Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Band of Brothers ep. #5 [spoilers]

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 09-30-01, 10:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another great episode. Not so much the hard core battle scenes, but rather the harsh life that revolves around them. I think Tom Hanks did a good job directing this episode. There were a few memorable shots that caught my attention. In particular, towards the end when all the solders were walking in the snow with a lack of ammo, food and clothing...powerfull stuff.

FYI: If anyone has missed any episodes or hasn't seen the miniseries at all, tomorrow (Monday) is your chance. HBO is airing the first 5 episodes back-to-back starting at 7:00 C.S.T.
Old 10-01-01, 01:17 AM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They should have really just shown two episodes a night like they did 1 & 2. This was a great setup to 6....

So, I take it they're in the battle of the bulge now?

Didn't realize this was the Hanks episode - interesting how they showed that one scene with three perspectives.
Old 10-01-01, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Great episode. I think the ep6 is going to be the best of all. I think we'll see some of the more followed actors bite the bullet. I thought I saw Grimes character screaming while other soldiers were patching him up. So that whole episode took place from Oct. 5th to sometime in December? Did Winters loose Easy Company for a while and did he get promoted to a desk? Was he ordered to go on leave and gave that new Lt. orders, then he got shot by his own man? I thought there was few confusing moments, but that was because I had missed 4 minutes due to the Pizza delivery guy.
Old 10-01-01, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
anyone notice the Jimmy Fallon cameo towards the end?
Old 10-01-01, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Deftones17
Yup, and in a serious role to boot.
Old 10-01-01, 01:43 PM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

Originally posted by Deftones17
Ugh! They did the same damn thing in Almost Famous. He might as well have a big, flashing neon sign around him. Very disappointed to see that yahoo cast in both.

This episode was particularly moving to me. Seeing things from Winters prospective was terrific. Can't wait to see next week.
Old 10-01-01, 11:23 PM
Banned

Originally posted by MrN
They should have really just shown two episodes a night like they did 1 & 2. This was a great setup to 6....

I agree. I think this thing is definately one of those cases where the sum of the parts will fall short of the work as a whole.