DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Mutant X - More info available (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/146737-mutant-x-more-info-available.html)

das Monkey 10-01-01 10:36 AM

Mutant X - More info available

About a week ago I couldn't find any definitive info on this, but it looks like things are up and running.

WGN Superstation will have the show Sundays at 7pm with a repeat the next Saturday at 5pm. It starts this Sunday the 7th. Local channels will also carry this, and you can go to www.mutantxtv.com to check their database.

I have no idea if this will be decent or suck hardcore, but I'll try to give it a shot.

das

elektra 10-01-01 11:50 AM

Supposedly it was going to be on here this past Saturday and stupid Football ran over. I didn't realize it's only supposed to be a half hour show? That doesn't bode well for it, if it is.

das Monkey 10-01-01 12:00 PM

Originally posted by elektra
Supposedly it was going to be on here this past Saturday and stupid Football ran over. I didn't realize it's only supposed to be a half hour show? That doesn't bode well for it, if it is.
Initial guess is suckekeke, but I'll try it out.

das

elektra 10-01-01 01:05 PM

Yea, I kind of have to check it out. There's a hometown boy in it.

das Monkey 10-02-01 07:33 AM

From Zap2It

You know those ads from the dairy farmers whose tagline is "Ahh, the power of cheese" ? They'd be a good fit on "Mutant X."

The syndicated sci-fi offering was the subject of a lawsuit earlier this year in which 20th Century Fox sued producer Tribune Entertainment (whose parent company also owns Zap2it.com), claiming "Mutant X" too closely resembled Fox's "X-Men" movie. This shouldn't be too surprising, since Marvel Enterprises -- home to Marvel Comics and the long-running "X-Men" comic book series -- is also one of the producers of "Mutant X."

The series does, in fact, tell the story of a group of young mutants who fight evil while trying to find their place in a world that fears them. See, they're creations of a secret government project called Genome X, and the project's former chief scientist, Adam (John Shea, Lex Luthor from "Lois & Clark" ), has formed Mutant X to fight the evil that lurks within Genome X.

Of course, the nefarious head of the project, Mason Eckhart (Tom McCamus), wants none of that and launches a program to round up the "anomalies."

The cheese factor -- Eckhart bears a striking resemblance to Andy Warhol -- and the bad-funny dialogue are there, as you might expect from a syndicated show. If you like that sort of thing, "Mutant X" is a perfectly pleasant way to use up an hour.
das

elektra 10-02-01 08:56 AM

John Shea is from my area. Funny, they say it's an hour, but TV guide here only had it for a 1/2 hour?????

das Monkey 10-02-01 09:11 AM

Originally posted by elektra
John Shea is from my area. Funny, they say it's an hour, but TV guide here only had it for a 1/2 hour?????
I noticed that. I'll probably get caught up watching football and forget to watch this anyway :)

das

10 hours ...

Jeraden 10-06-01 09:48 PM

So what did everyone think of the MutantX premiere tonight? It definitely seems to have the feel of a standard UPN B-movie class series, but I actually enjoyed it. Doesn't break much new ground, your standard good mutants vs. evil mutants plot, but had interesting characters so far. Some might cringe at the over-stylish way its filmed, but I liked it.

One thing that did bug me... everytime the guy that could change his body substance used that computer, the thing would spin around like he was in a flight sim seat... whats the point of a spinning computer station when you are still looking at a screen??

das Monkey 10-06-01 09:56 PM

I know myself only too well. I got caught up watching football (and Cal Ripken retiring) that I completely forgot :(

das

Derrich 10-06-01 10:08 PM

It's okay. The best part is that Victoria Pratt is back playing pretty much the same role she did in Cleopatra 2525(not so guilty pleasure). My main problems are :
1) it's SO predictable. Cmon, throw a curve ball in there every once in a while
2) What's with the leader guy spinning around in his chair. Every time they cut to him during action scenes, he was spinning around to face the camera. Once is cool. 2 times is pushing it. 3 times is sad.

D

mikehunt 10-06-01 11:55 PM

looks to be on in Buffalo on WNYO sat at 1pm and rerun the following monday at midnight
might have to watch it

Sessa17 10-07-01 04:37 PM

Originally posted by Derrich
It's okay. The best part is that Victoria Pratt is back playing pretty much the same role she did in Cleopatra 2525(not so guilty pleasure
D

Is that the blonde chick, now I wish I would have watched Cleopatra. I liked her a lot & she alone is enough to get me to watch it again. I thought it did indeed seem pretty cheezy but quite enjoyable. I like Shea & think it's a great time slot as nothing else is on then & around 7 I'm usually just lying around before I go out for the night. My only real complaint is the horrible white haired villain.