DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Sopranos Boxed Sets (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/146462-sopranos-boxed-sets.html)

Big Pudge 09-29-01 11:52 PM

The Sopranos Boxed Sets

i just got THE SOPRANOS FIRST SEASON box set, and this show kix ass (i bought it w/o ever seeing the show, just loving mob movies)!!! and the packaging is awesome!! i cant wait for the second seasonos this show!! any 1 who watches this show tell me anything useful about the show?? or any easter eggs on the dvds, or anything aboot this set, and the upcoming second season set, mnuch appreciated!!

ebertofsmut 09-30-01 02:28 AM

Someone a little late on the wagon...

Geofferson 09-30-01 03:13 AM

I too was a little late, but at least I jumped on when I did. :D

Mike Meeks 09-30-01 08:21 AM

- The Sopranos Fan Mega Site - Info., merchandise, etc.

- HBO Insiders Guide - HBO/Sopranos

Check out these sites for Sopranos info. Can't wait for Season Two to come out. (Nov. 6)

Big Pudge 09-30-01 01:48 PM

i know i was late!! but there was always sumptin else i wanted or needed, b4 i got that set, but i got it now, and am happy!!\
so far episode 3 is my favorite, where meadow needs the crystal meth (speed) and that one guy gives it to her, cuz he didnt want her to get it from street dealers!! gr8 show!!

LightTrinity 09-30-01 04:17 PM

Originally posted by Big Pudge
i know i was late!! but there was always sumptin else i wanted or needed, b4 i got that set, but i got it now, and am happy!!\
so far episode 3 is my favorite, where meadow needs the crystal meth (speed) and that one guy gives it to her, cuz he didnt want her to get it from street dealers!! gr8 show!!

My fav episode from season 1 is when Meadow goes looking at colleges. :)

MACD23 09-30-01 04:33 PM

season II is great, i have been waiting a long time for this set......i have played out my season I set too much.

my fav episode from season II is D-Girl with that hot red head!!

G. Noel Gross 09-30-01 06:05 PM

Originally posted by LightTrinity
My fav episode from season 1 is when Meadow goes looking at colleges. :)
That episode pretty much encapsles the whole show ... family vs. The Family.

Phil Pugliese 10-01-01 12:00 PM

Add me to the list of newbies

I do not have HBO. I have heard of the show and the raves, but quite franky, brushed them away. I saw my first episode this week. Awesome, simply awesome. This show is so accurate it is scary. You can believe me or not, I do not care, but I grew up in htis environment. My cousins' father (who wasn't really my cousins, if you know...)was a "Captain" in the Gambino family in the late 70-s...this is their life. They lived, modestly, in rural North Jersey..towns like Clifton, Fairview, Bogota and had middle-class lives yet, had a whole other life going on. Its been 25 years since the house was cleaned, but this brings it all back.

Big Pudge 10-01-01 01:58 PM

i just watched the one where meadow and tony go lookin at colleges!! this show is as the one dude said, simply awesome!!
i cant wait to own the entire sopranos collection, great show!!

Dayewalker 10-01-01 02:15 PM

The Sopranos Season One set is something that I've been wanting for quite awhile now, but I just have yet to have the money for it. It's looking like I'm gonna ask for Season One and Two for Christmas, along with the Monty Python's Flying Circus boxed set, the Stanley Kubrick boxed set, Fawlty Towers, and whatever else I can think of. :D

MACD23 10-01-01 03:07 PM

i have certainly gotten my moneys worth from season I. i have watched each episode on the 4 discs probably about 6-10x per episode. thats an avg of 8x per 13 episodes =104 episodes probably an avg of 50 min in length = 5200 minutes of viewing/60 = 86.6 hours. (equivalent to watching [43] 2 hour movies)

now bring on season II so i can watch that one even more!

LightTrinity 10-02-01 04:05 PM

Originally posted by LightTrinity:
My fav episode from season 1 is when Meadow goes looking at colleges.

Originally posted by G. Noel Gross

That episode pretty much encapsles the whole show ... family vs. The Family.

exactly, well said. :)