Reload this Page >

Philly #2 (10/02/01)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Philly #2 (10/02/01)

Old 10-02-01, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Philly #2 (10/02/01)

OK, I'm sold on this show now. I really enjoyed this second offering. Kim Delaney is simply incredbile in this role. Also, I notice for the first time that Kevin Hooks is an executive producer. Remember him? Thorpe from The White Shadow. Ken Howard on Mondays and Kevin Hooks on Tuesdays. Woo hoo! I know Hooks did some episodes of St. Elsewhere to get his directing career off the ground; I assume Bruce Paltrow (creator of the White Shadow) had something to do with that. Since then, Hooks has had his hand in some of the best shows on television, so this is a very good sign for "Philly."

Anyone else watching this?

das
Old 10-02-01, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I also enjoy watching this hot lady. She is great as a tough a$$ lawyer!
Old 10-03-01, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I set aside time to watch one show a night... this is my Tuesday!
Old 10-04-01, 10:33 PM

Good show. It had me on the first ep. Unfourtunately I didn't like the second ep as much. I like Kim Delaney alot, so I'm hoping this show doesn't fall into all the other 'single mom drama' traps. It'd be a shame if it got canned before NYPD Blue started. On another note, what happended to Kyle Secor? On Homocide he was one of the most likeable guys you'd ever want to meet. Lately all his roles have been A-holes or scumbags, and he's been playing them almost too well.
Old 10-05-01, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It's a good show... but do they really need to keep reminding us that it takes place in Philly? I mean they could have just had the Cream Cheese, and everyone would have caught on... but the Liberty Bell? Ben Franklin? Sheesh!