DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Er 10/4 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/147784-er-10-4-a.html)

mikehunt 10-04-01 09:26 PM

Er 10/4

this episode is crazy, but good
Spoiler:

people getting messed up all over the place, crazy stuff
I think Carla died
yup she did

Dr Dave won't be around for long, Luca and Abby are no more, Greene and Corday are gonna kill each other

TheEdge21 10-05-01 10:01 AM

I like the eps. Great acting and I love Carter

It seem like they are putting the ground works for Dr. Greene and Dr. Benton exiting at the end of the season.

tofu 10-05-01 10:25 AM

this episode was great. it was like the worst day ever in the er. (probably wasn't but nothing seemed to go right at all)

can't wait for next week's episide. altho i wonder what the repercussions of this episode will be.

TheEdge21 10-05-01 10:42 AM

I loved the whole Carter running into problem after problem

Kal-El 10-05-01 11:19 AM

Originally posted by TheEdge21
I loved the whole Carter running into problem after problem
I actually like how he was solving problem after problem.

Static Cling 10-05-01 12:50 PM

"Hey, can you take care of that toe in curtain two?"
"After my break."
"Whatever!"

:lol: I don't know why it was funny... just one more straw on Carter's back, and he delivered it really well.

The drama between Abby & Luka was funny, too.... the whole insect up your anus/bug up your a$$ thing, and then his b!tch comeback. :) I can't believe what he said to Abby afterwards, though... "You're not that pretty, you're not that special," or whatever. And of course, "Carter can have you!" Handing off Abby to Carter? The man needs a CT scan.

http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/0...Oy/frankie.gif

TheEdge21 10-05-01 01:08 PM

I hope they give Deb more of a story. I like her and would like to see her grow more.. but get rid of Dave, never like him

And that whole part where Carter slips and fall was funny to because it like " can anything else go wrong?"

Patman 10-05-01 02:06 PM

I enjoyed this episode much more than the season opener.

I hope they don't use Carter's slip/fall on his back as his entry into misusing pain killers again.

I wonder if Luca will take up with the waitress, Julie Delpy. You don't cast someone like Delpy in a bit part.

I think Abby and Carter make a much better couple anyhow, though it'll be tense in the ER with the 3 of them in there.

I though Elizabeth's "screed" was pretty much in character (I didn't think she was the mothering type given her drive to become a top notch surgeon), and I LOL! when she was giving Mark the riot act.

Benton and Reese was done well, and it was sad to see how tough it is to relate to not only a child, but a deaf child, and having to stay strong and keep signing when you want to just break down and cry a little. I'm pretty sure Benton's sister (the one who lost her son last season) will offer to take care of Reese.

Chen and Muluci are going have hell to pay over that misdiagnosis.

So what do you think will be the "shock" ending for next week's show?

sherm42 10-05-01 02:19 PM

I think that this episode sets Carter up as the obvious candidate to take over the job that Chen was doing. They will fire her, at least from the managerial position and have Carter running things. He can obviously handle it, and he showed that this week.

As for the surprise ending, I think that Malucci is going to kill himself or something awful is going to happen to him.

I really have to feel sorry the actor Erik Palladino. He seems like a good actor that has really been given an awful part in Dr. Malucci with bad or little to no story lines.

Patman 10-05-01 02:26 PM

I wonder what it'll take for Weaver to back Carter for the Attending position because Weaver is still miffed about Carter's "relapse" from last season, and doesn't give him any respect. Pretty amazing considering Carter roomed with Weaver for a short time a few seasons ago...

Also, regarding Carter's slip, I wonder if that knife wound he suffered 2 seasons ago will re-surface which induces him into abuse the pain killers even more. Will that sabotage Carter's chances in taking over the ER?

So...people really think they'll give Malucci the heave-ho? I guess that could work, but it's the most obvious thing.

ClarkKentKY 10-05-01 03:18 PM

Don't forget Sherry stringfield is coming on. So that fills one attending job, then carter probably slides in chin's old job. It's about time they do somethign with Maluci, he's basically just been taking up space so far. He's basically an extra, sometimes you can see him and Yosh playing cards in the background :lol:

It'll be interesting to see if they play up a custody battle between Benton and whats-his-face. But this gives Benton an Easy out now. He hates Romano and he's talked of job offers in the past, so now he's free to leave cause he doesn't have psyco-carla on his back.

I doubt they'll bring the drug abuse of carter back into play. But his back is still and always will be his achilles heel. Spinal injuries are easily flared back up :) But the drug abuse is somethign i think his character grew out of last year. Plus with the attending position and Abby at his doorstep he'll be too busy to pop pills. The closer we get, the more i think there will be a little fight for Carter between Abby and Susan.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TVGUIDE.COM TEASERS *spoilers?*

10/11
Weaver takes dire action after catching Malucci with his pants down; Greene's teen daughter drops by County with some unexpected news; an abandoned baby in Chen's care seems to have healing powers; and Abby ropes Carter into helping her fix a fishy mistake she made while clearing her stuff out of Luka's place. Niki: Julie Ann Emery. Rachel: Hallee Hirsch. Eldon: Glenn Shadix. Jackie: Khandi Alexander. O'Groat: Julian Stone. Romano: Pal McCrane.

10/18
Last seen admitting her feelings for Greene (Anthony Edwards) as she left for Phoenix in the November 1996 third-season episode “Union Station,” Lewis is back in Chicago to interview at another facility. But first, she stops by County to meet her now-married ex-crush for lunch and sees that a lot---including most of the staff---has changed since she's been gone. So when yet another physician at the hospital quits after a showdown with Kerry (Laura Innes), Greene decides to hire back his old friend without thinking about how the news will sit with his wife (Alex Kingston). Chen: Ming-Na

TheEdge21 10-05-01 04:17 PM

Yeah i hope they don't bring back the drug abuse angle for Carter.

I don't think they'll kill of Dave.. but maybe he gets fired or something

I think the Susan/Carter/Abby story line would be interesting. I do rememeber at one point Carter made a move on Susan :)