DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Scrubs... I thought... (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/147241-scrubs-i-thought.html)

Goldberg74 10-02-01 08:56 PM

Scrubs... I thought...

... it sucked!

It's part ER, part Parker Lewis, part Ally McBeal...

which equals... WTF!?

I wish that they would have treated this like a SitCom... making it look 35mm sucks. Take it off the air now, retool it, and then bring it back mid-season. Change it into soemthing... other than the calico mess it is.

I laughed once... I think?!

Burnt Alive 10-03-01 02:24 AM

Re: Scrubs... I thought...

Originally posted by Goldberg74
... it sucked!

It's part ER, part Parker Lewis, part Ally McBeal...

which equals... WTF!?

I wish that they would have treated this like a SitCom... making it look 35mm sucks. Take it off the air now, retool it, and then bring it back mid-season. Change it into soemthing... other than the calico mess it is.

I laughed once... I think?!

Don't insult Parker Lewis like that!

Orbi-Wan Techno 10-03-01 07:17 AM

We turned it off after the first 15 minutes....

Now, what to watch after Fraiser...

MasterofDVD 10-03-01 07:30 AM

Re: Re: Scrubs... I thought...

Originally posted by Burnt Alive

Don't insult Parker Lewis like that!

Yeah! That show was darn good.

AsS for Scrubs I thought it was pretty funny. I didn't expect much but really enjoyed it.

Bobubott 10-03-01 12:14 PM

I liked the show, but I think the commericals showed all the best scenes, which made the actual show a bit of a letdown. I could have done without all the imagination stuff, like when he saw himself on the television screen. I'll probably watch again if I stumble across it.

Eternia 10-03-01 01:56 PM

I really enjoyed it! More so than I did any other new show this season.

I have to say it should be a keeper.

adamblast 10-03-01 02:06 PM

We must have opposite tastes. Besides Undeclared, this looks to be the best new sitcom on the schedule-- although with sitcoms, that's not really saying much...

Personally, I VASTLY prefer the 1-camera-35mm look to sitcoms than the 3-camera-soundstage-videotape look... Filmed shows are most likely to leave off the laughtrack, too... Another plus...

nevermind 10-03-01 08:31 PM

Originally posted by Eternia
I really enjoyed it! More so than I did any other new show this season.

I have to say it should be a keeper.

I agree!!

Boot 10-03-01 09:19 PM

I was actually pleasantly surprised by this show. I hadn't planned to watch it because the commercials made it look so stupid, but I stumbled across it and stayed. I laughed quite a few time.

"I don't want to have sex with you."
"Yes, you do."
"No. I don't."
"Do me right here."
"Oh baby."
"See?"

:lol:

valkyrie 10-04-01 09:37 AM

I personally thought the show was hilarious! I was laughing more at this show than any other thus far this season (Inside Schwartz was good too). That scene in the closet was great, and the middle-aged doc who keeps being half nice/half condescending is great.

The show definitely has potential. I'll be watching for a couple weeks anyway.

Ketamine 10-05-01 01:46 PM

I think it is very good and has a lot of potential. Give it time and I think it will be an NBC hit.

Patman 10-05-01 02:08 PM

Does anyone think it's inspired or insipid programming to put Scrubs on just before ER?

I do like the show so far.

Boot 10-05-01 04:49 PM

That thing with the stuffed dog. :lol: It was so underplayed, which made it even funnier.

valkyrie 10-05-01 06:21 PM

This Thursday's episode was very good, too. This show cracks me up! :) The dog bit was quite funny.

Funny thing, is I can't even remember the main character's name, but I guess "Bambi" will have to do until I remember. :)

That blonde is quite the package, though. Mmmmm... ;)

Boot 10-05-01 08:59 PM

Originally posted by valkyrie
Funny thing, is I can't even remember the main character's name, but I guess "Bambi" will have to do until I remember. :)

His name should be Ray Romano Jr.

nazz 10-06-01 11:50 PM

I liked it. I didn't expect to...I work in a hospital and don't normally feel like watching it on my TV when I'm at home but
this was pretty funny.