TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Please Pray (or whatever) For the Poor Souls at Nielsen Media Research

Old 10-05-01, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please Pray (or whatever) For the Poor Souls at Nielsen Media Research

UPDATE:

http://communities.msn.com/dasMonkey/shoebox.msnw

Unfortunately, I should have known that these ass masters would resize my images so they're impossible to read. I'll have to find a better site, but that's the general idea. Nothing fancy, but for a psycho TV-aholic like me, I thought it was pretty interesting.

Well, it's official. I just submitted my Nielsen TV Viewing Diary for the most recent premiere week. I'm sure if you read my posts, you know I watch just a tad too much television ... and I wrote it all down. I had to stop halfway through because my hand was hurting too much. It's going to take those poor suckers hours to go through all the paperwork and extra attachments I sent them, but they asked .

Anyway, I scanned the paperwork so those who are interested can see what the Nielsen Diary looks like. They've upped their "thank you" to $5.00 from $1.00, and from what I've heard, they may be moving to $8.00 or $10.00. If anyone wants me to post the pics, let me know, and I'll try to get them up somewhere this weekend.

das

Last edited by das Monkey; 10-06-01 at 12:36 AM.
Old 10-05-01, 11:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd kind of like to see a scan as I am not really familiar with what it looks like. (If it isn't too much trouble, of course )
Old 10-05-01, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Geofferson
I'd kind of like to see a scan as I am not really familiar with what it looks like. (If it isn't too much trouble, of course )
Nah ... I just need to find a good place to host the images and resize them so they're not 10 megs each Didn't want to make the effort if I was the only crazy person who was interested in this stuff.

das
Old 10-06-01, 02:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was in heaven when they called me to ask if I'd fill out a Nielsen book. Unfortuately it was for june, so no new shows, but it still felt great to be "counted" on behalf of the shows I love. I agree that they must have suffered as much trying to read my chicken-scratch handwriting as I suffered writing it - TONS of writing, lol.
Old 10-06-01, 09:53 AM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Though I doubt it's going to be an issue for you, das monkey, just do whatever you can do to keep ENTERPRISE riding high in the ratings...
Old 10-06-01, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Filmmaker
Though I doubt it's going to be an issue for you, das monkey, just do whatever you can do to keep ENTERPRISE riding high in the ratings...
Well, I listed that I had 8 "Visitors" during 'Fight of Flight' and the 'Buffy' premiere. Households are more important, but maybe it will have a small impact.

das