmy's : So now what?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-01, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
The Emmy's : So now what?

Alright, are the Emmy's postphoned (again) or cancelled altogether? I'm hearing conflicting stories. I don't usually watch the entire show. I'm not a fan of award shows in general. But there are a few shows nominated this year I would like to see get honored with an Emmy. "The Sopranos" to name one. Anyway, if they are indeed cancelled, what's next? I mean, do the awards get privately issued to the winners? I was a little baffled that the show got cancelled. They said on the news there were no clear threats made so it wasn't a security issue. I'm hearing many say it didn't feel right to have a "celebration" show. But everything else was a go that night. Commercial television programming resumed (in the evening). They showed several actors and tv industry people being interviewed on TV afterwards who said they would have still gone given the latest developements in the world.

Thanks in advance for any news/update.
Old 10-09-01, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There's another thread with some thoughts about the performers making everything about them, and it's hard to disagree. They're not that important, but they certainly act like they are. I'm sure it's half and half. Some people really just wanted to go home and watch the news, and some people wanted to hog the spotlight by showing how "sensitive" they could be.

Either way, I haven't heard any new word. Last I heard was that it's cancelled until further notice. If they cancel it completely, of course they'll announce the winners and give everyone their award, if not on TV. But I don't expect that to happen. It's not likely that these guys would pass up such a ratings grabber and a chance to show everyone how wonderful they are.

Maybe someone knows more on this and could share?

das
Old 10-10-01, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I, too, normally don't care to watch the Emmys or the Oscars so it doesn't matter to me if the show is cancelled. Last I heard on TV was that either they'll do something small and informal and present the awards if anything at all.