Reload this Page >

Did anyone watch Special Unit 2?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 10-04-01, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did anyone stick around for "Special Unit 2" on UPN last night after "Enterprise"? Looked pretty sucky at the beginning, but grew on me by the end.

Pros: A few great lines were delivered, "I've got a fake laugh with your name written all over it", the interplay between the characters seemed quite natural and enjoyable, and you can never complain about getting the female lead into black leather.

Cons: No background about the unit was given at all, we just got dropped into it and were expected to know what was going on (it's basically a "Men in Black" operation in Chicago). The plot for this episode was stolen from the movie "The Hidden". Effects were a little cheesy (but hey, it's UPN).
Old 10-04-01, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Did anyone watch Special Unit 2?

Originally posted by Numanoid
Cons: No background about the unit was given at all, we just got dropped into it and were expected to know what was going on (it's basically a "Men in Black" operation in Chicago). The plot for this episode was stolen from the movie "The Hidden". Effects were a little cheesy (but hey, it's UPN).
They got most of the background out of the way during their first season.

das
Old 10-04-01, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Whoa, didn't even know there WAS a first season. I'll have to visit this planet more often.
Old 10-04-01, 03:20 PM

Actually I really love the interplay between the 2 leads and also the elf guy. The guy and the elf's exchanges made me total LOLROTF!!! This is quite a fun show. Looks like I have 2 great hours to spend on Wed. Just wish Wolf Lake was better. Didn't stick around to watch it much.
Old 10-04-01, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by iawiaw
Actually I really love the interplay between the 2 leads and also the elf guy. The guy and the elf's exchanges made me total LOLROTF!!! This is quite a fun show. Looks like I have 2 great hours to spend on Wed. Just wish Wolf Lake was better. Didn't stick around to watch it much.
I'd be watching it again if it weren't up against The West Wing. UPN seems surprised that its ratings suck even though it has Enterprise as a lead in. Rough timeslot for that show, but thankfully it's different enough from The West Wing to attract a different demo.

das
Old 10-04-01, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I taped West Wing since I wanted to watch SU2 with a friend.

The show is pretty good, I suppose. Not as good as The Invisible man, which I find to be the epitome of cheesy-fun sci-fi action comedy. The female lead was pretty hot though
Old 10-04-01, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by RolloTomasi
I taped West Wing since I wanted to watch SU2 with a friend.

The show is pretty good, I suppose. Not as good as The Invisible man, which I find to be the epitome of cheesy-fun sci-fi action comedy. The female lead was pretty hot though
The Invisible Man is probably the "coolest" show on TV right now. I could watch that show all day, but it's so perfect for Friday nights. Sci-Fi just renewed Farscape for 3 more seasons and The Chronicle, so hopefully The Invisible Man will be back for a while as well.

das