Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

So who do you think is the father of Rachel's baby?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who's the father of Rachel's baby?
Ross
77.78%
Joey
6.67%
Chandler
2.22%
Tad/Tag/Whatever the hell his name is
13.33%
Other (write in below)
0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-01, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't vote after you watch the episode...

Old 10-04-01, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

i think most of the public wants ross...
Old 10-04-01, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i really hope that they don't use this as a way to introduce a new character
Old 10-04-01, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I gotta agree 100% with someone's post in another thread:

From the previews I'm thinking Ross: 1) because of the screaming audience and 2) because of Joey proposing to Phoebe, as if they're the only two left...

Of course, Joey himself being the father might make the audience shreik too...

But who knows?? The overall funniest answer (of course they won't do it, but I wish they would) would be Gunther...

Last edited by adamblast; 10-04-01 at 05:55 PM.
Old 10-04-01, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
I know who the father is for a fact:

Spoiler:
It's Ross
Old 10-04-01, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by adamblast
I gotta agree 100% with someone's post in another thread:

From the previews I'm thinking Ross: 1) because of the screaming audience and 2) because of Joey proposing to Phoebe, as if they're the only two left...

Of course, Joey himself being the father might make the audience shreik too...

But who knows?? The overall funniest answer (of course they won't do it, but I wish they would) would be Gunther...
Oh yeah, I forgot about Gunther...

I saw on the previews where Joey proposed to Phoebe, but I swear on the radio today, I heard a soundclip of Joey proposing to Rachel!

I guess we'll find out tonight, though.

Old 10-04-01, 07:13 PM

It's Ross.

and Joey Proposes to both Phoebe and Rachel.
Old 10-04-01, 07:28 PM
Buffetman

So just because the sweater is Ross' that means he is the dad?
I think there is more to it, Anyone else agree?
Old 10-04-01, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

didnt the promo just say its Ross?

what do i win for guessing right?
Old 10-04-01, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

USE SPOILER TAGS, PEOPLE!

I'm on the west coast and Friends doesn't come on for another 2 hours....

Old 10-04-01, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

you should know people will post messages right after the show. its your choice whether you want to look.
Old 10-04-01, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by TruGator
you should know people will post messages right after the show. its your choice whether you want to look.
I'm not sure I really care for the tone of your post, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that I would hope that people realize that there are people all over the world (not just in the US) who log onto DVDTalk...and thus people will watch TV shows in different time zones. That said, I believe it would be common courtesy to refrain from divulging plot points of a show (or movie, for that matter), unless one uses spoiler tags.

Of course, people can decide whether or not they want to use spoiler tags or whether or not they even feel it's appropriate to use them....but if they don't use spoiler tags, there's a chance that they'll be flamed.

Old 10-04-01, 09:01 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Duh... this is easy:

Spoiler:
twikoff

Old 10-04-01, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Static Cling
Duh... this is easy:

Spoiler:
twikoff

Old 10-04-01, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

hey! this aint no Other...even though its full of Others
Old 10-04-01, 10:39 PM

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts
I don't know.
Old 10-04-01, 10:43 PM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts
pleeeeeeeeeeeease let it be Gunther!

--HN
Old 10-04-01, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm glad it turned out the way it did
but, as much as I like the show, I'm hoping that this will be the last season
Old 10-05-01, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
My TiVo cut off the last few seconds of the credits-roll dialog between Tag and Ross... All I heard was something like: "Hey, isn't it weird about Ra--" Did Tag spill the beans about Rachel's pregnancy? Does Ross know now?
Old 10-05-01, 12:45 AM

Originally posted by hotaru_san
I'm hoping that this will be the last season
I think it might go one more.

I was telling my roomie about last weeks show (She didn't see it). I was telling her that they were starting to tie up some loose ends. And she asked "what if it's not Ross". I said it would be, because people were starting to get tired of their on again - off again stuff. Everytime they got close again, something would come up to split them apart. If they did it again, there would be a big backlash. (Plus you know the actors are fighting for these characters direction).

I told her it'll be 2 more seasons. This season will end up with the delivery. But if they left off with that, people will be wondering "I wonder what happened next? How did they turn out?". So next season will end with a BIG and "real" wedding for Ross and Rachel. By then, hopefully, Phoebe and Joey will be hitched, and Monica and Chandler will be expecting. (How are you going to wrap up one of the most popular series, and biggest romances ever, without a wedding of the 2 main characters?)

Don't you just love how Phoebe is being possessive of her man now, and how Joey is trying to backpeddle?:lol
Old 10-05-01, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My TiVo cut off the last few seconds of the credits-roll dialog between Tag and Ross... All I heard was something like: "Hey, isn't it weird about Ra--" Did Tag spill the beans about Rachel's pregnancy? Does Ross know now?
no- he said "Isn't it wierd about Rachel" and Ross said something about her being wild/strange (I don't really remember)
he asked Ross whose it was (referring to the baby) and Ross looked at the tag on his sweater (which was the same as the sweater Tag was wearing) and said "I don't know, some Italian guy, read your own label" -made me think of Paulo
so Ross just thinks Tag is odd
at the end it said to watch next week to see how Ross finds out
Old 10-05-01, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Don Quixote
I told her it'll be 2 more seasons. This season will end up with the delivery. But if they left off with that, people will be wondering "I wonder what happened next? How did they turn out?". So next season will end with a BIG and "real" wedding for Ross and Rachel. By then, hopefully, Phoebe and Joey will be hitched, and Monica and Chandler will be expecting. (How are you going to wrap up one of the most popular series, and biggest romances ever, without a wedding of the 2 main characters?)

Don't you just love how Phoebe is being possessive of her man now, and how Joey is trying to backpeddle?:lol
this is a pretty big step for the show- one couple is married off, Phoebe and Joey are "engaged," and Ross and Rachel are having a baby- it seems like the writers will have to work extra hard to keep the show funny
but I've been addicted so far- as long as it's fun to watch I will keep watching
the Phoebe/Joey stuff was pretty funny- they have been hinting at that for so long (like Chandler and Monica did before they got together), it seems unrealistic for everyone to pair-off with each other- but I still want to see it happen
Old 10-05-01, 12:55 AM

They were talking about the sweaters, and Tag asked Ross something like "Do you know who's it is", and Ross said to "look at your tag, it's some Italian guy", thinking he was talking about the maker of the sweater. Ross laughed and may have made some small comment, then they turned, walked away from each other, and Ross mumbled "Some people are so weird".
Old 10-05-01, 01:16 AM

Originally posted by hotaru_san

this is a pretty big step for the show- one couple is married off, Phoebe and Joey are "engaged," and Ross and Rachel are having a baby- it seems like the writers will have to work extra hard to keep the show funny
but I've been addicted so far- as long as it's fun to watch I will keep watching
the Phoebe/Joey stuff was pretty funny- they have been hinting at that for so long (like Chandler and Monica did before they got together), it seems unrealistic for everyone to pair-off with each other- but I still want to see it happen
I'm hooked again!!!!!

I watched it (mostly) on and off again through the years, making sure I caught the "big" episodes. Then I started a 1-10 job in June of 2000, and (because of my lazyness) missed all of last year. (Caught a few in repeats, and read the EW episode guide from a few weeks ago). Went to overnights for awhile, but going back to days starting next week. After this and the last episode, I'm making sure I tape them from now on!
Old 10-05-01, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,073 Likes on 650 Posts
I voted Ross. (since I watched tonight's episode)

Friends is definitely on its last leg. Watching tonight's episode & most of last season makes me really excited that Survivor 3 is coming on next week.

They shoulda ended it in '98 or '99.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.