DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Crossing Jordan Oct. 8 2001 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/148881-crossing-jordan-oct-8-2001-a.html)

huzefa 10-08-01 10:23 PM

Crossing Jordan Oct. 8 2001

Another interesting show. I thought the # of suspects in her case was a bit too many, and the ending was a little stale. But on the other hand, the Indian doctor made up for it. Also, I can't get that image of her dancing out of my head......... -smile-

TheEdge21 10-09-01 12:56 AM

Wait you're telling there was a storying in between the long shot of her sleeping and the dancing? :blush:

But truthfully, I'm beginning to like the show more and more.

Kal-El 10-09-01 01:02 AM

I'm just glad I caught the sleeping and the dancing part.

movielib 10-09-01 08:05 AM

The best episode yet. And it looks like they may stop threatening to fire her every week for wanting to solve crimes. Maybe that's because she does solve them.

TheEdge21 10-09-01 09:00 AM

And did anyone catch the preview for the next eps? OMG :D

JaxComet 10-09-01 09:02 AM

Not a bad show but needs more in order to stand out from the norm......

das Monkey 10-09-01 09:16 AM

I desperately want to like this show, but the writing's just stale IMO. I enjoy it and will continue to watch it, but it's certainly not standing out. The acting is wonderful, and the characters are very interesting. They just need to stop recycling old Quincy plots. And this trend of having the police department completely inept every week is grating on me. Bad analogy, but Janeway's problem on Voyager was that everyone around her was unrealistically inept ... it weakened her character. The same could happen to Jordan if the don't give her some strong characters to go against. This new cop seemed a little more open minded in the beginning but fell right into the stereotype in the end. Too much more of that cliche and the show will be in trouble. I hope they can improve ... it has a lot of promise and seems to be faring well in the ratings.

das

BDB 10-09-01 11:35 PM

I am probably in the minority here, but I think this show would be so much better without Jordan or her dad.

It gets one more chance, and then it is gonna be stricken from my watch list, it just dropped down the ratings.

Every ad break starts with a lingering look at her in a thougtful stare.

And I agree with the whole inept police thing, it is old news, let's just have her do some autopsies, and it's great that she is so hot that every guy that meets her wants to jump her bones, even though she has that fiery irish temper.

And who vacuums at 6am with a person sleeping oy vey

3/10 for this episode

bigjim25 10-10-01 03:57 AM

<small>Originally posted by TheEdge21 And did anyone catch the preview for the next eps? OMG :D</small>
Can't wait, she looked hot in that outfit! ;)