DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   When is Smallville on? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/148861-when-smallville.html)

jasonbird 10-08-01 09:29 PM

When is Smallville on?

Sorry for the lame question, but on the local WB, they show MLB games. I think I missed the first episode. Which night/time does Smallville air?

Thanks

Jason

Wormwood 10-08-01 09:34 PM

It premieres next tuesday after Buffy. I am giving up Roswell to see this, looks very promising.

jasonbird 10-08-01 09:54 PM

Wormwood:

Thanks for the info! Glad to know that I haven't missed out.

Jason

Wormwood 10-09-01 12:28 AM

Originally posted by jasonbird
Wormwood:

Thanks for the info! Glad to know that I haven't missed out.

Jason

You're welcome. Oops, forgot that Buffy is on UPN and Smallville is on the WB. So technically Smallville is after Gilmore Girls.

Jackskeleton 10-09-01 12:46 AM

I'm not sure how to look at this new venture?? I mean, are they going to screw up the superman story?? only time can tell.

Kal-El 10-09-01 01:06 AM

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
I'm not sure how to look at this new venture?? I mean, are they going to screw up the superman story?? only time can tell.
I'm catching the pilot but I'm not keeping my hopes up too high. I mean, no flying, no costume, not even glasses! Part of me's thinking this isn't even Clark Kent...

Wormwood 10-09-01 09:29 AM

Originally posted by Kal Jedi

I'm catching the pilot but I'm not keeping my hopes up too high. I mean, no flying, no costume, not even glasses! Part of me's thinking this isn't even Clark Kent...

What do you expect? It's about Clark's teen years, of course he won't be flying around, his powers haven't developed fully. And come on, he isn't even "Superman" yet, so he doesn't need the costume much less the glasses.

Eternia 10-10-01 02:01 PM

So is he going to actually be Superboy in this? ? I mean if it runs long enough he is going to have to move to Metropolis.

I don't think i am going to watch it. I mean, ok so I am not up with the Superman history, (am on Batman :) ), but I didn't think that Clark Kent and Lex were friends in Smallville!?

The only Superman projects I like are the first series on tv with George Reeves, and Lois and Clark. I don't even like the movies.

Plus, there is probably another show I will be watching anyway. Oh well hehe maybe I will tape this just to check it out. I would have much rather seen the Bruce Wayne show they wanted to do.

Patman 10-10-01 03:12 PM

It's Clark's formative years, before he dons the costume, and just discovering the full extent of his powers.

I just wonder how long you can run this show before he starts flying around the the SUpes costume and have to rename it back to "Superboy".

adamblast 10-10-01 03:32 PM

Originally posted by Eternia
[...] but I didn't think that Clark Kent and Lex were friends in Smallville!? [...]
I don't know about the original comic books or the general mythology, but in the last TV version of Superboy (early 90s? late 80s?) Lex Luthor was certainly a weekly regular, like a schoolroom enemy or something...