Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Do you like what they're doing with Annie on 7th Heaven?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-01, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

OK, I enjoy 7th Heaven, but I feel lately they've gone a little over the top with the Annie character (the mother). I mean, I know she's supposed to be going through "the change," but she's just not very likable at all now.

They did this a bit when she was pregnant, but many of those shows weren't written by Brenda Hampton, so I gave them some leeway...but now...I don't know what to think. I wouldn't mind if I thought it was realistic, but I think it's a bit over the top.

What do you think?
Old 10-08-01, 10:26 PM
Needs to provide a working email

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVERYTHING on that show is over the top. It is one of the least realistic programs on television.
Old 10-08-01, 10:56 PM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by Darren Garrison
EVERYTHING on that show is over the top. It is one of the least realistic programs on television.
I don't necessarily agree that EVERYTHING is over the top, but a lot of it is. Some of the story lines, however, are pretty realistic and completely applicable to families/teens today. I especially like the fact that all the kids aren't "goodie goodies" as preachers' kids are often stereotyped to be - often times, they're the worst!!!

I also agree that Annie's character and "change of life" is being seriously exaggerated. For crying out loud, give the woman some horomones and give us all a break...

Kal
Old 10-09-01, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I agree that a lot of the show is over the top. I guess what I'm saying is that what they're doing with Annie just doesn't "feel right" with the form of this show. It's too much, and it makes you not like watching the show at all. Whereas, when other characters or situations are over the top, it's all right, because it fits with the show's feel...
Old 10-09-01, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't like much about the way the show is going
Annie is insane- I've seen women go through "changes" and they didn't act like that
last night no one bothered to point out how many people they've let into that house to help with whatever- they are always helping other people (not all get in the house but some do- even the pregnant girl who stole Matt's car)
Ruthie is too much of a brat now- it seems out of character for her to be so heartless to Lucy- I know she's always been a bit of a brat but I didn't think she was mean until now

is it just me or is Mary more interested in Wilson's son than in Wilson? I wonder how long all that's going to last

it seems unlike Lucy to let some guy and his annoying family stand between her a college- she put so much work into applying and now that's all over- I never thought she was THAT boy-crazy
I hope the show starts getting better soon,

Old 10-09-01, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Uh....pics? Isn't Jessica Biel on that show?
Old 10-09-01, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Meatpants
Uh....pics? Isn't Jessica Biel on that show?
Old 10-09-01, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
I think the talk at the end of yesterday's episode between Annie and the Reverend signified the end of the her change as a focal point of the show.

I felt that the way she was behaving was pretty close to the person I was close to who went through it, but I'm glad/hoping that it won't be a focal point much longer.
Old 10-09-01, 10:20 PM
Needs to provide a working email

Originally posted by KrazyKal99

like the fact that all the kids aren't "goodie goodies" as preachers' kids are often stereotyped to be - often times, they're the worst!!!

Kal
But I think that the kids, ARE, for the most part, unrealisticly "goodie goodie". Sure, there are minor problems with the kids, but most everything that they say or do is over-the-top unrealistic. Just how many times can they show Matt or Simon turning down free sex from hot blondes? And notice how, every week, everyone has a different aspect of the same problem?

On a different note, I wonder if they'll ever re-broadcast the Taliban episode?
Old 10-10-01, 03:38 PM
Cool New Member

And notice how, every week, everyone has a different aspect of the same problem?
Okay, I'll give you that the themes are often less than original and the problems are repetitive (it can be much like beating a dead horse)...but you know, there are guys out there - some of them aren't even preachers' kids - who would say no to "free sex" just because they have high standards. I'm gathering you're not one of them? ::raises eyebrows::

Kal